Aegis Reclaimer

bloodybarker

3 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

I was confused when they mentioned the drones come out of the top... as the drone rack in the drone room seems to be going down rather then up. Also it was now mentioned that the two rotating seats behind the cockpit are for operating the tractorbeams, which previously they said it would control the turrets on the side, which is more likely because they seem to be located on the opposite side of the hull.

Looks like CIG has defined cargo and scrap to two seperate holds within the ship.. which makes sense.

reclaimer-elevatorcontrols.jpg.d15e17f8713b8832d0f60c62a8303a43.jpg
If the system automatically stores processed salvage and you're simultaneously placing cargo in the same hold it might cause some issues.
I'm guessing initially processed salvage will just magically appear like cargo does right now in 3.0.

Yeah, I'm betting the salvage will be an automated process and just turns the ship into boxes of scrap whereas your regular cargohold is used for intact components that you want to scavenge from the wreck before you start scrapping it. 

Strip before Scrap. :)

19 hours ago, Donut said:

I don't think PTU will be a thing anymore. I'm probably 99% wrong however, I base this off of the fact that the last PTU lasted less than a week and we're able to get patches out a whole lot quicker than the old system. PTU is now an outdated form of testing and not needed. 

What makes you believe it's gone? It may have been replaced by the Vulture, but then again who knows?

I think PTU will be a thing, I think you mean "Open PTU"

Leaked PTU patch notes still not mentioning Reclaimer, at least not in 3.1c.

The lack of mentions of the manned cutter leads me to believe they will further the Aliens vibe and give us a Titian Armor with salvage hands on it.  The downside is if it enters and exits through the cargo hold and not a dedicated port, it could leave us vulnerable to intrusion.

tumblr_olzpi8gUJX1qmob6ro1_500.gif

4 hours ago, GRIZZ said:

I think PTU will be a thing, I think you mean "Open PTU"

Leaked PTU patch notes still not mentioning Reclaimer, at least not in 3.1c.

The lack of mentions of the manned cutter leads me to believe they will further the Aliens vibe and give us a Titian Armor with salvage hands on it.  The downside is if it enters and exits through the cargo hold and not a dedicated port, it could leave us vulnerable to intrusion.

tumblr_olzpi8gUJX1qmob6ro1_500.gif

I am also hoping that, if we do get the cutter, it will be a powerloader-esque machine. If that's the case it's likely it will be stored in the cargohold, taking some valuable cargo space. I was thinking of also getting a Tumbril Cyclone when it comes back on sale to be using alongside my reclaimer (that cyclone looks like it's a lot of fun to drive), I wonder how much space we'll still have available for cargo

17 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Yeah, I'm betting the salvage will be an automated process and just turns the ship into boxes of scrap whereas your regular cargohold is used for intact components that you want to scavenge from the wreck before you start scrapping it. 

Strip before Scrap. :)

I think defiantly the bulk materials will be automated through that shredding room. The real interesting thing that I hope happens is separating out "valuable scrap" from bulk metals.

My idea for doing this is the claw operator will be tearing apart pieces of debris and feeding the bulk to an input to that shredding room. Simultaneously the drones fly around grabbing what the claw operator is sorting in space and with more precision removing valuable components from scrap. I think this would increase the need for having a full crew and a feeling of skill being rewarded. As drone pilots can potentially recover components earning more profit then simply shredding everything in sight. I also love the idea of the claw operator having to avoid hurting the drones and doing a sort of orchestrated dance maximizing the ships time and profits.

Does anyone else like this idea or find it do able for CIG?

15 hours ago, Xuvin said:

I think defiantly the bulk materials will be automated through that shredding room. The real interesting thing that I hope happens is separating out "valuable scrap" from bulk metals.

My idea for doing this is the claw operator will be tearing apart pieces of debris and feeding the bulk to an input to that shredding room. Simultaneously the drones fly around grabbing what the claw operator is sorting in space and with more precision removing valuable components from scrap. I think this would increase the need for having a full crew and a feeling of skill being rewarded. As drone pilots can potentially recover components earning more profit then simply shredding everything in sight. I also love the idea of the claw operator having to avoid hurting the drones and doing a sort of orchestrated dance maximizing the ships time and profits.

Does anyone else like this idea or find it do able for CIG?

Actually i think that's exactly how CIG intends the system to work. I imagine detaching items like ship weapons and other attachments on the derelict will be the primary function of salvage drones as most of those items will be too large and difficult to detach by hand.

I do think/hope that you will need some people to go on board and check for smaller components to take off and scavenge any cargo or items before the entire wreck goes down the scrapper.

As I understand it there's the following positions on the Reclaimer

1 Pilot
1 Claw operator
2 Drone operators
1 Engineer

I think I would like to hire perhaps one or two more people so I can send out an away mission of max 3 people without leaving the Reclaimer horribly understaffed.

9 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

1 Pilot
1 Claw operator
2 Drone operators
1 Engineer

I think I would like to hire perhaps one or two more people so I can send out an away mission of max 3 people without leaving the Reclaimer horribly understaffed.

I could see having a few extra's as well. Its interesting that they say max players is 5 but the reclaimer is so large and has so many stations that I feel 5 is recommended more than it is the maximum.

4 beds + 1 captains quarters.  Who's the one who sleeps on the floor? Still, for a ship of that size and for the role it does ( a lot of different things at once), the max crew is very small. 

One thing, you missed the captain like in any ship, EG, Starfarer, Connie.

2 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

4 beds + 1 captains quarters.  Who's the one who sleeps on the floor? Still, for a ship of that size and for the role it does ( a lot of different things at once), the max crew is very small. 

