Aegis Reclaimer

bloodybarker

3 hours ago, AstroJak said:

So is everyone ready for the next round of price hikes on the Reclaimer as well as the turdpin... I mean terrapin?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

well, I already own a Reclaimer so I don't care really. Not looking to buy a Terapin either so I'm good. I do want a Tumbril Cyclone... looking forward for those to come back on sale. The Cyclone should be drivable in 3.1 as well.

well, I already own a Reclaimer so I don't care really. Not looking to buy a Terapin either so I'm good. I do want a Tumbril Cyclone... looking forward for those to come back on sale. The Cyclone should be drivable in 3.1 as well.
Thats great news but we now not only need to think about what CCUs we want to have from ship X to ship Y but also which ships will the new price coenside with, preventing use from obtaining those desired 0$ CCUs.
Eg if the terrapin goes up to $225 and you want to CCU to a Connie you will have to gwt that now.

9 hours ago, AstroJak said:

So is everyone ready for the next round of price hikes on the Reclaimer as well as the turdpin... I mean terrapin?

Reclaimer already had its first +$50 pricehike during the anniversary sale, and I suspect that it will go up another +$50 at flightready. So I expect the final price to be $450.

Remember when the 890 jump got a $300 bump long before its release?

I think reclaimer, carrack, bmm and hull C got a bump pre-hanger ready bump because they require so much work and/or grew past initial comcept size

Im expecting the reclaimer to finish at the $500 range.... We will see

3 hours ago, AstroJak said:

Remember when the 890 jump got a $300 bump long before its release?

I think reclaimer, carrack, bmm and hull C got a bump pre-hanger ready bump because they require so much work and/or grew past initial comcept size

Im expecting the reclaimer to finish at the $500 range.... We will see

The +$100 BMM pricehike was a nice bonus for me as I still had several $0 Redeemer>BMM CCUs which got me a nice $100 discount on the Hammerhead. :)

For the Carrack is was the other way around. When that one shot up to $400 I got a little concerned because I still needed a big cargo ship. Luckily for me I found an old $0 Carrack>Hull-D CCU in my hangar. So I 'lost' $50 of theoretical value by applying it but I just wanted to have a Hull-D anyway (especially after seeing the Hull-C presentation).:P 

13 minutes ago, SpectreSC said:

Wow, that is one pretty impressive piece of work. Reclaimer hits live in 3.1 correct? Looks like a neat addition. :D 

Yeah it's planned for 3.1 alongside the Anvil Terrapin, MISC Razor, and Tumbril Cyclone. But for me the main attraction is sure to be the Reclaimer and I can't wait to walk around on my new ship after all this time. :)

:D Someone sent me those images on Twitter. here's another angle:

YoS48ar.jpg

It's so impressive, especially when you see how small a character is next to it. :D

I wonder how she'll handle in flight. Im expecting it to fly like a space-garbage truck ˆ_ˆ
I do see that the cockpit sticks out more then the original concept... which makes it sort of look like a misshapen turtle but I guess it would give a better view of your surroundings.

There's only a little bit of clearance underneath the claw, it seems... though "little" is objective, as you are probably able to crouch under it;)
I guess this will make it trickier to find a good, flat landingspace on planets and moons... I have trouble right now parking my Freelancer :P

Looking forward to this month's Ship Shape, I hope we get some extra juicy information and perhaps even something on the "manned cutter" and where you'd store that thing.

Ohh.. dat Reclaimer.. so good...

so_good.png

I know I'm being nitpicky but AGAIn nothing about the "manned cutter". I don't know about you guys but I have the suspicion they either forgot about that bit in the original concept sale or canceled it altogether.

I think if it were still in, they would have said something.. anything about where you store it or how it's docked.
Unless it will be a very VERY small robotic suit thing like the powerloader from Aliens that you can store in your cargohold.

DATE: SEPTEMBER 26TH 2014 
Additionally, it includes a manned cutter which may be deployed for EVA/recovery operations. We intend the game’s salvage mechanic to include a ‘search and recovery’ function in which players will exit their spacecraft in suits and maneuvering units to explore wreckage. Pocket spacecraft like the cutter will carry tools and supplies and transport recovered artifacts back aboard ship.

A moment of silence for the loss of the manned cutter... :(

* 2014 - 2018 †

logo_gone_but_not_forgotten-1.png.bed5f9a4d5bc7bc5130d2f1232e672eb.png

I don't think PTU will be a thing anymore. I'm probably 99% wrong however, I base this off of the fact that the last PTU lasted less than a week and we're able to get patches out a whole lot quicker than the old system. PTU is now an outdated form of testing and not needed. 

