Anvil Carrack - Dedicated exploration ship

Hon-R

On 3/18/2018 at 10:29 PM, azile0 said:

Already melted :) I bought a base Freelancer, and I have $290 in store credit for the next sale.

Presently my fleet contains:

Super Hornet
Cutlass Blue
Freelancer
Dragonfly Black

I'll have to consider future purchases carefully

The Freelancer and Cutlass Blue are close in cargo capacity. The Blue is good for the Bounty role, but if you upgrade the FL to the MAX for moar cargo, you really shouldn't have to buy additional ships. There's also the FL DUR if you want an exploration and cargo capability. Your four ships can really be your limit if you think about it - 1) Fighter, 2) Bounty hunting, 3) Cargo/Exploration, 4) 2-man scooter/roundabout

Cutlass Blue has the upgraded armor and engines though. You really can't go wrong with either Blue or Max, it's just a personal preference of what you want it to look like.

Since you did get rid of the Carrack and still want to explore I'd look into joining an Exploration Unit, because you can most likely borrow/rent from within the unit but not have to deal with cost of the actual ship. Not saying Star Hawks but maybe Star Hawks ;) 

14 hours ago, Donut said:

I'd look into joining an Exploration Unit,

Such an AWESOME idea (hint hint look at our sigs)

My advice was focused on several different roles that his ships can be involved with, which, if you look at the Exploration elements, The Hawks can engage in combat ops, bounty hunting, cargo and exploration (and goofing off with the small vehicles/Bikes)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 12:31 AM, Devil Khan said:

Check again. Concept only,  still didn't finish it.

I'm pretty sure its in white-box stage at the moment thought also probably on hold till exploration stuff gets worked in (2019 .... hopefully)

Yes and shortly after was on they decided to put it on hold and created 3.* and a new roadmap as well.

I have a Carrack and the sooner the better, but I tend to find out the surprise is better than for driving the hype up every time. 

Also they showed it as Ship shape as part of CitizenCon I think or was it earlier  during GamesCon.

Sadly in this video you can here from Jared that the Carrack has officially stopped its production.

(with other words it hasnt been touched since last update, around january)

I linked it at the right moment of when he starts talking about it 😕

Its time to bring out the pitchforks and torches 😛

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, GRIZZ said:

89tuzvjxomp11.png

Supposedly this was "leaked" in today's calling all devs, then the video was re-uploaded without it.

Now let's hope it will also get some Capital sized components like a Capital-sized Quantum Fuel tank or some onboard refinery or something. At the moment it still only has a single Large tank. That really isn't going to cut it for a deep space exploration ship of that size in my opinion. 😕

Heck, even the Caterpillar has the same 1x Large QF tank (plus an extra Small tank for the command module) so the Carrack would have even less range compared to a (much smaller and lighter) tramp freighter atm and that makes no sense to me. 🤨

Carrack-Caterpillar.thumb.jpg.4bd8a808027b8d469152b95710bfc142.jpg

11 hours ago, GRIZZ said:

89tuzvjxomp11.png

Supposedly this was "leaked" in today's calling all devs, then the video was re-uploaded without it.

Here it is - as we discussed it was an intentional Easter Egg (most likely) from Jared (CIG) - teasing it on an early release then editing it out (thus as we discussed in last evenings TS meeting it is likely being worked on now and we could even see it at Citizencon along with the Drake Kraken) :)

See 57 sec. into this summary video below....

Doubt it, They have to be a lot from the whole ship and it's bigger than the Hammerhead and the Hammerhead was fast tracked and a lot of it was taken from Idris and Javelin in under 8-9 months.

I really hate the way that a lot of larger ships don't have a lot of internal layout on their concept.  Except the fact that they are on concept that those ship(s) ARE going to be in-game and the layout is needed to be there so the size is properly down.

EG Orion, not enough free room, had to be bigger. 

Anyway  They should have an ESTIMATED adding of ships 3.5+ during the CitizenCon or the Anniversary.