Love that the captain gets his/hers own quarters which is a real nice touch. But yes it seems that industry maybe has more roles than players in which case the trade off and hectic nature of these ships should be awesome!

17 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Nope. i consider the pilot to be the captain really. At least, on my ship it will be and I think CIG set it up like that.. otherwise they miscalculated the crewsize... but anyone could be the captain really. Thats the beauty of this game, you're not fixed to one role.
Those two exra crewmen might just be NPCs.. but to be fair, I don't want anyone to sleep on the floor. have you seen the Reclaimer's floors? disgusting! I wish/hope we get to clean up stuff like that.

It always bothered me in the VFG Industrial hangar.. open electrical panels next to spilled liquids and broken monitors? Who wouldn't fix that stuff?
They showed a puddle on the floor in the reclaimer, likely somewhere in the kitchen or crew quarters. Seriously people, mop that up!

Actually i think that's exactly how CIG intends the system to work. I imagine detaching items like ship weapons and other attachments on the derelict will be the primary function of salvage drones as most of those items will be too large and difficult to detach by hand.

I do think/hope that you will need some people to go on board and check for smaller components to take off and scavenge any cargo or items before the entire wreck goes down the scrapper.
1 Pilot
1 Claw operator
2 Drone operators
1 Engineer

Who operates the tractor beam seats? 2 more crew positions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s actually a good point. I guess CIG intends to either restrict the use of both somehow or have the pilot take over on tractor beam duty once the ship is parked. Perhaps the drones will work automatically after orders have been given?

i dunno man. See, a crew of 5 is just not enough.

(edit): I don’t see any reason why we wouldn’t be able to hire more people. Sure, there’s not enough beds, but those are used to log out. I guess once you logged out the bed’s available again. Now, the available escape pods, that’s an issue...

On 3/19/2018 at 2:32 PM, Fizzlefuse said:

4 beds + 1 captains quarters.  Who's the one who sleeps on the floor?

Anybody who has served in the Military knows the  floor is the last resort, and if you were ever a tanker, don't sleep on the ground. Remember, there are comfortable chairs in the "cockpit".

On 3/20/2018 at 10:31 AM, Fizzlefuse said:

That’s actually a good point. I guess CIG intends to either restrict the use of both somehow or have the pilot take over on tractor beam duty once the ship is parked. Perhaps the drones will work automatically after orders have been given?

i dunno man. See, a crew of 5 is just not enough.

(edit): I don’t see any reason why we wouldn’t be able to hire more people. Sure, there’s not enough beds, but those are used to log out. I guess once you logged out the bed’s available again. Now, the available escape pods, that’s an issue...

I've got the video que'd up to the exact spot where he discusses the crew stations while salvaging. References the pilot, the claw operator, tractor beam operator's (It sounds like he's referencing it as a title and not as something that is plural, plus if you pause where they show the station there are two handles maybe for either tractor beam), then 2 drone operators, a couple of turret locations as well as scanner locations. So it sounds like they understand that you will need to be kinda trading off roles. And given that these other roles are in a separate location id bargen that 3 of your members are on the deck while doing salvage and those other 2 are trading off between drones, turrets and scanning on that separate deck.

4 hours ago, Gremlich said:

Anybody who has served in the Military knows the  floor is the last resort, and if you were ever a tanker, don't sleep on the ground. Remember, there are comfortable chairs in the "cockpit".

None of them would have is or have been a Dev in CIG :D. Also, you are forming incorrect assumption. Real life as well as in games view ships in the sea are the same as in space. These ships are large salvage ships, not a tanker. A tanker/transporting from A to B. A Salvage ship, is required to go in to deep space and seek out possible salvaging targets.

Btw a Starfarer is a Tanker and has crew for 9 people, unlike the Reclaimer which assuming has 5.   

Star Citizen Alpha 3.1.0h PTU.734796 Reclaimer is now in for testing!!!

Video walkthrough (facebook.com) https://www.facebook.com/norgeek/videos/10160264911895094/

Video - quicklook

"

Everyone should go check it out in Free Flight where they have unlimited time. Everything is well laid out and makes functional sense once you learn where it all is. The layout is not hard to remember once you've got it down, and the component access locations also make sense.

Then, once you've explored the interior thoroughly, you can EVA around the outside and see where all the hatches and panels are, including the drone hatch, cargo hatch at the far rear that opens into the salvage processing room, the cargo lift with all it's different access levels, etc. It's really cool. I won't be lost in the Reclaimer again and I really look forward to spending a lot of time in it. Oh, and the bridge is highly defensible against boarding.

" - Dracolique

emgxwzp7dgn01.png

S9V2vkv.jpg

Front Elevator

Another Video Walkthrough

twdwz06yven01.png

npISkG5.jpg

50q1dbohifn01.jpg

tjyytq3loen01.png

I was watching Noobifier's walkthrough and noticed that there were only 3 escape pods shown. Now he did miss the entire aft section of the ship but I'm wondering if anyone with PTU access has found the other 2 escape pods. Only 3 escape pods for a crew of 5 seems odd.

EDIT: Found them on my second viewing! They were off on the right side just after exiting the bridge. Phew! I was worried CIG might have forgotten to add enough escape pods at first. :P 

8 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

I was watching Noobifier's walkthrough and noticed that there were only 3 escape pods shown. Now he did miss the entire aft section of the ship but I'm wondering if anyone with PTU access has found the other 2 escape pods. Only 3 escape pods for a crew of 5 seems odd.

These 2 on the right just as you exit the cockpit area and along with the other 3 you are referring to in the crew area upstairs makes a total of 5.  have seen a few folks wander right past these in walkthroughs without paying much attention to them, I didnt watch noobifiers walkthrough maybe he did the same.

StarCitizen 2018-03-24 16-46-48-275.jpg