How Much Did You Spend?

Dagger

I'm at $460 on my account (Stella + Hornet + M50 + 2 skins), and I bought the 300i for my bro at $60. Which technically puts me into the $500 tier (which like many of us is far over what I should have spent... I'm just too damn excited for this game already). Hopefully they'll send me the gold card :D

Started with Connie but read it will be expensive enough to kit out so I added the Vanduul. Then I decided I wanted to cover all/most of the "not spending $1,000" classes so added the M50 and Retaliator, $1005. That's $1,300 less than I was about to spend on a new laptop. Now I will wait until alpha or later before I spring for one. Come Fly With Me - Because it's Serenity. Captured Vanduul Fighter - Because I am a sucker for LE. ORIGIN M50 Interceptor - I need an outright interceptor in my hangar Retailiator - I need an ouright wreck your face bomber in my hangar Cutlass Package - Becuase I am a sucker for LE. Exploration Skin Military Skin Blackbeard Stealth Skin False Colors Skin Digital Electro Skin Hull Enhancement

I spent about $2300 using 3 accounts for myself and my kids. I didn't buy the Freelancer, the Gladiator, the Starfarer and the Caterpillar. Thanks @EllisDee and @Bearcat for making me feel less crazy :-) I just hope RSI closes this pledge before I buy something else. I never thought I would spend so much on a single game.

Guess I'll share as well, at 2100 now

Ships:

Come Fly With Me - 4 Person space exploration, had to have the Constellation

Make Mine a Double - I wanted a small stealthy ship and there was a rumor it could dock in the Constellation at the time(false)

Idris Corvette - I couldn't help myself, I saw 2/100 shortly after they announced it and impulse bought it. This snowballed into the next two ships as well...

ORIGIN M50 Interceptor - Two words "Race Ship", there was mention of that system with racing... Maybe its better for stealth then 300i?

Cutlass Package - Thought of gearing this for dog-fighting, 13k heavier/slower but more maneuverable then Hornet and one less C2 hardpoint

Captured Vanduul Fighter - Dog fighting in style, Cutlass can find another job. Hearing what CR said on the telethon, I just had too...

Retaliator Heavy Bomber - Blow some stuff up? Something for when Capital Ships become more popular maybe? Was impulse after I got the Vanduul

Aurora - To upgrade later?

Skins:

Exploration

Military

Blackbeard - Opps, Cutlass Package comes with this... Maybe Sandi will let me trade it for the "Shut up and take my money" skin? I asked

False Colors

Electro Skin Enhancement - From Kickstarter (later added to RSI)... Oops, I pledge enough money to hit the High Admiral level which includes this... do I have 2 now?

Also Imperator Subscriber and the SC Novella

I pledged $565 for Come Fly With Me, the Vanduul fighter, and three skins. I would have pledged more, if I had the money! I've been pledging to other crowdfunding projects as well for the past couple of months, so my finances (for luxuries) are stretched thin.

yeah that is what is stopping me from getting any add-ons, no life insurance

That message was posted on the 20th of November, before RSI clarified that anyone who'd registered on the RSI site before the deadline was affected by the grace period. The grace period is unusually long, and is running "through the weekend." I'm relatively certain that if you pledge now, you'll get your lifetime insurance.

Edit: Refer to You still have time to get more ships with lifetime insurance.

@Pnuts: something very similar happened to me. I started with the Constellation package and then bought the Idris when it was at 8/100 or 9/100. After spending on that the Vanduul and Retaliator followed pretty quickly. By then things where already out of control and a few other ships kind of followed almost automatically. Fortunately they decided not to sell the Bengal carrier. That would have made things much worse...

Thanks @EllisDee and @Bearcat for making me feel less crazy :-)

+1 ;)

This weekend can NOT end fast enough.

But... what if he brings out more!? Or what if the subscribers and those who spent over a $1000 get access to different ships in the exclusive store!? I haven't spent over $1000 or subscribed! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ;)

My biggest cost is also going to be the new system, pc is 2 years old now so it's still going strong but in 2 more years it'll be very outdated problem is that next year I'll need to buy a new laptop cause the one I have now is now 6 years old and I'll need that for work, hopefully when I get a job I'll get one from the company but I can't rely on that

My biggest cost is also going to be the new system, pc is 2 years old now so it's still going strong but in 2 more years it'll be very outdated

problem is that next year I'll need to buy a new laptop cause the one I have now is now 6 years old and I'll need that for work,

hopefully when I get a job I'll get one from the company but I can't rely on that

I know that feeling. My pc is currently almost four years old (build it right after the first generation i7 CPUs were released), and though I have upgraded the memory and graphics card (15GB RAM and a GTX580 now), I fear it will not last another two years.

I will need to see if I can build a new pc next year, should be fun again.

I know that feeling. My pc is currently almost four years old (build it right after the first generation i7 CPUs were released), and though I have upgraded the memory and graphics card (15GB RAM and a GTX580 now), I fear it will not last another two years.

I will need to see if I can build a new pc next year, should be fun again.

Your PC should last you two more years. I'm still using a Core 2 Quad CPU with 8Gb of RAM and the GTX580 and I haven't run into anything I can't play yet.

Now as long as my hard drives hold out I should be fine. ;)

Couldn't resist on the weekend, finally i got me an additional M50 yesterday, so now i got 3 skins, my Constellation and an M50, since i think that thing will gonna be lost most often.^^ Plus one t-shirt i'm @ 370$ + shipping. I'm curious if they can lure me in the oncoming year to spend more.^^

My PC's a little over a year old, and still runs the latest games at 60 FPS and very high settings on a 1920x1080 monitor. I'll be building a new one with cutting-edge hardware right before Star Citizen releases. It'll be about time anyway, and I want SC to run smooth as butter.

I spent at first $40 due to the fact that I didn't know much about the whole thing so I was uneasy about it to spend a lot, but after now joining the forums and joined up with the Imperium fleet I then ended up spending more this it was another $115 on the Hornet add-on which hurt me inside at first spending that amount, then I realised the exchange rate meant that I wasn't spending that much in pounds so no guilt for me :P

Still spending. We have a year so I'll probably end up buying up most of what's on offer. I've never invested anywhere near this much in a game before, but I've been wanting a game like this for many years and I think CR is finally making it. Also, it's a game that I think I'll play for many years. Next up is new hardware. Oh boy, time for a new thread...

Paladin I second what you've said. Theres no telling how much I will end up spending in the next year. Also is it just me or are days starting to feel like weeks waiting for updates on this game. I have no clue how the hell im going to be able to wait two more years for this game. If only Doc Brown and I were still friends maybe he would let me borrow his car... In the mean time The Emperor protects.

I'll be checking the RSI site once every week or two for updates, as I find it's healthier not to constantly obsess over a game until it's actually released (or at least close to release). I'll be happy when the multiplayer alpha goes live, though.

275 for the rear ad and I'm tempted to grab that limited edition pirate ship...though, I was disappoint to find out that the rear ad package was 25 bucks less on kickstarter! wtf?

Once the crowd funding time period ended, all prices were raised slightly and lifetime insurance is no longer offered for new pledgers.