WinterDragon

Xi'an Scout - Khartu-al (export model)

I think you're in love with the design and wishing CIG will eventually fix the non-flight-model related problems as well?

While that's possible, I don't love the design and I dislike the cockpit view, due to the ugly, overly thick bars messing up the views.

Beyond that, I *could* have very much loved the design, if they didn't just throw out most of what that excellent French designer had created for it.

After the changes of CIG's L.A. ship studio "art director" of ineptitude, it looks undefined and somewhat clunky/blocky.

Ok, so if you get lucky, it'll be the best boat at 6DOF.

But it hits like a girl and isn't much use for anything but scouting - for which the potentally game's best 6DOF isn't really needed. Alternatively, you could own it as a constant personal challenge to take out stronger boats with your 6DOF skills, with the significant drawback, that it'll take too long to be efficient for economic game play purposes.  And the price of many worn out joysticks 😛

Given the currently planned in-game pricing structure, I probably still wouldn't unmelt it, even if CIG fixed everything, but rather get one in game one day, when it gets an eventual boost, because only 3 and a half people in the whole game bother to fly one...

17 hours ago, Pharesm said:

Ok, so if you get lucky, it'll be the best boat at 6DOF.

But it hits like a girl and isn't much use for anything but scouting - for which the potentally game's best 6DOF isn't really needed. Alternatively, you could own it as a constant personal challenge to take out stronger boats with your 6DOF skills, with the significant drawback, that it'll take too 😛

Yes it will rule the 6DOF fights and it at this point can kill most other Fighters it does take longer with its weaker Firepower but currently the flight model doesn't give it much of an advantage as it was supposed to pretty fast and if it has the current Shields that regenerate fast that they used to compensate for this lack of Firepower in addition to the increased maneuverability then this ship will be shipped to have to take out other Fighters.... as they ultimate skill based dog fighting I also have an f8 lightning and that may obviously give this problems with its armor But ultimately the more maneuverable ship should still be able to win the day if it has a skilled pilot :)

Isn't it already faster than anything that outguns it and it outguns anything faster than it?

I have one.   If they buff it, it might have potential if a lot of them can fit in a hangar, if it uses vertical space well while landed.  If an Idris can hold 3 Super Hornets it might hold 6 of these. for example.  Last time I tried it in the PU it was garbage at everything other than speed though.

With the AOPOA SAN'TOK.YĀI now out.. I'm not what I'll do with my ol' Khartu-al. The Khartu would be perfect if it only had better guns :/ it was the 2nd ship I bought (back when it was suggested it had 2 seats and 4 guns), but with the dinky peashooters I'm just not a good enough pilot to take others down with any kind of ease.

The SAN'TOK.YĀI is looking much more like what I wanted from the Khartu in the first place.

I know this is a Khartu forum, but it's worth checking out the Q&A https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16872-Q-A-Aopoa-Santoky-i

@NewzyOne that was 6 guns not 4....

It lost 4 out of 6 guns.

I just went to fly it again, just to see if anything had improved.

- It appears the nice glowy stairs have been removed

- those ultra-fat vertical bars still ruin the center of your field of view in the otherwise nice glass cockpit.

- the ridiculous part is, that it has HUGE, unbroken glass areas to the sides, where they hardly matter...

- Your average garden variety backhoe has better cockpit design than CIG.

3 hours ago, Pharesm said:

I just went to fly it again, just to see if anything had improved.

Ah.... you know that you can't really judge the Khartu-Al until the NEW flight model is out (of course it is "as it was" from before - they wouldn't change it and change it again with the new flight model) ;)

absolutely true - at least in regards to flight and combat.

Therefore, I was mainly looking for resolved design issues, like the cockpit view and, well, I was hoping some more of its french designer's details would have made it into the ship, but instead, the magic glowy steps were replaced with ordinary steps (unless that was just a rendering glitch)

What do you think of the new one?

3 hours ago, Pharesm said:

absolutely true - at least in regards to flight and combat.

Therefore, I was mainly looking for resolved design issues, like the cockpit view and, well, I was hoping some more of its french designer's details would have made it into the ship, but instead, the magic glowy steps were replaced with ordinary steps (unless that was just a rendering glitch)

What do you think of the new one?

Wanted to point out something else that most people forget......   All those people that complain about "struts" in cockpits ........ seem to have forgotten that they add structural protection vs getting 1-shotted - per CIG........ so those that are in cockpits like the 600i or Reliant..... or Prospector are more likely to get one shotted vs those that have struts in the cockpit (same logic CIG applied to FPS helmets)

I do love the new medium fighter but I am keeping both since they are different and will be needed in different use cases

I reject CIG's application of handwavium to give us a phony reason to have a compromised view on the eye-candy we're paying for.

