Anvil Carrack - Dedicated exploration ship

Hon-R

What is interesting is other people already show the Carrack at 155.6m - and it is obviously pulled from a CIG asset - so maybe this actually happened awhile ago --- which could mean that the Carrack has been undergoing a popular demand ------ STEALTH development ------- it was taken off the roadmap as well awhile ago - and without anything being said.

I this this all portends to a possible flyable RELEASE for Citizencon (or maybe Anniversary - or Holiday sale) as a surprise along with the Kraken

vywqwolnaeb11.jpg

(Relevant timestamp linked)

+++

Yeah they had already said it was larger when they were going concept. They had already said it was 155m.

Btw here is the timestamp about the ship.

To be honest, the only ship it should have a bigger size is the crucible. It is only on the actual "dock station" for  fighters have the  "land" would be nicer for it to take medium ships like the freelancer or the cutlass.

Anyway, like @VoA said the size increase was given from the 2017 Anniversary were he said the ship size increased by 30m+ which would be 153.5m+

See - other's are speculating the same thing :)

From Reddit - 

[Theory] The Carrack is done, and it's the surprise for tomorrow.

renderTimingPixel.png

Why would we see so much of it last year? See the entire grey box essentially and it's not in the pipeline? At all? Are you sure?

We have also suddenly received a concierge package with The Carrack and most other ships in the game already, if not soon.

My theory is that it's a secret 3.3.X patch to be released after Citcon.

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, GRIZZ said:

I'll take only a 10% gain.

I never knew it had a medbay, I wonder if it has respawn capability or is that reserved for the Endevor Hope?

My understanding is the only respawn medical bays are on the Apollo and Endeavor.... not on ships like the Carrack or Idris even though they have their own medbays it's not the same kind or capability unless that has recently changed

Some images taken from the AtV: https://imgur.com/gallery/3r39TI2

2gpZcCt.png

Not too keen on the back. Seems that in order to reduce length they just cut out the middle section of the thrusters and then crammed it back together. But then again the whole model just seems like a mockup that's been roughly cut&pasted together (also notice how the pods don't align properly and sit too far back).

Original concept:

Carrack_side_view_final_Gurmukh.png

8 hours ago, VoA said:

My understanding is the only respawn medical bays are on the Apollo and Endeavor.... not on ships like the Carrack or Idris even though they have their own medbays it's not the same kind or capability unless that has recently changed

Respawn is dependent upon having Class 1 medbays. Which, for ships, only the Apollo and Endeavour have as far as we know.

39 minutes ago, Memoriam said:

Do we know the class of the Carrack medbays?

We don't know but likely class 3... with upgrade options to class 2.... with no likelihood of an option to upgrade to class 1 (Class 1 likely restricted to Apollo and Endeavor Hope)

12 minutes ago, Gremlich said:

I would hope, because the Carrack is a long-term "self-sustaining" exploration ship, that it would have at least Class 2.

Agreed. A Class 3 is just a glorified bandaid applicator and completely useless for a deep space explorer that can't call on anyone for help 99% of the time. So it definitely needs something better than that. At least a Class 2 or a Class 1 without the respawn option. :)

Oh wow, I cant say im happy with the changes even if id like to be considering its finally in production :)

But having it 40% larger then the original design and then scaled down again to only being 10m longer then the original design "8%" (See pic of original design and size comparison below) is kind of a let down for me, aswell as it being 7m wider making it pretty wide compared to length :(

Also the way they shrank it felt cheap, instead of keeping the old concept they had to make the mid section of the ship longer to fit all the interior (hence the 40% increase) but instead decided they could get it back in orignal size again by cutting the engine by 60% making the entire ships design look extremly bulky and weird. CIG you had ONE job, there is no cheap way when you work with the most anticipated ship in the game.... sharpen up!!

Not making matter better by not giving us a real excuse (possibly hidden from us) for why they shrank it, what they said is that it was to big for a 6 man crew ship. If thats the case how come the luxury yatch 890 Jump who has a crew of 3 and max 5 is nearly 185m long now.... thats 50% larger then the current carrack for a smaller crew ship. But you know we gotta fit that swimming pool, surely that is a better argument to keep its size vs carrack having a big engine, I mean why would it need that as a long ranged explorer? 🤦‍♂️

(not saying the 890 jump should be smaller) im saying the carracks size was justified for being bigger then the original, being named after one of the largest classes of ships in the 14th century.

Pardon my rant my dear fellow Carrack lovers :(

M3ThUro.png

They started a thread for this 3 days ago, alot of ppl arent happy with the changes.

Wether you like them or not you should make your voice heard cause now is the chance to change it before they go into exterior detailed work (as that is the next job now when the interior layout is finally finished)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/65293/thread/disfigured-carrack

Its the same as before they started they said, maybe 10m longer (but that is with 15m shorter engine give or take) so 15m larger in the other proportions. The cargo modules looks alooooot bigger now to compared to the older designs where they were not as visible.

Marked a timer (also you can also almost see on Jareds face that he is thinking at that moment, I wonder what the community will say now) XD

I mentioned this on Spectrum so I'd thought I'd echo it here.....

Is is just me, or am I seeing lots of struts like the Connie?  I understand that it will have an almost half spherical view from the seat, but unless the struts are transparent, all I see is the Andromeda cockpit, just larger. 😕

mehhhhh my be sacrilege to say, but screw it.  I may just go to the 600 explorer for the view and solo play.  I'll just man one of yours for the deeper travels.