Aegis Reclaimer

bloodybarker

I love how you can watch stuff get broken down through the window in the grinder. Just imagine a bunch of pirate bodies being ground up, for example
You know bodies are going to be all sticky and will gum up the works.

Oh well, that's the intern's job to clean.

5 hours ago, Donut said:

I love how you can watch stuff get broken down through the window in the grinder. Just imagine a bunch of pirate bodies being ground up, for example

Eeeeuuuuw.

5 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

Yeah. I guess you'll need to hire an NPC to do that job.

15 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

Possibly. What else are we going to do with the left overs after we salvage all of their cybernetic implants and body parts? I suppose we could also feed it to the fish but maybe there are aliens who like human tartare too and sell it for profit 

2 hours ago, Donut said:

Possibly. What else are we going to do with the left overs after we salvage all of their cybernetic implants and body parts? I suppose we could also feed it to the fish but maybe there are aliens who like human tartare too and sell it for profit 

Ooooh.. Bio-salvage ;).
There's probably profit in there somewhere. In EVE there are people dealing in corpses, i don't see why this couldn't be a thing in SC;)
If not human tartarre, im sure the farmers could use fertilizer:D

I am really curious about those "wrap around screens" they were talking about and what those will look like with the new holographic render to texture tech. The reclaimer should be almost done by now.. and now that 3.0 has again been delayed I wonder if we'll see it in a 3.0 release afterall. In any case we should see it soon(tm)

7 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

Anyway there isn't salvage until 3.2 I think

We don't know what ships will be in what version now. And with the Delta launcher we could be seeing ships miles ahead of the mechanics that support them. I wholly believe we'll get the Reclaimer sooner than 3.2, and the way they can release patches, expect to start seeing the trickle effect happening. No longer will there be large, game changing updates except perhaps 3.0-4.0, Alpha to Beta etc. The salvage mechanic doesn't have to be there, if the ship is ready it's going in.

there definitely won't be the reclaimer at 3.0 least with the drones. The Delta patcher means it will only "send" out the valid files each patch it doesn't mean that we'll have large patches to download, but at least there. I never said the Reclaimer would be 3.2. It will be 3.1 or maybe 3.0.* late Sept or early Oct at the earliest.

Anyway, we have our time for waiting a little bit longer.

4 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

there definitely won't be the reclaimer at 3.0 least with the drones. The Delta patcher means it will only "send" out the valid files each patch it doesn't mean that we'll have large patches to download, but at least there. I never said the Reclaimer would be 3.2. It will be 3.1 or maybe 3.0.* late Sept or early Oct at the earliest.

Anyway, we have our time for waiting a little bit longer.

I know what the Delta patcher is and how it works. The point being is we could see many ships regardless of game mechanics, not excluding the Reclaimer. If it's ready for 3.0 it will be there. The only ship we know of that won't be in game despite being ready is the Idris, and they're saving that for the shock value in SQ42.

17 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Idris need more players than the game can support properly for now. They need to setup the true instances. There is still a lot of stuff to do after 3.0

Chris Roberts said the Idris won't come into the game untill it can at least support 2 Idrisses (idri?) at the same time. I think it will still take some time before we reach that point :( After 3.0 there's indeed a lot of stuff still coming since 3.0 is more of the foundation. I think we're at least a year away, if not more before we're seeing interstellar travel through jumppoints and all the mechanics that are still missing.

In the mean time, I'd be happy with just a couple of reclaimers flying about and landing on planets, even if salvage isnt in the game just yet. It will give us a sense of how she operates and feels. It gives them more data to do fine tuning as well. :)

3 minutes ago, Typicalmale said:

Looked at latest schedule for 3.1 and 3.2 and the Reclaimer is not even mentioned in ship release!  I'm seriously thinking the ship will be at least hangar ready for 3.0.  CIG is going to throw us a surprise at Gamescon!!!  

That has been a theory for a while now since it dissapeared from the scedule. Another is that they'll wait untill salvage is a thing. We'll have to see.

"The guy" states that  it would be finished  by Sept 8th on AtV a few weeks back, but the weapons are probably  still to be finished and an even bigger hanger to be kept in side. There is no position in the  visible patch because they aren't detailed and the ships which are put down in the list aren't even close EG red and blue cutlass among others.

In Theory I'm a male super model, in practice I'm certainly not. Theory is the effort of what bored men say. It is what it is.