A choice between Retaliator and Connie

ArtoriaPendragon

CGI got much better at designing ships as they progressed.  If you've been in a battleship or submarine, you'll see that the newer multi crew ships much closer resemble real life military crafts vs the Constellation, which has a lot of wasted space, because the rooms are too big and not compartmentalized.  

I think you're getting more for your money with the Retaliator, because it has a better designed interior.  I melted my Connie for the Retaliator, because I like the Tali ship design better.  But it would be frackin cool to have a super sized dog fighter like the Constellation.

The Connie is awesome.  @AVT, that perspective make a lot of sense.  I may have melted the Connie for the Retaliator because the Retaliator was a limited ship, I'm really on the fence between them.

My favorite part about the Connie is the cockpit.  It looks like a huge ass movie screen in front of you and I can only imagine dog fighting with that view!  The second part about the Connie that I like is the style of fighting, which is dog fighting.  It's big, powerful, and maneuverable.

I would rather use piloting skills to take down an enemy than turret skills.  

But what drew me to the Tali is the firepower and internal ship design.

i prefer to shoot people in the face: more specific, as compared to bombing where there is collateral damage and innocent people get hurt.  oh well, i am still sticking to my Connie, and will melt my 300i for a Hornet Ghost before 26 Nov 2013.

I have to say I like the specs and design the Retaliator and one of the biggest toys on it for me would be the apartment module. However when push comes to shove, the 20 upgrade spaces on the Constellation is what peaks my interest.

It's more expensive, but I currently feel I'd rather have a missile boat (Talli), dogfighter (Hornet) and trader (Starfarer), who are customized to their roles - and will let me handle the needs of that particular day... Rather than a single jack of all trades, like the Connie.

• 2 weeks later...

Retaliator better military ship, Constellation better money maker, at least that's my expectation. I'd rather have the Retaliator, but there's no game package that includes it, so I'm sticking with the Rear Admiral and the Constellation... for now. I have 10 more days to change my mind.

I would think that a fighter would make a fast lunch out of any bomber or torpedo ship but with the Stella it was already been said that it would take a few fighters to take it down.

Just going off what I have experienced in other Chris Roberts games when faced with defending a fleet vs torpedo or bomber ships.

Personally I own a Stella and the main reason I do not plan on buying a Retaliator is that its more of a specialized ship were the Stella is more of a jack of all trades. The Retaliator looks more cool though.

I'd love to see what the retaliator looks like when it's repurposed for cargo transports.  That sounds like a cool concept.  Pirates will see a retaliator coming and bug out, even though it doesn't have any missiles (unless they have good scanners...).