Anvil Carrack - Dedicated exploration ship

Hon-R

10 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

I have a few Connies, but only at stock IE not going to upgrade them until they have at least been re-designed. You can always CCU to a connie phoenix instead

and take it with you in the Carrack.

Yeah you did :')

Anyhow, back to Amy, the Carrack is a very nice ship that, should you upgrade it's weapons, becomes a fine all-rounder. It being an ex-military ship, it should feature some pretty neat armor as well as a nice shieldgen slot. The power core should also be able to easily handle all the guns you need. I'd personally like some more hardpoints (or being able to switch out the big sensor pylons for missile racks for example), but hey. That's what you get for having an explorer.

But we'll see what CIG does with it. Maybe there'll even be variants with weapons instead of sensors.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Caldon said:

I can't wait to see her actually in the hangar. She's a big one!

Didn't CIG say however that the Carrack, as pitched, was outdated and that they'd update her?

You never know what CIG means when they use "outdated" with respect to any ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah... I totally took advantage since I got a little extra money yesterday and took advantage. Got a Orion to Carrack CCU, because I have a Carrack to Reclaimer CCU in my hangar. (My endless debate between the Reclaimer and Orioin continues). 

But on topic.... The Carrack is still available for anyone that missed it. 

• 9 months later...
18 hours ago, Kodryn said:

Nice i can’t wait to see it in game. I hope they won’t fuck it up like vanguard.

The Vanguard hasn't been re-processed yet - few if any of the 1st time go-arounds for a given ship have been a hit. Starfarer for instance. The Vanguard should be much improved once it gets adjusted.

• 1 month later...