Welcome to Star Citizen Base

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

WinterDragon

Banu Merchantman

540 posts in this topic

Where do you see that we will have access to it? Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Very cool. I wonder what kind of stats it will have...

Commlink says that those ships are passed sometimes from generation to generation and that they "are prized beyond all other transports".

That sale will not do anything good to my wallet...

Dezmodian and King Mohawk like this

That sale will not do anything good to my wallet...

Agreed.  When I read that my first thought was: whoa!  coo....ahhh damn it! <checks wallet>

I can't wait to get some info on it.  I wonder if anything Xi'an will also be available by then as well.

And just when you think you're out... they pull you back in!

Zeltchoron likes this

If you know of a source with some info please share here. I would also like to know about this new ship.  

All we have until now is the letter from the chairman: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13368-Letter-From-The-Chairman-27-Million

Any subscribers here? Maybe the Vault contains more.

I am prepared to live on the street until the release of the game XD I will have something bigger than a "HOME" to live in. More like "Command" in. IN-Game!!!!!!! Hopefully :)

I'm wondering how large the Banu Merchantman will be. Because based on the description, it seems like it could be a LARGE ship. I think it will be at least be the size of a Starfarer, and possibly exceed an Idris Corvette. Even if it's only the size of a Starfarer, I think it will carry more cargo, probably over 100 tons. And because it's an alien ship, it will probably cost significantly more than a Starfarer, even if they're the same size and have similar cargo capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if the Merchantman ship is $300 to over $1000. I think it makes sense for CIG to spring a big expensive alien ship on us right before the LTI deadline. :D Trade and hauling may not be my primary interest, but I like the sound of the Banu Merchantman, and am considering buying it, IF it's reasonably priced. But if it's over $300, I'll pass, because it doesn't make sense for me to spend that kind of money on a heavy freighter I'll probably rarely use. I suppose I'm excited to learn more about the a Merchantman, and I'm eager to reach for my wallet. Once I learn more about the ship, I'll probably realize it's not for me and/or too expensive, and I'll pass. Regardless, I hope it's a great freighter for the players who decide to buy it. :)

after this:

Banu Merchantman Unlocked – Banu traders are renowed for their merchant prowess, traveling the spacelanes and trading with everyone from humans to the Vanduul! Their sturdy, dedicated trading ships are prized beyond all other transports, sometimes passing from generation to generation of Banu,

i think ita gonna be overpriced

zerkerz and Genesis like this

i cant wait to see this released. plus with the other ships and such. hopefully i can move all of our goods and materials better with this ship. i missed the starfarer back in the day. luckily i still have a connie and tali plus a few small ships.  

I'm certain that the Banu Merchantman ship will be far superior to a Starfarer. B) And it'll be a far greater acquisition for any self-respecting merchant. :D The question is how much better, and bigger, will the Banu Merchantman ship be compared to the Starfarer? I guesstimate that the Banu Merchantman will be 100 meters long, have a mass of 150 tons, and a cargo capacity of 125 tons. No idea about the armaments because it's an alien freighter. But I predict it will be faster and have greater range than the Starfarer, despite it being larger and heavier. Consequently, the Merchantman will undoubtedly cost more than the Starfarer. I predict it will cost $300. Of course, that's all pure speculation and hope. :D

We will hopefully know some of those details by the weekend. I dont expect to really be a merchant and trade to much but I do want to be able to do a little of everything. I know I can with the Connie but if the Banu is as unique as the other alien ships then having one as my go to trading ship will definitely be at the top of my list.

I look at my various ships, and I know that I'll really only use a small subset of them.

TBH, having an Idris, I wonder why I would want to use a starfarer.

Since the Idris cargo capacity is rather large, it already exceeds a starfarer.

And it has a lot of turrets for pirate protection.

Even if the defenses are manned by NPCs, it's still a lot of pew pew compared to a starfarer.

Unless the Banu has more appealing cargo+defenses stats, I think the Idris is still the safer merchant.

-scheherazade

I wonder how difficult it will be to obtain these ships in game.  Is it just a matter of amassing the appropriate number of credits or will there be a faction/reputation requirement?  ... just thinking out loud.

I like that it looks sleek and alien, however dont see much use for it myself. It could be very useful for dropping in a bunch of ground forces onto a capital or something.

