MISC Hull C (Discreet)

NuclearWoo

MISC Hull C (Discreet) – Scaling from small “box trucks” to massive supertankers, the MISC range of cargo hulls (A-D) are the standard goods transporter in human space. Extremely configurable, MISC Hulls can be adapted for most any type of transport job: from standard bulk shipping on the patrolled spacelanes to armored cargo hauling on the frontier. While these pre-configured hulls are primarily used for legitimate purposes, the MISC Hull Cs have recently become the favorite for criminals who modify the ship with advanced sensor shadow technology, quick-decompress holds and a variety of hidden compartments without modifying the ship’s body so it will appear to onlookers as standard everyday transports.

This sounds like there is 4 different hulls from A to D.  I am sure those four hulls have different sizes from minivan sized cargo hold to super transport size.  This specific ship above is size C that has be customized for smuggler.  It also sounds like these ships are the main transportation throughout UEE so there will be tons of these flying causing the actual smuggler to not stand out.  This unlock not only shows smuggler ship but cargo hauler as well in my mind.

If it got more cargo space than the Starfarer I am going to buy it.

I think though that they should stop selling all the ships they are creating. At some point they should create ships you can only buy in PU. A larger Freighter and maybe even the 890 Jump are candidates for that.

Even if I were so inclined, discreet smuggling wouldn't be my style. I'd prefer blockade runner style. B) Or COMBINE the two, like the Millennium Falcon: 100 year-old hull, "ugly", and supposedly a very common light freighter, but highly modified to be, as Lando Calrissian said it, "The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy." :D I'm not particularly interested in the MISC Hull C... But I wasn't interested in the Starfarer either, until I saw it. :D One ship pic would make all the difference. :) Based on the description, the MISC Hull liking going to look very impressive ship, so it won't attract much attention. Naturally, it will be the upgrades and mods made to the ship that will be suited for smuggling, and presumably that's why backers will buy it. I'm more interested in learning about the upgrades and mods of smuggling, because I'm interested in converting my Constellation into a smuggling blockade runner. :D

Speaking of upgrades and mods, I wouldn't put it past CIG to offer pledge packages for weapons upgrades or mod kits for various roles.  Once they've created and balanced more assets post-dog fighting module, I reckon we might start to see those sorts of things in the online store.

I'm wondering why they only presented the Hull C. According to the description there are three other variants.

It sounds similar like the different Hornets or 300i.

So it's possible the basic ship won't be different in size, but there is something you can attach, that alters your ships use.

At least that would explain, why a smuggling ship looks like a normal transporter.

I'm interested in seeing the first concept of this ship. The description sounds good, but is kind of vague.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to use my 300r for smuggling, but I may need to pick this one up so I have different options depending on the contract. Hope it is nice. I was thinking of picking up an LTI Cutlass second hand, but since I have the 300r and SuperHornet, I dont think I need a ship that is a lesser combination of the both. Guess I am just going to have the best ship for the job instead of a jack of all trades.

I'm wondering why they only presented the Hull C. According to the description there are three other variants.

It sounds similar like the different Hornets or 300i.

So it's possible the basic ship won't be different in size, but there is something you can attach, that alters your ships use.

At least that would explain, why a smuggling ship looks like a normal transporter.

I'm interested in seeing the first concept of this ship. The description sounds good, but is kind of vague.

Reason I think A-D would be different sizes based on "Scaling from small “box trucks” to massive supertankers, the MISC range of cargo hulls (A-D) are the standard goods transporter in human space." on the description.  I think box truck would be A and supertanker would be D.  So C would be large cargo ship from the sound of it.

A is the Freelancer right?

I am not sure if it is.  If A was freelancer and D was starfarer, C would have also given a name not just a letter designation.  They could always give C a name then this theory might be valid.  Then we also have 1 other ship besides freelancer, starfarer, and unnamed C. 

I am not sure if it is.  If A was freelancer and D was starfarer, C would have also given a name not just a letter designation.  They could always give C a name then this theory might be valid.  Then we also have 1 other ship besides freelancer, starfarer, and unnamed C. 

