Anvil Carrack - Dedicated exploration ship

Hon-R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, CC-Corp said:

i'd rather have this then the buggy in the hanger :P take it for a spin!!!

Side note why is it's RSI built you'd think Anvil would make there own for their own ship lol

Anvil is not in the terrestrial vehicle business.  It would be cheaper to repackage a quality rover with your ship, then spend the R&D and manufacturing money to produce their own.  Similar to Aegis reselling the Starfarer.

2 hours ago, Caldon said:

Welp. I made the jump (ha ha) and melted my Caterpillar for a Carrack.
What a rare beauty this ship is.

Definitely a good move. Carrack will be one of the best ships in game. You won't regret it.  I am just about to melt my caterpillar as I still cannot find any love for this ship.

I love The Cat. One of the few asymmetric ships, detachable command module so you can play space trucker and treat it as a trailer, the side and front bays, etc. I struggled to not buy it. But in the end exploration is for me, and that bridge on the Carrack...Just so open and expansive for the whole crew. Each in their station and yet each very much in the midst of the moment. Great design.

Stay on topic people, Thank you

Side note from what i've hear there looking at getting a different rover for the carrack, since it didn't take them very long to build this one i can see them trying a few diffrent manufacturers of them 

2 hours ago, CC-Corp said:

Stay on topic people, Thank you

Side note from what i've hear there looking at getting a different rover for the carrack, since it didn't take them very long to build this one i can see them trying a few diffrent manufacturers of them 

Interesting. I wonder what an Anvil Rover would look like. :)

7 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

I still remember Ben Lesnick saying that the Starfarer was almost ready. And then it took another year before we finally saw it. ;)

Please tell me they had to start over halfway because of new, improved standards? D:

7 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

I still remember Ben Lesnick saying that the Starfarer was almost ready. And then it took another year before we finally saw it. ;)

Yuuup, and then CR saying end of January. March 18th it ended up being :D

When people were seeing the Cat in AtV etc, i recall plenty of people thinking it'd be in the next patch, that was around May and i suspected it was more likely October. If the Starfarer has taught us anything, its that these things take time and having something that looks finished (what parts they show us) doesnt mean it is.

The Carrack could easily be a year long task. Maybe see some early progress of it after 6mo, look close around 9mo, but i cant see it being with us till late 2017 and the same applies to all those T3 large ships (Reclaimer, Orion, Endeavour etc).

The Carrack could easily be a year long task. Maybe see some early progress of it after 6mo, look close around 9mo, but i cant see it being with us till late 2017 and the same applies to all those T3 large ships (Reclaimer, Orion, Endeavour etc)