Banu Merchantman

WinterDragon

44 minutes ago, Dragon-Knight said:

It's getting bigger every day. I ended up getting a Freelancer as well for those possible smaller jobs.

I have a Freelancer too, I'm considering melting it and the Super Hornet to pay for the BMM. I'm wondering how different the profit margins could be...

16 minutes ago, Aethernaut said:

I have a Freelancer too, I'm considering melting it and the Super Hornet to pay for the BMM. I'm wondering how different the profit margins could be...

I recommend you still have a basic runner too, as you may end up changing your mind during release.

I still have an Aurora LN as my backup.

On 12/3/2017 at 5:35 PM, Jazzy said:

It looks like the BMM may end up being the ship with the largest cargo capacity that can still land on planets or stations, looking forward to this monstrosity

I had the same thought. Those VTOL engines could be the deal breaker and grant extra profit from selling cargo planetside. B)

10 hours ago, Speedy1 said:

Im actually thinking about selling my Banu MM because its getting bigger.. Only catch is... When I bought it it was 250, now its 350..

Thinking about switching it for a Constellation Aquila...

If this is the case and you're looking for a more manageable ship, you should consider the crew sizes. For the moment they are listed as: 

Banu 4 / 8 (min / max)

Constellations 3 / 4

So it may be assumed (with a lot of caveats because none of these systems are in game, or what these people do) that it would cost as much to fully crew a Connie as it would just to get a Merchantman running.

An Aquila is really four at a minimum. Pilot, turret gunner, science officer, Merlin pilot. If you want to optimize it you're at six with a co-pilot and engineer. Six also gives you a turret operator and pilot for ground ops plus Merlin pilot, Ursa driver, gunner, and away team member.

The only problem I got with melting my Banu is... I got it for 250$, and now its worth 350$

Was thinking maybe i can switch it for a Carrack ? Its more like, I want to do exploration, and was thinking Carrack/Aquila + a cutlass black as my fleet.

32 minutes ago, Speedy1 said:

The only problem I got with melting my Banu is... I got it for 250$, and now its worth 350$

Was thinking maybe i can switch it for a Carrack ? Its more like, I want to do exploration, and was thinking Carrack/Aquila + a cutlass black as my fleet.

Selling a $250 BMM (I assume with LTI) to buy an Aquila or Carrack seems absolutely crazy to me. The Aquila would be a huge downgrade and cost $25 more. The Carrack is more of a lateral move, but if you don't sell the BMM for $350+ you'll be spending $100 more for the Carrack.

I believe the substitute ship for the BMM will be the Hull C, because it will have the most cargo capacity of the flyable mercantile transports in Alpha 3.x. You could use the Hull C to run cargo during the Alpha and probably earn enough UECs to buy an Aquila/Carrack. Whereas it would probably take a lot longer to earn enough UECs to buy a BMM using the Aquila/Carrack.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:20 PM, Reavern said:

Selling a $250 BMM (I assume with LTI) to buy an Aquila or Carrack seems absolutely crazy to me. The Aquila would be a huge downgrade and cost $25 more. The Carrack is more of a lateral move, but if you don't sell the BMM for $350+ you'll be spending $100 more for the Carrack.

I believe the substitute ship for the BMM will be the Hull C, because it will have the most cargo capacity of the flyable mercantile transports in Alpha 3.x. You could use the Hull C to run cargo during the Alpha and probably earn enough UECs to buy an Aquila/Carrack. Whereas it would probably take a lot longer to earn enough UECs to buy a BMM using the Aquila/Carrack.

Agreed. I melted my Constellation, bought a Krueger with LTI, then upgraded it to the Banu MM several years ago. Saw BB now costs $350. No chance in hell I'd sell it now. I just hope AI crew will be decent if I can't find any imperium to help me do some trading missions. 

I just want more Banu art. CIG's been teasing that **** for years now. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3534252

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Some BMM News is very welcome.  

He briefly reaffirms it has accommodations (bedrooms) for trade deals that go on for a while, still has those "big honking guns", it's not fast due to its very large size (despite being advertised as a blockade runner).

And what I found most interesting is it will have some unannounced features that the Banu Defender and the BMM "interplay" built in.

39 minutes ago, GRIZZ said:

Some BMM News is very welcome.  

He briefly reaffirms it has accommodations for trade deals that go on for a while, still has those "big honking guns", it's not fast due to its very large size (despite being advertised as a blockade runner).

And what I found most interesting is it will have some unannounced features that the Banu Defender and the BMM "interplay" built in.

Except you also forgot to post your interplay comment on the Banu Defender thread ;)

Looking forward to using both of these together in game :)

2 minutes ago, VoA said:

Except you also forgot to post your interplay comment on the Banu Defender thread ;)

Looking forward to using both of these together in game :)

I was too buisy looking at my lack of Banu Defender CCU's, I shame myself.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2016 at 1:29 AM, Boildown said:

If the Merchantman stays anywhere near $250 after its put in the PU, it'll be a steal, the clear cargo-carrying winner, IMO.  I figure it'll go up in price to $350 or more just based on all the stuff they said it was going to do, and how much more that is than other ships in the same price range.  Hopefully anyone remotely interested in the Merchantman got a $0 Redeemer to BMM CCU.  Since the Redeemer is always for sale, this would allow you to get a $250 BMM any time you want.

Remember this?  I have a bunch of Warden to Merchantman and Redeemer to Merchantman CCUs from back when they were $0 sitting in my account.  The problem is that neither the Warden nor the Redeemer are permanently on sale any more.  Just hoping they remain $250 this Anniversary sale, because I used up my Warden to save $100 on a Valkyrie.  Then the next question is whether I need 1 or 2 of them.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...