Nice ship, but just fr the looks. The stats are awful for that price imo.

Stats are listed as preliminary and I would expect / hope they get balanced...  It does look nice..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TheDavyJones
      Hi, as per the title, I am intending to part with my Most Favorite ship the Merchantman,

I have 2 so I dont want to keep both, just need one.

it is CCU'd FROM MPUV Cargo LTI

Price will be $240 ( Paypal fee is on Buyer's )

I am Star Citizen Verified and Paypal Verified too and both my Star Citizen email & Paypal are the same, hopefully Buyer's too.

Buyer has to be verified on both too.

Image attached.

• By AstroJak

Standalone Ships                     
      ORIGINAL CONCEPT SHIPS*   (*) Concept ship with LTI unless stated otherwise.          Anniversary Sale Ships
        $45 - LTI MPUV Cargo                                                                   $75 - Hull A - 4 yr
        $45 - LTI YellowJacket                                                                   $100 - Avenger - Warlock - 4 yr
        $50 - LTI MPUV Personnel                                                              $105 - Hull B  - 4 yr
        $60 - LTI 85X                                                                               $170 - Cutlass Blue - 4 yr
        $135 - LTI Buccaneer                                                                    $375 - Orion - 4 yr
        $150 - LTI Razor                                                                          $400 - Hull D  - 4 yr
       $165 - LTI Prospector                                                                   $415 - 3 yr Conni Phoenix                 
        $190 - LTI Hurricane                                                                    $415 - 4 yr Conni Phoenix
        $210 - LTI Terrapin                 
        $225 - LTI Hull C 
        $245 - LTI Vanguard Hoplite  
        $500 - LTI Prowler
        $825 - LTI Polaris (non-warbond)

All ships listed below are CCU'd unless otherwise noted and all have LTI.
      Standard CCU'd Ships with LTI                                                Rare CCU'd Ships with LTI                          
      $105 - LTI Gladius                                                                         $190 - LTI Super Hornet
      $115 - LTI Cutlass Black                                                              
      $125 - LTI Hornet                                                                         $275 - LTI Vanduul Blade
      $125 - LTI Freelancer                                                                    $295 - LTI Merchantman
      $135 - LTI Cutlass Red                                                                  $295 - LTI Retaliator Bomber
      $140 - LTI Ghost (Hornet)        
      $140 - LTI Freelancer DUR
      $155 - LTI Tracker (Hornet)
      $155 - LTI Freelancer MAX
      $165 - LTI Taurus (Conni)
      $240 - LTI Andromeda (Conni)
      $265 - LTI Redeemer
      $300 - LTI Aquila (Conni)
      (*) Concept ship with LTI unless stated otherwise.

SPECIAL OFFERINGS
      3 - War Bond Polaris - $700.00 ea                                                                               

• By D0lph1N
      Hello, Citizens! And welcome to 🐬 D0lph1N's Mini Mart 🐬  !
      Terms & Conditions
      Buyer must be PayPal verified. Please leave a comment before PMing!  Then send me PM containing ship name, your PayPal email and currency of invoice (USD or EUR).  Ship will be sent as a gift to the payer's PayPal email. If you're buying it to gift someone else, simply forward the letter to his email.  Claimed gift (after purchase) will be bounded to your account. Due to CIG gifting limitations I do not issue refunds once delivery has been successfully completed.  All prices include PayPal fees.  RSI Credits accepted at 75% rate for full or partial payment.  My timezone is GMT+3, so it could take a while before I'll reply.   
      💰 Special Offers
      N/A

