What Ships Will You Be Flying in the Dogfighter

Prospero

What ships will be available in the dogfighter do you think? I've spent some time thinking about it, and it seems safe to say that all the one man fighters will be there. The larger multi-man ships seem not so likely. The Constellation and Freelancer I'd guess not, but how about the Cutlass? Or even the Superhornet? Will CR limit it to only 1 man ships for ease of use on the multiplayer 'back-end' referenced as the reason behind the DFM's delay? 

My thought is this exactly, that only single man ships will be dogfighterable at the start, possibly to be patched down the road?

My guess is due to delays b/c of the backend, they may have the hornet as well as the aurora and maybe the 300i ready now for launch (damage states, etc.). I will probably use all of them, but primarily my SH so I can get used to it. Once Connie+ get in though, nothing except those as I plan on flying big ships more than fighters in the PU

It makes sense that CIG would focus on releasing the smaller single seat ships initially, but saying that they have previously finished the initial pledge ships first so there could be the possibility of including the Freelancer and Connie. I'm assuming you can fly these ships with one person anyway, just not to their full capacity. CIG could then introduce either AI or Human crew at a later date.

Personally I'll be bummed if I cant take my Connie out for a spin, and I'd also really love to use my Superhornet in a dogfight!

I was torn between the 315p and the 325a because I want to explore initially, but I figured the dogfighting module would be more fun if I had the 325a. Hopefully I can use the full loadout on the 325a when the dogfighting launches. 

In the live stream dog fight video Chris Roberts said the dog fight module will start with the hornet for everyone. Then as other ships are built and added, if you own one, you'll get the temporary hornet replaced by your ship.

From what I understand, if none of your pledged ships are ready when DFM comes out, CIG will "loan" you a hornet so that you can play/fly in the DFM.  As soon as one of your ships gets released, that "loaned" hornet will be taken back cos you have your own ship to fly.  Make sense?  :)

Hornet or Aurora I guess as they seem to be the default ships so far.

My Hornet is the F7C-M version so not sure it'll be ready for a while, especially when you consider the present pilot view.

Aurora LX may be there

350R, doubtful it will be in the DF module for a while

Freelancer will be getting the variant treatment when they release them, so again will probably not make it into the module early on.

Xi'an Scout (Quark) haven't even seen concept art of these yet :unsure:

By the time the DF module is released, I expect that at least the Aurora will be available in addition to the Hornet. I think the only other ship with a chance to also be in is the 300i.

Can't wait!! Any ideas on the DM launch date?

I am guessing middle to end of March, because I think Chris has set a high benchmark for internal testing, before they release it. I expect that the earliest it will release is the end of this month. This is a total WAG, since I have no additional info about progress and I am not in the industry.

I guess I'll fly anything I can. Of course my Freelancer first, to get the hang of the controls and test the limits of what I can do with the ship (speed and turn-wise).

I highly doubt there will be many Constellations flying around. Although if you gather a couple of friends and fly around in the ship, with a couple of other friends in smaller fighter ships, it could spawn some epic battles I'm sure.

I think I'll fly my Super Hornet... no wait.. my Connie... or no... my Cuthlass....or maybe I'll buy a 325a....

Help.

Perhaps there actually is such a thing as having too much choice? Hmm, no probably not.

I'll just fly my Hornet seeing as its all I've got...for now, heh.

Must...buy...more...ships...

Mjeh, i hope you will be able to fly all ships, even if you don't own one.. How else can you decide wether you want to upgrade your pledge ship to a more expensive version.. or buy an extra ship..

I would like to testdrive before i buy for real money..

cant wait to get in my 325a! I think it will be one of the first too, because its designed for one pilot. They are easier to implement. After the single-seat ships, they will focus on AI or want to get the the bigger ships into the DFM.