WinterDragon

Xi'an Scout - Khartu-al (export model)

Starting the Khartu-al discussions. Wonder if the thread on the general board can be merged with this one?

[backstory]

Xi’an Scout Unlocked! The Khartu is the light attack craft of the Xi’An military. Contrary to Human ship design, the Khartu doesn’t have a traditional main thruster, instead featuring an array of maneuvering thrusters on articulated rigs. This design allows for incredible agility, making them the bane of UEE pilots, who bestowed the nickname ‘Quark’ because when all of the thrusters are firing, the ship looks like a spark flying through space. The Xi’an Aopoa corporation also manufactures an export model, the Khartu-al, for sale to human civilians as a dedicated scout/explorer. The export model features the same Xi’an maneuvering rig, but control surfaces modified for human use and a more limited armament. (Designer: Aopoa)

Xi’an ship design will be focused on a vertical aesthetic and maneuvering jets that can combine to thrust in multiple directions. Gimbaled, larger-than-normal thrusters sit on the four points of a star in the centerline, allowing each thruster unobstructed hemispherical coverage. The Xi’an scout can rotate on all axes and direct four thrusters to the rear or front! Because of this configuration the Xi’an ship has superb linear maneuvering abilities on all axes. This extra maneuverability comes at a cost however. Xi’an ships favor maneuverability over heavy armament or defensive protection.

Role
Scout

Manufacturer
Aopoa

Cargo Capacity

Max Crew

Upgrade Space

Max Power Plant Size

Max Engine (Primary Thruster)
N/A

Maneuvering Thrusters
18 x TR2

Max Shield

HARDPOINTS
Class-1: 2x Size 4
Class-2: 4x Size 2

NOTE: Ship specifications are preliminary and subject to change as the game is further developed and balanced.

I am wondering what the second crewman will be doing. Cause we have no missiles or turrets.

Will we get additional utility devices that come standard with the ship?

Or is it for radar operation to improve on the Scout role?

Or it is just optional like for F7C-M?

I am wondering what the second crewman will be doing. Cause we have no missiles or turrets. Will we get additional utility devices that come standard with the ship? Or is it for radar operation to improve on the Scout role? Or it is just optional like for F7C-M?

Wouldn't it be a shock if two pilots were REQUIRED to pilot the Xi'an Scout? Perhaps the Xi'an have two pairs of arms, or their feet are as dexterous as their hands, and their ships require two pairs of hands to control them. ;) j/k CIG wouldn't do that to us. And logically, the Xi'an would have to adapt their ships with human-compatible flight controls to create a viable export model. With a vertically-oriented ship, no main engine, and thrusters that supposedly allow the ship to travel in any direction, I believe that the second crew person would be a combination RIO and gunner, and a much-needed second pair of eyes. The Xi'an Scout doesn't have a turret or missiles, but it does have 4 x Class-2 swivel mounts for guns, and flying a ship like the Xi'an Scout will probably require a pilot's full attention, and the shooting will be the gunner's responsibility. The two will have to work together to be successful in combat. :) That's how the AH-64 Apache helicopter is operated, with the pilot in the backseat and weapons and radar operator in the front seat. :D

I hope they give the Khartu-al exotic weaponry as well. The Xi'an concept shows them as being reptilian. Maybe cold blooded. Bipeds. Imagine if they have developed advanced bio-weapons and projectiles like armor/hull eating microbes that do damage over time. Also, some sort of spores or airborne mutagens that confuses sensors and radar...

I'm very curious how it will handle. Obviously, it's probably going to the best strafing ship in the game, but I'm worried it's acceleration won't match more traditionally designed ships.

