zealpath

Salvage!

Looks like Salvage has been pushed back... again.
It's now listed for Q2 2020. So... June next year.

That makes.. 5 times now? I lost count on how many times they pushed salvage back.
At least now they actually talked about it and how other systems need to be in place.. which does make sense..

Lets hope the wait will be worth it.

2 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

Looks like Salvage has been pushed back... again.

Well they revealed it took them 6 months to get Prospector Mining right but hey did hit a Home Run with it so if we are going to be playing with the Salvage mechanic for years...... then I am fine with the wait.

They do finally have the essence of mining in, but still in the baby steps.
Lot to do yet, like culling inert materials, giving us more space rocks to eliminate hover issues, allow refining into ingots for better sales, bringing the Orion online, and on and on.
BUT... It is there, so...

Like mining, I see a lot of subdivision in salvage. Some will sell the raw junk. Some will break it down into marketable parts or resources, some will even use the chunks for repairs or even upgrades.
Ships you can use, repair/slicing additions in your hangar, repair skills, and other factors will be getting built well after the ability to tractor up a chunk or two for sales.
Every time they gain a little, it just shows how much further we have to go.

Only way forward I can see is going to be several of these 'skills' or 'roles' being just past raw usage on release.
It does not bother me in the least if they get refined after release.
Better, actually, since it will keep new and cool things to do coming down the pipeline well after release.
Everyone's wet dream, a game that stays interesting for longer than 40 hours. - DRUM out