Anvil Carrack - Dedicated exploration ship

Hon-R

I am far from convinced they haven't simply forgotten the bottom turret, and when it's released they'll apologize and tell us that it's too late to fix it. Of course the most cursory glance through their own Carrack forum would alert them to the issue, but I seriously doubt anyone on the design team bothers to actually check the forums. The couple of people who do check (not on the design team) seem blithely unaware of the issue, or they just don't give a crap.

2 hours ago, MericSever said:

The bottom turret is still there .... just no turret attached

1118186766_BottomTurret.PNG.979da4b03921a3010fee72b519935268.PNG

Yeah, I'm hoping that CIG will still have that spot marked for the fourth turret and didn't change it out for an elevator or something. Otherwise it will be a massive blind spot.

3 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

That was only the connie

Don't forget the Mustang line and the Retaliator  ... and the Freelancer line ...... the 300 series even the Avenger has had rework done several times and there in lies the issue that any ship done before the proper metrics were done and patterned out have had or will have to be redone or fixed, the conni is a good example cause its had a lot of focus and WAY to many promises made about it 🤣 CIG i think have learned their lesson on that one. 

The Tali has been mentioned to be requiring a full rework several times ie. power not supporting the base guns and its metrics are not up to standard so it currently cant do its job, the 300 series has been worked on several times with minor changes and some structural changes here and there, the mustang was tweaked a few times (Very minor) and then had a full remake.

As to the Freelancer ... eww i don't understand how such a awful ship could exist though i do like what they did to the conni but ........ i HAD to upgrade to the Hammertime (cant touch this)  

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I completely missed this, the top forward remote turret is brought waaay back. Where I think it and the lower(may have moved?) are blocked when firing left and right. 

I am inclined to believe that none of them have the experience involved " third person shooter" games. 

48 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

Ok I completely missed this, the top forward remote turret is brought waaay back. Where I think it and the lower(may have moved?) are blocked when firing left and right. 

I am inclined to believe that none of them have the experience involved " third person shooter" games. 

Actually I prefer the new turret placement. Where it was before it's fire arc was quite limited with regard to rearward targets. Where it is now I think it has a much clearer/larger field of fire. When in a fight, a Carrack isn't going to be dog fighting per say, it won't be maneuvering to get targets in it's forward arc. It's maneuvers will instead simply be evasive. It's weapons meanwhile will want the largest possible arcs of fire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...