Aegis Reclaimer

bloodybarker

Don't think it will take than my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grand child to have the extremely basic of salvaging. Of course then haven't even finished it on the pre-lims.

Repairing is a lot easier to setup compared to salvaging.

Anyway, don't forget there is foundry 42 specifically working on Sq42, the only reason when have gotten ships is purely Sq42 (or were sq42).

Repair and salvage are pretty much two sides of the same coin, or at least they share a lot of different mechanics with laser cutting, attaching or detatching components and tractorbeams and such. I think when salvage finally does get implemented, repair will be not far off, or vice versa. It's anyone's guess right now when the mechanics will come into the game as they didn't put it in the planning for 3.6... but I hope we'll see it this year at least.

• 1 month later...

This caused a bit of a stir but CIG has cleared up that the reclaimer can still land on planets, you just need to pivot your VTOL thrusters down. Well... DUH.
As the new flightmodel removes PRE and SCM modes, you will nolonger be restricted to 50m/s while landing... so I think all's good.

Damn you David Colson, you almost gave me a heartattack 😛

5 hours ago, LowZone said:

Yep. All's good, until you damage a vital VTOL thruster on landing...

Indeed. I can imagine using a couple of Argo SRVs to assist in case of such a emergency. That or just get it repaired before you enter atmosphere 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 7:08 PM, GRIZZ said:

This dude repainted a Reclaimer and I love how its Imperium colors.  

That would actually be a paint job I'd get behind... it's better then that weird "Best in Show" skin.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Significant progress was then made on ship salvage, with an improved HUD being created for the Drake Vulture’s salvage mode. They also added additional aiming functionality tailored to the unique setup of the ship’s arms. The Reclaimer’s salvage turrets were also properly setup and can now scrape hulls.

Geoengineering

It's nice theyre putting in the hull stipping on the reclaimer, though i thought those turrets were for the tractorbeams.
Also.. the ship is still horribly broken, I hope they fix the elevators along with adding this new functionality.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:58 PM, Fizzlefuse said:

It's nice theyre putting in the hull stipping on the reclaimer, though i thought those turrets were for the tractorbeams.
Also.. the ship is still horribly broken, I hope they fix the elevators along with adding this new functionality.

Yeah, those 'turrets' were originally meant to be tractorbeams. Peculiar that CIG now turned them into hull strippers. Guess the Reclaimer won't be using tractor beams due to the claw? Or maybe someday it will get a new tractorbeam turret somewhere else on the hull perhaps. :)

Or, perhaps those turrets have like a double function where you can choose between tractorbeam or stripping. Kinda like how the Prospector can switch from mining or collecting. Guess we'll have to wait and see. :D

• 4 months later...