Origin 890 JUMP

Ukhtral

• 1 month later...

I see this as totally obvious... and wonder if others will agree = It is very likely that we'll see the 890 Jump grow from 123m to 143m since the Origin 600i is now 91.5 m.....

Even though it would be approaching the size of the Polaris - it isn't as massive (bulk) even if its length approaches the Polaris which is at 155m.   I think the cost of the 890 Jump also supports the potential size increase..... :wub:

What do you think?

8B07FAB7-67A4-43C6-900B-936986FD378F.png

7 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

No 600i was 91m it was a written error of 61m. We were told this within a week. The 890 will never get a class increase as the classes are purely military

I am aware that Teller's vid pointed out that the 600i had to increase from 61m to 91m (and its been that way for some time now) - but look at the size comparison to the 890 Jump (which I think should be significantly bigger than a 600i based on price and function).   It doesn't have to get a "class" increase (it doesn't have to become a Corvette)...... just like the Banu MM at 160m (is a Large ship) is actually bigger than the Polaris (and there are other ships like the Hull D and E, the Endeavor, etc.... that are all bigger than the Polaris - and while these civilian ships are also considered Capital Ships it doesn't make them a Corvette).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm with you on that one, @buzby x, even back when they originally detailed the differences between the Andromeda and the Phoenix and later revised half of what would have made the Phoenix the much more interesting ship. The problem is that they would have to REALLY make the transportation of VIPs a profitable job, but even then you would have to find that jobs quite fast, given the numbers of luxury liners that will fly around in the 'verse.

11 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I'm with you on that one, @buzby x, even back when they originally detailed the differences between the Andromeda and the Phoenix and later revised half of what would have made the Phoenix the much more interesting ship. The problem is that they would have to REALLY make the transportation of VIPs a profitable job, but even then you would have to find that jobs quite fast, given the numbers of luxury liners that will fly around in the 'verse.

yeah, there are going to be thousands of 890 owners looking to lug round tens of thousands of wealthy NPCs in what seem to be flying hotels at this point...I don't know...I'm not feeling it anymore, unless the NPCs will be providing very valuable trade information through conversation, or at least looking really great in the swimming pool...meh...

I've been working on the principle for a while now, that I'll probably end up just renting out my 890J in the PU. Its a unique and interesting ship, but the playstyle probably isn't really my thing so much.

Its certainly grown into a bit of a monster in size.