Welcome to Star Citizen Base

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bloodybarker

Aegis Reclaimer

498 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

It makes sense they first flesh out mining with a small vessel and work their way up from that. This is why I was surprised we'd see the Reclaimer so soon, I was expecting a smaller salvage ship.

Yeah, releasing the Reclaimer instead of fast tracking a single seater salvage ship really kills my theory their gonna make a small dedicated salvage ship.  

Maybe the scrapping of ships back into raw materials requires a grinder and all the other ships capable of salvage (aka equipped with tractor beams) are just taking components and leaving the hulls behind.

It has been 430 days since the last mention of working on the Salvage Design Doc.   What are they waiting for?

GeraldEvans likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the design doc will release with the ship since they're working on the mechanics of it now.

GRIZZ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 6:20 AM, Devil Khan said:

No it's the carrack had been slated in the first batch of 3 large ships, but got pushed back way back. Honestly it is a waiting game really.

The carrack has been replaced by its bastard brother connie + varients when they had to be reworked/redesigned again. They took the jugdement call with the Aquila.

Yet they still havent updated the Pheonix from the original.... why pay the premium for VIP status if your the last to be served....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

check the stats and the breakdown from the concept page it is heavily armed and armoured compared to default andromida. she loses out of storage. but gains a rover. however both it and the taurus aren't started reworking yet. The Aquila has been reworked as slated for 3.0. However this is meant to be for the connie. Topic says it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was more a comment on their priority for reworking  and schedules bouncing all over the place and adding some ironic humor. No need to get upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reclaimer for me is a 10 out of 10!!! This really the first ship that feel like i and a crew could live, work and prosper on in the verse.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

GeraldEvans likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

/sigh. she's so gorgeous;)
They absolutely nailed the look and feel.

You couldn't be more correct, this is the first ships that we had from a concept that held true to its intention and looks perfect. Cant wait to get into this this thing to explore.

 

 Jesus, was just thinking about all of these pictures and in atmosphere/on the ground media blips we have seen. Can you imagine the amount of thrust this baby has to put out? Even empty this thing is a beast, but to have it full of high density metals and components and nothing to help create lift like wings.... that's impressive and awe inspiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it and would love to buy it. Its just a little to much $$$ for me to really give right now. I guess I will have to be content with upgrading to a cutlass black or maybe a prospector. 

 

BTW, did they say anything about salvaging wrecks on the ground? Being on a mission when another player comes down in one of these and starts harvesting the wreck your in? Now that's gameplay.

 

Devil Khan and AstroJak like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nope they haven't said anything official. It does look as do reclaimer can salvage derelicts on the surface. Had assumed they would only inspace that the deralicks would be salvaged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Th3 Warm0ng3r said:

 Jesus, was just thinking about all of these pictures and in atmosphere/on the ground media blips we have seen. Can you imagine the amount of thrust this baby has to put out? Even empty this thing is a beast, but to have it full of high density metals and components and nothing to help create lift like wings.... that's impressive and awe inspiring.

Hell yes. I hope the sound design on this ship is as impressive as it's visual design. If we don't get a heavy thundering sound as she lands or takes off,  that will make my entire apartment vibrate, I'll be a little dissapointed ;)

Th3 Warm0ng3r likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

Hell yes. I hope the sound design on this ship is as impressive as it's visual design. If we don't get a heavy thundering sound as she lands or takes off,  that will make my entire apartment vibrate, I'll be a little dissapointed ;)

Yeah, just looking at this picture instills so much awe, every time, after multiple days of seeing it. But yes, I mean if our space ships can make the ground vibrate from half a mile away, I'm expecting to hear and feel this before I can even see it. This ship is literally the first time where I get truly excited at the potential. Big enough to be a home away from home of sorts, yet small enough to play in on your own with some bots or  just a few constant, reliable friends. Time to start building an emersion capsule, I wish there was a way to see the keyboard with the Rift...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, faquarl25 said:

BTW, did they say anything about salvaging wrecks on the ground? Being on a mission when another player comes down in one of these and starts harvesting the wreck your in? Now that's gameplay.

They didn't say anything about salvaging planetary wrecks but I imagine you won't be able to salvage the wrecks themselves as in removing them from the surface and melting down the metal.
I reckon you will, at one point, be able to scavenge for usefull components. We'll have to see what CIG comes up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It deepens on how they choose to handle wrecks vs derelicts. Since the latter are at the moment persistent and hand placed (homes for NPCs, and POIs on their own, I don't think they want us removing them. Fresh wrecks on the other hand shouldn't be an issue, as they'll despawn anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a mixture of both procedural and hand placed. I imagine that the ones where we can't salvage are those who NPC's or even players have started using as shelters and homes. There may even be physical differences so we'll know which ones to look for with our Reclaimers. The ones used by NPC's and players may only be component salvageable, where the procedural ones may be completed scooped up and torn apart, leaving a crater where there was once a wreck, and then something else will crash or spawn in that same location. 

Remember, they said that everything will have a reason for being in the verse. They don't want random items and ships just randomly popping into existence. So the idea of watching a ship burn up in atmosphere and crashing may be a possibility. As far as 3.0, I expect items and ships to pop out of nowhere.

GeraldEvans likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donut said:

It's a mixture of both procedural and hand placed. I imagine that the ones where we can't salvage are those who NPC's or even players have started using as shelters and homes. There may even be physical differences so we'll know which ones to look for with our Reclaimers. The ones used by NPC's and players may only be component salvageable, where the procedural ones may be completed scooped up and torn apart, leaving a crater where there was once a wreck, and then something else will crash or spawn in that same location. 

Remember, they said that everything will have a reason for being in the verse. They don't want random items and ships just randomly popping into existence. So the idea of watching a ship burn up in atmosphere and crashing may be a possibility. As far as 3.0, I expect items and ships to pop out of nowhere.

I would love for the game to monitor when and where ships are destroyed and either leave that asset (with increasing weather and damage shaders over time) in place, or replacing it with procedural wreckage. Over time we'd see the growth of junk everywhere making it easier to gather raw materials and harder to score intact components (when you do, it'll be a minor jackpot). Good maps can then be made by explorers denoting where wrecks are and their status. The pilot of a salvage ship could then make scans and compare these to the known wrecks map and target the identified wreck sites that appeared on the scan but not on the map.

Fizzlefuse likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope to see/hear more about hazards in atmosphere and what can potentially cause you to crash. imagine your components failing, one after another while the engineers run franticly to keep up with the cascading effect. Perhaps a discharge of energy causes the electrical systems on your ship to stop functioning. You could have a fire on board that goes out of control.. and your crew hastily have to make their way to the escape pods. 

GeraldEvans and AstroJak like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps one of your engines goes out and you're in an extremely unstable ship that really had no place being in atmosphere in the first place...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2017 at 7:10 PM, GeraldEvans said:

Perhaps one of your engines goes out and you're in an extremely unstable ship that really had no place being in atmosphere in the first place...

I guess the Reclaimer would still be mostly fine with it's 4 separate main thrusters. She'd be a bit tougher to fly tho, especially if one of the large frontal thrusters gets knocked out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Mother Goose
      Hey guys!
       
      Many of you have seen it already, but for those of you who have not, check out this bad boy!
       

       
      https: //robertsspaceindustries.com/media/rq712bknvkiiur/source/VanduulHarvesterShip_12_4_WIP_jD_03 .jpg
                                                                                              |Read above here        |
       
      Rumor is it is a salvage ship. It supposedly harvests human and ship remains!
       
      If you click the picture it will bring up a larger version. If you check out the "humans" you'll notice they are Vanduul, with their weird little legs!