Aegis Reclaimer

bloodybarker

24 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

It does bear some resemblance, with the alcoves to the side.
I still think a crew of just 5 people is tiny for a ship this big... I was thinking if you have one pilot, a co-pilot (if that is indeed 2 seats for the cockpit) and 2 tractorbeam operators.. that leaves one guy to the engineering. Wouldn't it make more sense to have another 2 or 3 people? does this mean the claw is now controlled from the cockpit? Hmm..

I'm sure you can cram in a few more people if you want but 5 people for an industrial salvage ship sounds reasonable.

• 1 pilot
  • 1 engineer
  • 1 gunner (for the big 2xS5 manned turret on top)
  • 1 tractor beam operator
  • 1 drone operator (?)

By comparison the USCSS Nostromo dimensions were 334m(L) x 215m(W) x 98m(H) and it only had a crew of 6 and a droid. :)

USCSS_Nostromo.jpg.855b5efd0288669fafb595034116bb97.jpg

5 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

I'm sure you can cram in a few more people if you want but 5 people for an industrial salvage ship sounds reasonable.

• 1 pilot
  • 1 engineer
  • 1 gunner (for the big 2xS5 manned turret on top)
  • 1 tractor beam operator
  • 1 drone operator (?)

By comparison the USCSS Nostromo dimensions were 334m(L) x 215m(W) x 98m(H) and it only had a crew of 6 and a droid. :)

USCSS_Nostromo.jpg.855b5efd0288669fafb595034116bb97.jpg

Im pretty sure I'd count the droid as a 7th crewmember. Sure, he was psychotic, but still:p
also, it seems the reclaimer has 2 tractorbeam seats. Also, who operates The Claw? I can also imagine you want a few people to go on board the dark, scary alien spacecraft and put his/her face into that mysterious egg. ;). You know... for science.

And, btw, the Nostromo wasn't a salvage ship, she was a freighter... and the craft in the image is the lander, not the Nostromo:D

1 minute ago, Fizzlefuse said:

Im pretty sure I'd count the droid as a 7th crewmember. Sure, he was psychotic, but still:p
also, it seems the reclaimer has 2 tractorbeam seats. Also, who operates The Claw? I can also imagine you want a few people to go on board the dark, scary alien spacecraft and put his/her face into that mysterious egg. ;)

Maybe the engineer can operate The Claw? He is the engineer after all so I'm guessing he'd know how to operate it when he's not fixing the ship or building makeshift flamethrowers and alien detectors. :P

10 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

I hope we will be able to spawn the Reclaimer in a hangar at some point. I remember they had some issues making the hangar big enough for te Starfarer and the Reclaimer is way bigger.

Hangar is a nice place to enjoy and admire your ship in a well lit area without fear of people messing with it.  I prefer to explore the starfarer this way.  I too hope for a private instance for the reclaimer.  I also hope they throw us a bone and drop a wrecked reclaimer in 3.0 to tide us over.

1 hour ago, Devil Khan said:

the drones have 2 seats in the bay 4 seats on the upper bridge. Don't know about the lower. and a commander

Looking through all the evidence we have so far and I don't see 2 seats in the drone bay. If you go around claiming things as fact, please show your proof. That said, it totally makes sense to have 4 drone seats if you have 4 active drones. Unless CIG only allows us to control two drones and the others operate independently.
And yeah of course there is a commander... which is the captain of the ship.

and he gets his own quarters.
which i totally dig;)

Now, if you excuse me, I'll be in my captain's quarters. Playing galaga.

1 hour ago, GRIZZ said:

I also hope they throw us a bone and drop a wrecked reclaimer in 3.0 to tide us over.

Oh gods, that would be so evil/awesome.

1 hour ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Maybe the engineer can operate The Claw? He is the engineer after all so I'm guessing he'd know how to operate it when he's not fixing the ship or building makeshift flamethrowers and alien detectors. :P

True, fair point.

*note to self: make flamethrowers standard issue equipment

Edited by Fizzlefuse

23 minutes ago, GeraldEvans said:

FWIW, they're not really drones if they have to be controlled. At that point they're remotely operated cutters.

Yeah, that's true. Although drones these days are remote controlled.. so.. I dunno. controling a drone would be cool tho, and it does fall in line with Chris' vision of not automating things.

Also, a minimum of 9

2 Pilots

1 Captain

2 tracker operators

1 "tech" (lower bridge) unknown job title

1 (at least) Drone operator

1 Claw operator

1 Gunner

but leave it until the release date really.

Large ships are pretty useless, Great to play however nothing to do with atm as no NPCs still 3.0 comes "Friends".  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for 3.0 when we will be seeing the NPCs, can't wait to see the ones we have in action if the fuel arms are added to the starfarers

Oh definitely there's not much to do for big ships and their crew. We won't see that untill they start adding things like the new fuel system, salvage systems, multicrew mining and all that.
But man, just look at that Reclaimer. so nice. They talked about screens that fold around the operator.. which I don't see in any of the released footage, so perhaps that's what is going on in the cockpit. I really want to see what that's like.

