Anvil Carrack - Dedicated exploration ship

Hon-R

It's better, but still could have increased the engine sizing instead of  leaving it as is.

The actual  outline is sleeker and more defined with the mid engine. Tbh, I'd fire the devs in charge of designing the engine in the first place. They have zero clue. The new has more inline with the engine block matches the whole ship. not an "FU who cares"  of screaming static!

one thing, it looks like the slightly modified it again to where they put the angled frame at the top of both engines. It looks like it just goes straight up and they across at right angle (90 Deg) . I would have thought that 90 deg angles were the devils work for Anvil?  

Damn this no lift, it's not exactly a hard thing to put in 😕 also I noticed how void the bottom of the bridge is. Still it is my favorite Ship.

I was happy to notice that the vehicle bay goes to another area So I am happy with that.  I loooove the observation deck which looks out above the hanger. 

I´ve played with it for a bit and boy o' boy is it  a gamble to land this thing inside of those space station hangars.
There´s like 50cm of wiggle room to either side when you fly in, your either perfectly streight and aligned to the hangar or you scrape the whole hangar.
They shoudl rotate the weapons of the side turrets either 90° up or down if they are not in use so that you at least have a few extra meters of clearance to the side.

That bottom turrets is a fourth landing gear for sure. someone suggested making it slide up the rear hu8ll when not in use. I´m in the boat that wants a remote turret that can halfway retract into the hull. It´s an exploration ship and you´ll most like not find a perfectly plane field to land.

The ramp also can´t reach the ground if the terrain is slightly uneven rendering it useless and impossible to board the ship again. Another way of entry would be highly appreciated.

yeah, that is common "feature" across so many ships. The Devs half thought about this. They should have over extended the ramps too make it handle properly. ED has right from day one, the landing colourizarion red/green. It is more and more of a problem with large ships landing outside of a port.

UEE Exploration 2948 Packs will be removed VERY soon! (REMOVED NOW)

EDIT:

I thought it would be on friday but the 2948 packs have already been replaced by the 2950 versions today. Quite a price difference too.

Ah well, I hope that everyone who wanted one got theirs when the price was still low. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/anvil-carrack-the-gibbening/194036

"Both the 2948 UEE Exploration Pack and 2948 Exploration Megapack will be updated to 2950 versions once the Carrack releases. If you were interested in obtaining one of these packs before they go up in price, you have a little bit of time left."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought I'd give you guys a quick heads-up just in case you were still contemplating on getting one of these Exploration packs at some point as CIG has now stated that they will be removed and replaced by a more expensive 2950 version in the next few days. ;)

These are Chairman's Club packages meant for Concierge level backers but the $695 UEE Exploration 2948 Pack becomes visible at $750 pledged and can be purchased with Store Credit. So for those of you who were still on the fence (or close to that $750 marker) now is basically the last time to get a Carrack in a very lucrative pack before it gets replaced by a (more expensive) 2950 version. :)

UEEExploration.thumb.png.3cdc61d02d71811bacfbb67f0c3f684d.png

Many Bothans died to bring us this information

I don't understand what their trying to sell me.

I have a Carrack.  Then they added the C8X upgrade and I didn't want to pay for skins but I bought it to add extra weapon mounts to the Pieces.

Now I get an e-mail that theirs a Expedition version of the Carrack for an extra $25, but it's not clear what your getting beyond a white skin, hat, shirt, and plushie.

6 minutes ago, GRIZZ said:

I don't understand what their trying to sell me.

I have a Carrack.  Then they added the C8X upgrade and I didn't want to pay for skins but I bought it to add extra weapon mounts to the Pieces.

Now I get an e-mail that theirs a Expedition version of the Carrack for an extra $25, but it's not clear what your getting beyond a white skin, hat, shirt, and plushie.

That's exactly what you'll get. :P

The Extra $25 gets you a white skin for the Carrack as well as a hat, shirt, and plushie.

$45 gets you a white skin for the Carrack and the C8X Pisces as well as a hat, shirt, and plushie.

Also, while it wasn't listed specifically the people who already own a Carrack and just want the CCU will also get that hat, shirt, and plushie. It caused a bit of a stir when only the standalone packs made mention of the goodies. But apparently the goodies are linked to the 'Expedition' part. :)

Carrack-Expedition-goodies.thumb.png.9bbe8f2a21b63e1ddbbf2f43b3f8a35e.png

If I read everywhere correctly, currently the Anvil Carrack has a total of 456 units of cargo space and only the three cargo pods are used for cargo.

Has it ever been asked or answered why the rover bay is also not used for cargo space?  (think the Valkyrie the cry to use vehicle space for cargo)