1 hour ago, Danakar Endeel said:

A moment of silence for the loss of the manned cutter... :(

* 2014 - 2018 †

logo_gone_but_not_forgotten-1.png.bed5f9a4d5bc7bc5130d2f1232e672eb.png

What makes you believe it's gone? It may have been replaced by the Vulture, but then again who knows?

4 hours ago, Donut said:

I don't think PTU will be a thing anymore. I'm probably 99% wrong however, I base this off of the fact that the last PTU lasted less than a week and we're able to get patches out a whole lot quicker than the old system. PTU is now an outdated form of testing and not needed. 

What makes you believe it's gone? It may have been replaced by the Vulture, but then again who knows?

The Vulture is a Drake ship though (and I'm not using that filth :P ) while the manned cutter was supposed to be a 'pocket spacecraft' that was going to be an integral part of the Reclaimer. So far the devs have not said nor shown anything regarding this so I assume it's not going to be a feature on the Reclaimer as they would have definitely shown it off in a "look at this cool manned cutter that we made for the Reclaimer" way otherwise. :)

Ah well... Another day, another 'Subject to Change' card getting pulled by CIG I guess. :(

It was very pleasing to see and hear new info on the Reclaimer.  Now we know the drone room is up top, the reclaimed scrap is going into the cargo hold we have seen and not some invisible container elsewhere.  Now I'm wondering how scrap moves into the cargo hold...

Habitation Deck:  Kitchen & Messhall, Crew quarters, Captains Quarters (office & toilet)

Salvage Processing: grinder "processing room".

Engineering Deck:  Engine Room, "whole host of components", engineering consoles.

Salvage Hold: Salvage room (reclaimed salvage)

Tech Deck: Drone Bay (4 drones, 2 drone pilot seats, top center of ship), Gravity Generator.

This is the order described and likely listed bottom to top since they said Tech deck is the top.

List of floors seen on elevator options:

• Salvage Balcony
  • Habitation Deck
  • Salvage Processing
  • Salvage Hold
  • Cargo Hold
  • Exit to Surface

Cockpit Crew stations:  Pilot (front left), claw operator (front right), Tractor Beam Operators (next row back behind pilot and claw operator)

9 hours ago, Donut said:

PTU Access was promoted as a Subscriber/Concierge perk for 2018, I don't think it will go away anytime soon. They will still need a way to release each new version to the masses in waves to stress test the servers. The numbers involved in Evocati testing alone is not enough for this, hence PTU phase is very much essential IMO.

1 hour ago, LowZone said:

PTU Access was promoted as a Subscriber/Concierge perk for 2018, I don't think it will go away anytime soon. They will still need a way to release each new version to the masses in waves to stress test the servers. The numbers involved in Evocati testing alone is not enough for this, hence PTU phase is very much essential IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised to see PTU Access being reduced to a couple of days to a week at most. Personally I don't even bother with PTU as it feels more like an 'early access preorder bonus' already and I'm too lazy to download two individual copies of the game just to get in a little earlier. :P 

A fan made short video (with sound).

I'm pretty close to finally applying my Reclaimer CCU's.  Unfortunately the removal of purchasing $0 CCU's make it difficult to use my Redeemer-BMM CCU's effectively, I have no doubt this was intended.  So I save less money, but the Reclaimer is my #1 ship goal, so all my other ship goals get whats left.

11 hours ago, GRIZZ said:

It was very pleasing to see and hear new info on the Reclaimer.  Now we know the drone room is up top, the reclaimed scrap is going into the cargo hold we have seen and not some invisible container elsewhere.  Now I'm wondering how scrap moves into the cargo hold...

I was confused when they mentioned the drones come out of the top... as the drone rack in the drone room seems to be going down rather then up. Also it was now mentioned that the two rotating seats behind the cockpit are for operating the tractorbeams, which previously they said it would control the turrets on the side, which is more likely because they seem to be located on the opposite side of the hull.

Looks like CIG has defined cargo and scrap to two seperate holds within the ship.. which makes sense.

reclaimer-elevatorcontrols.jpg.d15e17f8713b8832d0f60c62a8303a43.jpg
If the system automatically stores processed salvage and you're simultaneously placing cargo in the same hold it might cause some issues.
I'm guessing initially processed salvage will just magically appear like cargo does right now in 3.0.