Its the 29th century and even today, fighters with domed cockpits suffer no drawbacks compared to fighters with struts holding smaller shards of glass together.

Its nonsense.  CIG just wants to cram some art director's idea of cool down our throats.

Like I said before, I may never even play this game, with the direction its heading.  "A Universe, not a game"  ....sorry, a mere game was exactly what I backed. I already have the real universe, I don't need a fake one to add...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Weehamster
      LAST EDIT: 20/Jul/2019
      Hi everyone /
      I have images/gifs of ships/vehicles that are either flyable or in concept, development, re-worked or from Star Citizen lore.
      There are also many other categories, including anything from Star Systems to Characters to Ship/FPS Equipment.
      I constantly add more to the albums so don't be afraid to come back here anytime for the latest images.
      Please Enjoy.
      VEHICLES:
      Aegis Dynamics
      Anvil Aerospace
      Aopoa (Xi'An)
      Argo Astronautics
      BIRC (Banu)
      Consolidated Outland
      Crusader Industries
      Drake Interplanetary
      Esperia
      Greycat Industrial
      Kruger Intergalactic
      Musashi Industrial and Starflight Concern
      Origin Jumpworks GmbH
      Robert Space Industries
      RSI/Aegis
      Tumbril Land Systems
      Vanduul
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ship Components
      -------------------------------------------- BONUS --------------------------------------------
      Characters
      First Person Components
      Places 
      Places: Terra
      Places: Odin
      Places: Stanton
      Gameplay
      Squadron 42
      Other

• By c4artist
      All prices include "middle man" fees.  I sell my ships through star-hangar.com.
      If you would like to see the pictures and prices on their site, go to:
      https://star-hangar.com/?s=Noredo
      LTI C2 Hercules (original concept) $463.96
      LTI Carrack Base - $482.01 SOLD
      LTI Reclaimer Base - $482.01 SOLD
      LTI Retaliator Bomber - $343.64  SOLD
      LTI Khartu-Al Base - $211.29  (new flight model coming!!  grab one quick! also, this was CCU'd from a P72)
      LTI Herald Base - $115.04  SOLD  (had 2, both gone)
      LTI Hull B Base - $121.05 SOLD
      LTI P72 Archimedes - $61.20 (only 1 left!)

Freelancer Max Game Package w/ 6 months insurance - $199.26 (This is the old school package with both games! Squadron 42 and the PU! There are rumors the Freelancer Max is going up in price $10 at CIG and now Squadron 42 is sold separately for $45.. this is a steal.
      Flair:  Trophy Collection - Citizencon 2946 $18.78
      I am happy to answer any questions you have. I’ve sold ships here before.  No issues.

• By silrerbay
      I am glad to welcome you in my store ships. In it you can find a lot of ships that are not available at the moment for sale on the RSI.
      I have over 150 successful sales of ships Star Citizen on eBay (all with positive feedback from buyers). PM me message and I will provide a link to that sales thread. Also I have successful major sales on this site, you can see my feedback.

Please read the Terms & Conditions of Service:
      Transactions through PayPal (Verified PayPal only). All prices are final (includes PayPal fees). If you are interested - leave a comment here and send me private message with: Ship or Upgrade or Package name, your PayPal email also your corresponding RSI handle. I will send invoice for payment via PayPal. Item will be delivered buyer's PayPal email address after payment is cleared. No returns or refund as the gifting system only allow 1 time gifting and it will be account bound to the buyer's account (your payment will be refunded if I cannot deliver your item for any reason). If you are unsure about the item or have any questions, feel free to ask. You must own a copy of Star Citizen, and are required to have an account in order to accept item (ship/upgrade). Item will be delivered to the buyer's PayPal email address. You can claim the item by clicking on the link provided in the email about "gift"  and sign in your RSI account. Be careful to be logged into the correct RSI account when you redeem your email about "gift" containing the transmitted ship/upgrade. Tracking is provided by "Hangar Log" on RSI website and will be used as a proof of delivery. I wish you a pleasant shopping in my store:)  
      All prices are final (includes PayPal fees)

