The "Origin 300i" thread

Psychomorph

i think its awesome that most of the button will actually have a use to them, first person flying is defo the way to go in this game!

Id like to see how the implement the radar in the cockpit

Have you guys seen the interior shots of the 300i? Bit rough but its bigger in there than you think! like some kind of sports model of the tardis!

The 300i is actually fairly large. I mocked up a crude scale comparison in Photoshop using the Aurora and Constellation comparison pic; the 300i appears to be more than half the size of the Constellation, despite that it's 2 tons lighter than the Hornet. I estimate the 300i is 32 metres long. Although, only 1/3rd of the ship is "useable" by the player. The rear half is all engine and thrusters. The cockpit and living quarters are actually comparable in length to the Aurora's cockpit and sleeping berth -- it's just roomier, with more headroom, which is presumably why the 300i is considered more of a luxury ship.

Well i knew it was going to be bigger and especially longer than the Aurora but it took me a little by surprise when i saw the hanger shots. I didnt expect there would be room for a living area just expected it to be like the hornet and it just be a single seat fighter and you can only get in the cockpit.

I can see myself kicking back and relaxing in there B)

• 1 year later...
"If the 300i got worse from v0.9.0.1 to v0.9.1 then it wasn't intentional. There was no balancing on ships or items in v0.9.1 - it was pretty much for control customization and SLI (and a lot of little fixes).

Likely someone changed something that had a ripple effect on the 300i and QA didn't catch it. I've asked QA to look at it in the am and also want to institute a balance review before releases to help catch issues like this (its hard as although we have a big team we're actually quite understaffed for enormity of the whole project that is Star Citizen)

But the basic rule is if the patch notes didn't say balance tweaks on the 300i (or on weapons its using) any degradation of performance was not intentional.

v0.9.2 (our internal R13.2) has some significant aiming / targeting / fine flight control changes that I hope people will appreciate - it definitely is a much better set up for fixed weapons but also doesn't go back to auto aim. I think this will also help with some of the complaints from Aurora and 300i pilots versus Hornet pilots. There is also a limited look / aim assist mode for gimbaled weapons for josytick users so they get some of the benefit of a gimabled weapon even though they don't have a good way of controlling their look / aim (you can also set up the joystick for flight and the mouse for look BTW) "

• 1 month later...

CIG Ben Lesnickwcloaf

Posted: 5:54PM

Developer.png
icon-backer.png
org-redacted.png

Posted: 5:54PM

Hey guys! I can confirm that it's on the bucket list, but that it's not a priority for the ship team right now. I would not expect the 300i to get a serious rework until at least Arena Commander 2.0. (That is to say: assigning a technical artist to redo the 300i means taking someone off of an existing ship. So it's something we'll do when we have either more artists or fewer ships to finish.)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2016 at 0:23 PM, GRIZZ said:

The RSI site claims the 300i has a S2 gimbol mount on the nose.  Does that mean it has a S3 mount with an empty gimbol?  Can I rent a S3 gun for the spot?

Supposedly yes, but the game is wonky and it might not work, plus it can change at any time, so to really answer your question decisively with a single word: MAYBE.

Also, incase you guys didn't know, a rework for the 300 series has been brought up by the community and is being considered after feedback was requested about the 300 series, now CIG is seeking feedback on the possible rework.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hmm... I wonder if an "Avenger rework" (size increase of about 20%) will be enough to make the 300 feel sufficiently distinct from the 100 series. It certainly leaves a large gap between the 300 and the 600 series in the Origin lineup...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...