Wazka

Starfarer

Well the Starfarer is now flight ready on live servers for the general public and returned to the sale page for $300.

I'm surprised the price did not go up again one last time.  I could have sworn they said they split the price increase up and were doing the big bump when hangar ready, and another bump when flight ready.

New Starfarer map, this guy did a great job using blender to take a picture of the cross sections of the ship.  I know the ship pretty well, but it seems I do not know level 3 as well as I thought.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/5264-MISC-Starfarer-Map

Imgur Album:

Spoiler

From Around the verse 3.5.  I doubt the Gemini will keep the same internal dimensions cargo hold so bask in your cargo greatness MISC owners.

Plus if you choose the "Cargo Dry" pods, you get so much more cargo outside.

Starfarer-Blueprint-1.jpg

Cant deny im still rather disappointed by that communal room, in fact, most of the habitation floor. Its always felt like its had temp textures, greybox or something.

The lack of colour i think is what does it, it makes it look incomplete and compared to say the Phoenix with its white panels, they have a certain finish to them that looks finished, not just being a surface awaiting textures. It just needs some accent colours to make it come alive (more #F60 orange plz :D), just a few stripes, something...

And the Captains room, ignoring the loss of the fishtank which IMO was a really nice touch that disappeared later and for the Thanksgiving stream (iirc), we started seeing pics of the room with the custard yellow desk & panels (not my first choice, but okay). Replaced with more white - yey :(

All the other floors look like they're finished, the top deck just feels like it needs a splash of paint as we have 3 floors of dark greys with heavy splashes of vibrant orange, and then the 4th floor is white and light greys, and feels completely out of place. I cant even see the utility to dark work areas and heading back to the communal spaces and being hit by white doesnt seem helpful either, so i dont even understand it from a realism POV to understand why its been left like that.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why it might be like this? Obviously its not an 890 so it wont be hand-crafted surfaces from luxury materials, but it feels cold and unfinished compared to other floors, IMO.