Psychomorph

The "Origin 300i" thread

Got to say: loving the all info, no fluff format of ISC. Lots of good news to ponder over. Love the customization options and the sub component system planned. It is exactly what I hoped for since playin Objects in Space recently.

And I couldn't help being surprised at the plantlife being designed for New Babbage. Anyone else think that she was talking about pot plants until she added a human for scale?

What do people think of the ship packages?  I think it's a great preview of how they will monetize after the game launches, these cosmetics (paint, cockpit, coffee maker, bed sheets) are decent.  But, what about the other pieces?  The coffee maker and food machine, we will have to eat and drink in the game so does this allow us to throw money and 'solve' that gameplay mechanic, or at least prepare with real-world-money for the mechanic?  Then there are the fitting packages, definitely not cosmetic, and having military grade gear in them was odd to see, but... I think it's still a potential way for them to monetize after release and (maybe) ship sales stop but fittings sales continue? 

Anyways, I customized my 300 series, anyone have comments on the packages or costs?

The flaw in the customization, you can only do it once and then melt and unmelt to have the original ship back. The problem is if it is a CCU you've lost the ship you had and using melt involves real cash ( except 1 free token you get every 3 months. 

Also, WTF is the decor prized higher that actual  working ship pieces you can customize?

6 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

The flaw in the customization, you can only do it once and then melt and unmelt to have the original ship back. 

Actually it makes it more like real life..... most car manufacturers will let you pick from their standard options......... then make that car for you........ but if you want new options (other than paint) you generally have to have a new car built or pay an after market person to modify it for you for a $