30 million already....

novastorm

I really hope people don't neglect information runner. We really don't need any more 'exploration' ships anymore. Even in the description the salvage ship is made for deep space exploration and recovery of goods off derelict ships.

The first to votes won by a landslide, this one is to close to call atm. With 6200 votes Exploration, Smuggling and Information Running are level. I hope its not another explorer, I wouldnt mind seeing either of the other two.

Let’s make sure no one ever forgets that when publishers wouldn’t spend a cent on AAA PC games, real gamers went above and way, way beyond to make Star Citizen happen.

— Chris Roberts

Best quote ever.  Also am I a bad man for voting for a pirate ship?!

I wonder how much the 30 mil are worth compared to traditional publisher money, CR said somewhere they can keep 3x to 4x more money to make the game compared to publisher model.

Voted for smuggler ship 3 times, i hope we get a nice stealthy ship to move stuff around. Something like a Caterpillar "Ghost" 

A presentation once showed that they can put 4x the money into development. I don't think that $30million equal $120m, but seeing a AAA game costs something between 100-200 million with a lot of marketing costs, it is possible that a publisher would need to pay 60million.

Also because this game has a large single and multi-player part.

Currently the vote is split between Information Runner, Exploration and Smuggling. I'm in favour of a information runner, imo, you will need more than just a fast ship, seeing they have special equipment for every role in the game.

Though three votes are left, so we can get all of them, no matter what will win this vote. (Unless people change their mind)

btw *merged topics*