Starfarer Tanker: The Ultimate Trade Ship

Jaxon Corvid

Is it me or does it look like the refueling arm is directed into position by the station above, ie refueling requires EVA.

It does look that way. Would be quite the experience if that's the case!

I couldn't resist getting one since my primary is T&I. Since they changed the stats from Tonnes to Freight Units the specs show;

Starfarer -  900 F.U

Taurus-     1900

Caterpillar 3200

I'm not sure if the specs will change but I love the details on the Tanker and since it will have the capability to scoop gasses and refine it on board will be a plus and converting it to haul solid resources makes this ship a great asset to the Fleet.

For hauling I will stay with my Caterpillar and will consider the Hull C that will have a massive capacity of 9000 F.U. compared to the Merchantman only has 6000 F.U.

Regarding the Hull C, I am gonna have to pick one up purely for the ridiculous size that it is.

Starfarer is looking great. The KC-135 of SC. Really curious how they will work the Areal Refueling with the boom? Haven't seen and refuel probes on any of the ships.

Plus, I bet those F.U. will change again, so don't commit to those numbers. Can't wait.

• 1 month later...

That's why I asked. Those pictures show identical seats. This middle one doesn't look the same. No padded headrest.

Anyone think we can hold rectangular StorAll crates instead of large tanks? That way we could use this to offload from an Orion.

2500FU's was the last hot tip of normal cargo space for the Starfarer... 

Variants and the "sale" of is coming... there was a cargo variant and the military variant mentioned in old wiki descriptions.

I suspect that the 2500 FU's represents the Starfarer's internal storage re-calculated using the new system referred to in the Orion article. Because it's implausible that the Starfarer's fuel tanks can only carry 600 FU's more than a Constellation Taurus.

I'm not interested in the Fuel Tanker or cargo variant of the Starfarer, but I'm curious about the military variant. If it's simply a military fuel tanker with greater protection and weaponry, I'd consider adding it to my personal fleet. :D

Although, it would awesome if CIG did something truly unique with the Starfarer variants. What if there's a special Military Starfarer model that serves as a heavy-lift transport ship, which is designed to deploy combat vehicles to the surface for planetary assaults?

We've already seen ships carrying and deploying rovers. And there will be FPS combat on planets. So I wouldn't be surprised if CIG creates combat vehicles and possibly battle tanks to be used for FPS battles, and a modified Starfarer is used to carry them and drop them off on planets. B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...