Aegis Reclaimer

bloodybarker

Ive seen the Claw cockpit before on the concept art but i haven't been able to spot it on the model in any of the new reveals. That cockpit makes sense tho, I doubt you'd be able to effectively operate the Claw from the cockpit.

34 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

11 months old, still a good vid even if he missed the 2x dual rear turret/PDS.

That was the point. There has never been very much info about the Reclaimer, not even an official QA. Until then all we can do is speculate on concept art, the wiki, and teasers that have been shown 

Just had some awesome ideas pop up in my head in the game day thread. Who is up for some Reclaimer games! Jousting, Demo Derby with claw use only, massive attacks with like 10 reclaimers all attacking a single ship we catch unaware and see who can salvage the most (maybe an extra point or two per crewmember as well)? Could be fun....

3 hours ago, Th3 Warm0ng3r said:

Just had some awesome ideas pop up in my head in the game day thread. Who is up for some Reclaimer games! Jousting, Demo Derby with claw use only, massive attacks with like 10 reclaimers all attacking a single ship we catch unaware and see who can salvage the most (maybe an extra point or two per crewmember as well)? Could be fun....

Actually @GeraldEvans and myself were sharing the same idea via twitter. Also, i wonder if you use 2 or more Reclaimers, could you pull a ship apart?
Ain't no party like a Claw party!

8 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

Actually @GeraldEvans and myself were sharing the same idea via twitter. Also, i wonder if you use 2 or more Reclaimers, could you pull a ship apart?
Ain't no party like a Claw party!

I was hoping so. I see it as some Connie that is just hanging out in space, either in the back doing something or afk and then a bunch of us show up. Someone says go and we start ripping it to shreds fighting over pieces Hungry Hungry Hippo style. That also has me thinking, if you get the claw on one of the Connie's engines for instance and it tries to take off, would it go anywhere do you think? Or just rip off its own engine, I am sure those are worth a pretty penny if in tact.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming along nicely, I'd give it a month before fully testing everything. I love the drone room though, it those seem to be a lot bigger drones with the comparison size.

I like the way the reworked the engine room from the Idris, by replacing the central "ball" with yellow-ish hue from the hexagonal shaped. 

I'd be very happy IF they were released for 3.0, but I'm picking 3.1 really. Hope I'm wrong though.

GE you dont remember the drones from the original concept doc because that doc was released when you where still in high school!!! It was that long ago old man...hehe

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Lol. No I remember the drones from before (early 2015 I think), I don't remember seeing them in this video. Just a bit of the room. Time stamps or gfycats, anyone?

I see, no drones where shown. I believe while they showed the room there was some comment to the affect that the drones where still to be developed.
If i was at my computer id find the time stamp...

I would assume there is 4 usable drones, It has going 4 docking stations.
Warning theory craft: it looks like a lift for the drone which would pick up and bring it out and down for it to be launched.

I agree with your theory craft and would add this room and launch elevator should also have a repair facility and storage for backup drones

It appears that they deploy out the bottom and return through the bottom. That would be the first one to come back is the last one to come out. If the last one back is damaged how do you hold out back and effect repairs without holding them all back?

I think what Devil is saying is that all drones utilize the same launch elevator but are housed separately, thereby resolving your scenario and allowing any combination of launch sequences.