God damit multi crew mining >_<. They haven't done anything past fleshing the concepts for the Orion out. Also, the Carrick is still in limbo, it was supposed to be finished or close to. most likely 2018. The prospector, just look meh really. I love the "thingy" they gave it. The Orion is the strategic nuclear missile, while the prospector is the conventional tactical missile. Aside from the ability to land and mine, it isn't really a great ship. Sure It is great if you want to just solo or just scout locations for big daddy to come. Heh.

Anyway, so far I am pretty excited with the Reclaimer, the rooms don't look crampted and beside the "gfx" rather than the actual problem the only minor issue is the grinder

Monthly Report

Fans of the Reclaimer will be pleased to hear that there are only 3 rooms left to go through final art. Over the past month, the team wrapped up final art on the cargo room and the main lift with the goal of maximizing the space to allow for easier transportation of cargo. For the cockpit, the team implemented retractable screens which fold around the player when seated to make the confined area more functional. The team continued work on the bridge area and bridge lift, which provides access to the lower deck, and were thrilled to see the tractor beam seats transition from concept to final art.

Captain should have big quarters, but the crew will be shoved all into a single cramped room :). Like the Starfarer the captains quarters should be roomy-er, but hopefully not as sterile or depressing, why else do you think he needs a comfort blanket(with star ships) on Gemini. 

Anyway just have to wait until we get our hands on it either PTU or PU

4 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Captain should have big quarters, but the crew will be shoved all into a single cramped room :). Like the Starfarer the captains quarters should be roomy-er, but hopefully not as sterile or depressing, why else do you think he needs a comfort blanket(with star ships) on Gemini. 

Anyway just have to wait until we get our hands on it either PTU or PU

Well, going with the overall look and feel of the Reclaimer, nothing is sterile;)
It's dirty and I hope we can get a Reclaimer that doesn't roll out of the AEGIS factory looking like it's been in use for 20 years:p

I don't think the Captain's quarters will be extravagant, it's still a salvage ship afterall. It should be roomy though, or at least more so then the crew quarters;)

13 hours ago, VoA said:

Monthly Report

Fans of the Reclaimer will be pleased to hear that there are only 3 rooms left to go through final art. Over the past month, the team wrapped up final art on the cargo room and the main lift with the goal of maximizing the space to allow for easier transportation of cargo. For the cockpit, the team implemented retractable screens which fold around the player when seated to make the confined area more functional. The team continued work on the bridge area and bridge lift, which provides access to the lower deck, and were thrilled to see the tractor beam seats transition from concept to final art.

Awesome. just awesome. i can't wait. I hope the screens that wrap around to hinder any of the view.. because when they showed their updates on gasclouds and such in space my jaw hit the floor.

Well I meant size, not really extravagant. However I was using the Starfarer because of the bleak sterile or barren look it has on some of the top level. That is not a bad thing, it is a commercial ship. However, the caterpillar doesn't have and captains quarters.

However, the caterpillar isn't the same type of ship as the Starfarer and Reclaimer both are. EG high end Commercial type.

Quick question... it is really not specific to the reclaimer, but it does have external lights. Are the lights moveable, can do do it by AI? Like spotlights or search lights. Also the CCTV moves around automatically(just the actual system, but not camera in it)? 

3 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Well I meant size, not really extravagant.

I know ;) never said you did.

However I was using the Starfarer because of the bleak sterile or barren look it has on some of the top level. That is not a bad thing, it is a commercial ship. However, the caterpillar doesn't have and captains quarters.

However, the caterpillar isn't the same type of ship as the Starfarer and Reclaimer both are. EG high end Commercial type.

Quick question... it is really not specific to the reclaimer, but it does have external lights. Are the lights moveable, can do do it by AI? Like spotlights or search lights. Also the CCTV moves around automatically(just the actual system, but not camera in it)?

Not sure what you mean with a moving CCTV, but I share your curiosity for the lighting system and if we can move the floodlights around. because that would be nice

what I meant was some of the CCTVs using automation. Instead of old spotlight as this is usually manually operated and you shouldn't pay attention to the CCTV but the motors moving them around. but you got the gest of it anyway

On 08/07/2017 at 1:51 PM, Devil Khan said:

God damit multi crew mining >_<. They haven't done anything past fleshing the concepts for the Orion out. Also, the Carrick is still in limbo, it was supposed to be finished or close to. most likely 2018. The prospector, just look meh really. I love the "thingy" they gave it. The Orion is the strategic nuclear missile, while the prospector is the conventional tactical missile. Aside from the ability to land and mine, it isn't really a great ship. Sure It is great if you want to just solo or just scout locations for big daddy to come. Heh.

Anyway, so far I am pretty excited with the Reclaimer, the rooms don't look crampted and beside the "gfx" rather than the actual problem the only minor issue is the grinder

It makes sense they first flesh out mining with a small vessel and work their way up from that. This is why I was surprised we'd see the Reclaimer so soon, I was expecting a smaller salvage ship.

The Carrack, or any other exploration ship, don't really make much sense untill they have more space to explore. With the new SolEd/PlanEd tools creating solarsystems will get faster and faster. Once 4.0 opens us up to a second solar system I think we'll see more of exploration.

No it's the carrack had been slated in the first batch of 3 large ships, but got pushed back way back. Honestly it is a waiting game really.

The carrack has been replaced by its bastard brother connie + varients when they had to be reworked/redesigned again. They took the jugdement call with the Aquila.