🚀 Standalone LTI ships:
      Bold-marked ships currently are not available in RSI store, but you still can buy it here.
      Ship Manufacturer Insurance Type Price, USD Price, EUR Available? Polaris RSI LTI Original     Yes Prowler Esperia LTI Original     Yes Genesis Crusader Industries LTI CCU'd     Yes Constellation Phoenix RSI 4YI Original     Yes Carrack Anvil LTI CCU'd     Yes Crucible Anvil LTI CCU'd     Yes Reclaimer Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Hull-D MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Endeavor MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Blade Esperia LTI CCU'd     Yes Starfarer Gemini MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Caterpillar Drake LTI CCU'd     Yes Vanguard Harbinger Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Retaliator Bomber Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Constellation Aquila RSI LTI CCU'd     Yes Vanguard Sentinel Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Vanguard Warden Aegis 3YI Original     Yes Vanguard Warden Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Redeemer Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Merchantman Banu LTI CCU'd     Yes Constellation Andromeda RSI LTI CCU'd     Yes Hull-C MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Terrapin Anvil LTI Original     Yes Terrapin Anvil LTI CCU'd     Yes Sabre Comet Aegis LTI Original     Yes Sabre Comet Aeis LTI CCU'd     Yes F7C Hornet Wildfire Anvil LTI Original     Yes F7C Hornet Wildfire Anvil LTI CCU'd     Yes Sabre Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Khartu-Al Xi'An LTI CCU'd     Yes F7C-M Super Hornet Anvil LTI CCU'd     Yes Gladiator Anvil LTI CCU'd     Yes Freelancer MIS MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Retaliator Base Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Cutlass Blue Drake LTI CCU'd     Yes Constellation Taurus RSI LTI CCU'd     Yes Freelancer MAX MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Prospector MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes F7C-R Hornet Tracker Anvil LTI CCU'd     Yes 350R Origin LTI CCU'd     Yes F7C-S Hornet Ghost Anvil LTI CCU'd     Yes Freelancer Dur MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Buccaneer Drake LTI Original     Yes Buccaneer Drake LTI CCU'd     Yes Cutlass Red Drake LTI CCU'd     Yes Gladius Valiant Anvil LTI CCU'd     Yes F7C Hornet Anvil LTI CCU'd     Yes Freelancer MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes M50 Origin LTI CCU'd     Yes Cutlass Black Drake LTI CCU'd     Yes Hull B MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Gladius Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Herald Drake LTI CCU'd     Yes Reliant News Van MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Avenger Titan Renegade Aegis LTI Original     Yes Avenger Titan Renegade Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Avenger Warlock Aegis LTI CCU'd     Yes Reliant Sen (Researcher) MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Reliant Kore MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Reliant Skirmisher MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes Hull A MISC LTI CCU'd     Yes
       🎁 Game packages (Star Citizen + Squadron 42):
      Package Insurance Price, USD Price, EUR Available? Package - 300i 4m     Yes Package - 315p 4m     Yes Package - Avenger 6m     Yes Package - 325a 4m     Yes Package - Freelancer 6m     Yes Package - Constellation Taurus - Digital 6m     Yes Package - UEE Exploration Pack - LTI (Carrack, Terrapin, Dragonfly, SC, SQ42, VFG Industrial) LTI     Yes  
      🛠 Add-ons, BUKs, hangar decorations & other stuff
      Item Insurance Price, USD Price, EUR Available? ADD-ONS - URSA ROVER       Yes ADD-ONS - GROUND VEHICLE PACK       Yes ADD-ONS - RETALIATOR CARGO REAR MODULE 3YI     Yes ADD-ONS - RETALIATOR LIVING FRONT MODULE 3YI     Yes SUBSCRIBERS EXCLUSIVE - STELLARSONIC JUKEBOX       Yes SUBSCRIBERS EXCLUSIVE - MR. REFINEMENT’S CABINET OF RARE & EXQUISITE SPIRITS       Yes ADD-ONS - GAMESCOM 2946 TROPHY       Yes ADD-ONS - GAMESCOM 2946 SUBSCRIBER TROPHY       Yes ADD-ONS - CITIZENCON 2946 TROPHY SUBSCRIBER EDITION       Yes ADD-ONS - CITIZENCON 2946 TROPHY       Yes  
      🔧 Ship upgrades:
      Target ship Base ship Price, USD Price, EUR Carrack Starfarer Gemini     Carrack Starfarer     Freelancer MIS Taurus     Gladiator Taurus     Khartu-Al Freelancer MAX     Origin M50 Gladius     Retaliator Bomber Redeemer     Retaliator Bomber Vanguard Sentinel     Sabre Super Hornet     Sabre Gladiator     Sabre Taurus     Super Hornet Taurus     Terrapin Khartu-Al     Terrapin Taurus     Vanguard Warden Caterpillar     Vanguard Warden Constellation Andromeda