Aegis Reclaimer

bloodybarker

"the turret seats rotate" confused me because I thought on the floor by those rotating seats I thought i saw D2 and D4 and assumed that ment Drone.  But it might be similar seats.

"The grinding room had a big door you process scrap through"  huh?  How come i see animations of small scrap falling through those 6 small doors in the walls of the grinding room?

Engineering deck == Sub Deck  - Seems the artists use either term to refer to the same deck and in one scene you can see a sign labeling a ladder changes from one name to the other proving they are one in the same.

I'm pleased to hear them say players complained about other ships layouts not making sense (starfarer FPS maze) and it was a priority from the start to make a good layout.

17 hours ago, GRIZZ said:

"The grinding room had a big door you process scrap through"  huh?  How come i see animations of small scrap falling through those 6 small doors in the walls of the grinding room?

That whole thing confuses me as well. What I think is happening is that scrap falls out of the small doors, the grinder turns it into bits and then those bits get fed through the door in the back... somehow.

This seems to me the best description of what they meant, though you’d think the scrap would get pulled through the shredder downwards and then fed into a smelter by some unseen process, underneath the spinning blades.

If scrap is supposed to magically stay afloat on top of the spinning blades.. that would be.. unrealistic.

Due to gravity (which directs the scrap down from the 6 doors/funnels) would cause small bits of debris to pile up underneath and would eventually cause issues for the grinder... Unless there’s a unseen process underneath that feeds said debris into the smelter.. which kind of negates the need for Scrap getting fed through the back door up top...?

we really need a good explanation from CIG...

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: Its the Idris. Today's sneak peek does not state what ship it belongs to.

Vfx_sneakPeak_dec17_ReactorCore1.jpg

But I have a good suspicion that the engine room on the Reclaimer has 2 decks and the above photo is the lower deck of the engine room.  The below image is a verified Reclaimer engine room.  And if you look the railings don't match, but the railings are pretty basic cubic railings and might not have been finished yet.  The theame of caution stripes fits the bill.  Plus if you look through the grating it looks like it might resemble the top of the teaser.

https://imgur.com/R4Vj8UA

The Railings are completely different. In design and colour scheme. Also the hue from the lighting is clearly different one is pale blue-ish and the Reclaimer is red-ish

We were told that the same style room for engineering, but different style for each ship type EG Idris, Reclaimer and Javelin are three of the known Aegis XLarge ships

If you look closely you can also see that the landing gear on the main thrusters are extended as well. I think it’s obvious that the animations are still being worked on.

the tractorbeam tech isn’t in yet either, though they made it look allright. At one point they’re going right through the derelict tho ;p

• 5 weeks later...

I had assumed they would take the easy route and make the Reclaimers main thruster pistons fixed and solid like they did on the vanguard.  If they make them actually articulate I have no idea what I would do, I'd be so happy!

There is the chance that when the ship is flying they are fixed, and only rotate for landing mode.  And the pivoting arms might be for landing gear compression.

On 12/25/2017 at 11:31 AM, Fizzlefuse said:

If you look closely you can also see that the landing gear on the main thrusters are extended as well. I think it’s obvious that the animations are still being worked on.

the tractorbeam tech isn’t in yet either, though they made it look allright. At one point they’re going right through the derelict tho ;p

And when they pan the ship from the outside, the cockpit is empty.  So it was likely just pasted and crudely animated into the scene for the vertical slice and won't be ready for a bit longer.

Assuming that rear door is huge... note the door is higher than the ramp on the Idris.

For Convenience?  Then why did it not stick with the original rear "thrusters" which didn't have those pistons.  

Here is a question... what do you think if people want to use it as a low rider, when landed. :D  Just think about it for a second... and try to imagine. Granted the rear two thrusters, aren't as flexible as the front. 

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. It’s been a long wait but seeing this ship coming together is so worth it 😱😱😱😱😱😎

these guys are wizards 🤣👍

edit: I hope this also means the Reclaimer will be part of the 3.1 patch in March and won’t be pushed back to 3.2. I’m a patient man but I want my baby🤣

the roadmap says 34/56 as I’m typing this so... fingers crossed 🤞 

16 hours ago, GRIZZ said:

Reclaimer is "racing to the finish line"!

Whoohoo!

I do still wonder about the “manned cutter”, which hasn’t been mentioned at all in any of their vids since they started working on the Reclaimer, all we know about it comes from the original concept sale.

Additionally, it includes a manned cutter which may be deployed for EVA/recovery operations. We intend the game’s salvage mechanic to include a ‘search and recovery’ function in which players will exit their spacecraft in suits and maneuvering units to explore wreckage. Pocket spacecraft like the cutter will carry tools and supplies and transport recovered artifacts back aboard ship.

I hope they at least talk about it during next month’s Shipshape, the cutter and the EVA search and recovery mechanics were what really sold the salvage profession to me in the first place. These recovery mechanics leave things open for specialized salvage suits, gear and equipment. If things will be left more to drones, and we can just stay tucked away in our ship, that would take some of the risk and excitement away.

Here’s to hoping they haven’t forgotten about it. 😒

• 2 weeks later...