From the description, it does not sound like that to me. It sounds more like our real life semi trucks with the different sizes of trailers. A better comparison in my mind would be the different size of transport ships in Freelancer, where they all look the same, but have different lengths being able to carry more containers.

I agree with Zandrake. The MISC Hull series of freighters seems like a different product line than either the Freelancer or Starfarer transport ships. The MISC Hull series sound like they're modular, with a crew module up front, cargo module of varying size in the middle, and engine module on the rear. So they'd be similar to a tractor-trailer rig, with the crew and engine modules attaching to interchangeable cargo modules.

Picture it as the Starfarer, except instead of the 3 small fuel tanks squeezed between the main engines, it would have a 300-metre-long cylindrical tank extending aft. That's how I  imagine it. B) Because I doubt that the Freelancer is the MISC Hull A "box truck", or the Starfarer is the Hull D "supertanker". According to JP11, the MISC Hull D is supposedly manufactured by the Xi'an and is described as "gargantuan" in size. I expect that the Hull D supertanker is as large as a capital ship; definitely larger than an Idris, but not as big as a Bengal Carrier. The Starfarer can't possibly be the largest freighter in MISC's ship line.

• 9 months later...

I was really bummed that I missed out on the MM, but the more I read into the Hull C the more I realize that it might have been serendipidous. I think this is going to be my ship. It is potentially the Firefly class ship we've been looking for. I mean refitting the interior for smuggling is exactly what you see with the Falcon or Serenity. Crew of 5 a a huge hold? If she's even a little pretty, this might be my ship. 

Not necessarily. The Freelancer is billed as long haul merchant ships, but a point is also made as to how maneuverable they are. Also, when I say pretty, I don't mean Origin pretty. 

I always thought one of the Star Wars transports was very pretty for a transport:

20070728Gallofree2.jpg

might be my twisted T&I perspective of pretty fat belliy :)

@CyberianK your image is broken..

So I'm wondering if and how big the Hull C might become. Most of the ships turned out bigger than they were on paper. Well the Reclaimer is technically still on paper, but the concept is far more progressed than others have been.

Anyway, the current stats say the Hull C is already 225m long 100m wide and 50m high. Could it become bigger than an Idris? The massive amounts of cargo one could transport (9000 CU already)

well atleast its a mass increased from 150k to 1.247.220kg i think this change was recently with the reclaimer insertion to the ships spec page

but iam not 100% sure but iam sure they revamped there take on big ships and wanted to make a point with the new concept ships.

Since the original values intend that they were kinda smaller ships and not that utilitarian like the Reclaimer is atm esp looking at the cargo bay here

• 3 weeks later...

Not really.

The vote apparently wasn't there to change the order ships would go on sale, so it is possible they'll sell the Hull C last. If they keep on selling one concept ship per week, we might see it at least within four weeks.

Also possible they save one concept ship for November 26th, which is ~6 weeks away.

Not really.

The vote apparently wasn't there to change the order ships would go on sale, so it is possible they'll sell the Hull C last. If they keep on selling one concept ship per week, we might see it at least within four weeks.

Also possible they save one concept ship for November 26th, which is ~6 weeks away.

@Nameless well if they pull out the Hull C or Herald before the Carrack i iam tempted to think that the blooper in a RTV about the most coolest of the last not released concept ships would be the Carrack.

• 1 month later...

What do we know about the Hull-C?

VerifiedSmerified 1 point2 points3 points

4 hours ago

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/167285/ship-discussion-thread-the-misc-hull-c/p1

Follow this thread for updates. So far what we know is this:

-Hull C still does not have its concept art done as of 12/10/2014. A concept artist has been assigned to it and is working on it though. Latest news from Ben is that it will be done sometime soon. Whether or not that means before or after the holidays has yet to be determined.

-Hull C will be able to be piloted by a single person with NPCs.

-Hull C is noted for being heavily automated.

-Hull C is noted for being quite modular.

-Hull C will MOST LIKELY grow larger like all of the other ships. I would not be surprised if it ends up larger than an Idris or maybe equal in size to a Javelin.

-Ben says the Hull-C will resemble a long tube/empty hull that you can shove whatever in. We will see if this is true or not soon.

Last quoted point was verified by Ben in his Base Interview yesterday.