█► CROSS-CHASSIS UPGRADED LTI SHIPS ◄█

Ships that were upgraded from Nox LTI:
      Esperia Vanduul Glaive LTI - $345
      Caterpillar LTI - PIRATE EDITION LTI - $345
      Origin 600i Touring LTI - $418
      Origin 600i EXPLORER LTI - $445
      RSI Polaris LTI - $890
      Hammerhead LTI - $815
      Starfarer Gemini LTI - $325
      RSI Orion LTI - $495
      Hull E LTI - $835
      A2 Hercules LTI - $730
      Reclaimer LTI- 435
      Carrack LTI - $359
      Crucible LTI- $359
      Endeavor (Base) LTI- $359
      Vulcan LTI - $230
      Hull D LTI - $349
      Starfarer LTI - $315
      Banu Merchantman LTI - $345
      Vanguard Hoplite LTI - $245
      Vanguard Warden LTI - $260
      Vanguard Sentinel LTI - $275
      Vanguard Harbinger LTI - $285
      Caterpillar LTI - $320
      Terrapin LTI - $235
      Hurricane LTI - $225
      Banu Defender LTI - $215
      Sabre LTI - $189
      Bucaneer LTI - $125
      Prospector LTI - $165
      Retaliator Вase LTI - $185
      Retaliator Bomber LTI - $310
      Gladiator LTI - $185
      350r LTI - $135
      Razor LTI - $155
      Khartu-Al LTI  - $179
      Esperia Blade LTI  - $285
      Constellation Taurus LTI - $165
      Constellation Andromeda LTI - $235
      Constellation Aquila LTI - $310
      Redeemer LTI - $275
      Cutlass Black LTI - $115
      Cutlass Red LTI - $135
      Cutlass Blue LTI - $170
      F7C Hornet LTI - $125
      F7C-S Hornet Ghost LTI - $140
      F7C-R Hornet Tracker LTI - $155
      F7C-M Super Hornet LTI - $205
      Freelancer LTI - $125
      Freelancer DUR LTI - $135
      Freelancer MAX LTI - $155
      Freelancer MIS LTI - $185

Ships that were upgraded from Nox LTI:
      Hull В LTI - $115
      Hull А LTI - $80
      Reliant Kore Mini Hauler LTI - $85
      Reliant Tana Skirmisher LTI - $95
      Reliant Sen Researcher LTI - $115
      Mustang Delta LTI - $85
      Herald LTI - $109
      Avenger Titan LTI - $68
      Avenger Stalker LTI - $78
      Avenger Warlock LTI - $109
      Gladius LTI - $110

█► ORIGINAL CONCEPT SALE SHIPS LTI ◄█
      Argo MPUV Cargo LTI - $60
      Argo MPUV Personnel LTI - $70
      Buccaneer LTI - $135
      Prospector LTI - $190
      Razor LTI - $169
      Hurricane LTI - $215
      Terrapin LTI - $270

COMBO -  Caterpillar & Dragonfly Pack (Caterpillar LTI + 2 Dragonfly LTI) - $410
      COMBO - The Tortoise and the Hurricane LTI  (Terrapin + Hurricane LTI) - $420

█► ORIGINAL GAME PACKAGES LTI◄█
      Original game packages LTI:
      I. 100i Starter Game Package LTI - Original Concept - $100
      II. UEE EXPLORATION PACK - LTI (Carrack* LTI + Terrapin LTI + Dragonfly LTI + Star Citizen + Squadron 42 + 20000UEC)
      *At the request of the buyer, I can turn a Carrack from this package into one of the following ships: Reclaimer LTI, or Endeavor (Base) LTI, or Hull D LTI, or Crucible LTI
      Price $648 - final price, all fees included (you save $32 - if you bought all these ships individually and game package, would you spend $630)
      Description:

II. EXPLORATION MEGA-PACK - LTI (Carrack LTI + Constellation Aquila LTI + Terrapin LTI + Freelancer DUR LTI + 315p Explorer LTI + Dragonfly LTI + Merlin LTI + Star Citizen + Squadron 42 + 20000UEC) SOLD
      Price $895 (you save $200 - if you bought all these ships individually and game package, would you spend $1095)
      Description:

█► GAME PACKAGES WITH SCUADRON 42◄█
      Packages contain access to Star Sitizen + Squadron 42 and are sold at a discounted price. Savings range from 5 to $10 compared to the cost of similar packages on the RSI.
      1. PACKAGE - AURORA LN + SQ 42 - $55 (you save $10. The Aurora LN game package at this time is no longer sold on RSI's website. To get this package in particular for it's cheapest price point from RSI, you would need to buy the $60 Mustang Alpha Star Citizen + Squadron 42 Combo pack, plus an additional $5 Aurora LN upgrade, which totals for $65)
      2. PACKAGE - F7C-M SUPER HORNET + SQ 42 - $205 (you save $5)
      3. PACKAGE - 325A + SQ 42 - $95 (you save $5)

Thank you for visiting my Store and I will be glad to see you again:)