CIG has said that Xi'an ships aren't as fast as human-designed ships, but their maneuverability is far superior. But in a dogfight in space, maneuverability is probably more important than speed. A ship can't rely solely on speed to elude an enemy pursuer, dodge missiles, and evade incoming fire. Missiles are almost always faster than the ships they target, so not even a M50 could outrun a missile. But a stationary Xi'an Scout could probably dodge an incoming missile with a quick pulse of its thrusters, sliding it out of the missile's path and causing it to miss. Same with gun-fire; a ship can't really outrun it, and the targeting computer helps the shooter lead their shots to where the ship will be when the shots arrive. But a Xi'an Scout can make small staccato maneuvers, zigzagging every which way, making it impossible for the shooting ship to predict where it will be. The only effective tactic would be to spray-and-pray, which is a possible explanation for why the Hornet has so many cannons compared to other ships its size. I bought a Xi'an Scout just before the deadline, because I couldn't resist trying it out in the Dogfighting Alpha. I think it will be a great EQUALIZER, because I'm certain there are more skilled and experienced space combat sim players out there, who are more familiar with the space flight mechanics that Star Citizen will use. But I expect that the Xi'an Scout will handle completely differently, and be extremely difficult and frustrating for space sim vets to engage, because they will probably be resistant to changing their approach, because it's worked for them for so long. That should level the playing field. :D At the very least it'll make the game more interesting. :)

Wondering when the Khartu-al is gonna get some love from CIG. From resource priority perspective, probably a long while to go...if the owner base is smaller compared to the other more popular and mainstream ships. :unsure: 

Seeing the Scythe in PBR just makes the wait feels longer....I hope they at least give it some alien texturing/skin.

I also own a Xi'an Scout ship, but I expect it'll be a long while before we see it in the Hangar or DFM. I'm sure we'll see some concept art soon, but that's a long way from being able to fly it. As you said, the owner base of the Xi'an Scout is probably fairly small compared to most of the other ships, so it's a much lower priority.

I expect that CIG's objective is to get the original 15 ships ready for the PUB launch, and all of the new stretch goal ships will be added later, just in time for the final game launch.

Going back on sale tomorrow too, despite popular opinion being that after the Mustang vote for 'available in hangar' we wouldnt see sales for ships which werent available yet.
Should be $150 i guess.

edit - and i forgot to add theres concept pictures in Around the Verse ep2 (24m40).

http://youtu.be/ieHBBOoZy-w?t=24m40s

Xian_Scout_01.png

Xian_Scout_02.png

Haven't seen the Verse video yet (on vacation) Will it stay on sale or is it just tomorrow or limited time?

Seems likely that its a limited sale, but i dont believe they said how long, and theres nothing on the homepage to say otherwise (might be confirmed on forums but... you know, you go in all happy and come out suicidal after reading a post or 2!)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By silrerbay
      I am glad to welcome you in my store ships. In it you can find a lot of ships that are not available at the moment for sale on the RSI.
      I have over 150 successful sales of ships Star Citizen on eBay (all with positive feedback from buyers). PM me message and I will provide a link to that sales thread. Also I have successful major sales on this site, you can see my feedback.

Please read the Terms & Conditions of Service:
      Transactions through PayPal (Verified PayPal only). All prices are final (includes PayPal fees). If you are interested - leave a comment here and send me private message with: Ship or Upgrade or Package name, your PayPal email also your corresponding RSI handle. I will send invoice for payment via PayPal. Item will be delivered buyer's PayPal email address after payment is cleared. No returns or refund as the gifting system only allow 1 time gifting and it will be account bound to the buyer's account (your payment will be refunded if I cannot deliver your item for any reason). If you are unsure about the item or have any questions, feel free to ask. You must own a copy of Star Citizen, and are required to have an account in order to accept item (ship/upgrade). Item will be delivered to the buyer's PayPal email address. You can claim the item by clicking on the link provided in the email about "gift"  and sign in your RSI account. Be careful to be logged into the correct RSI account when you redeem your email about "gift" containing the transmitted ship/upgrade. Tracking is provided by "Hangar Log" on RSI website and will be used as a proof of delivery. I wish you a pleasant shopping in my store:)  
      All prices are final (includes PayPal fees)

█► CROSS-CHASSIS UPGRADED LTI SHIPS ◄█

Ships that were upgraded from Anvil HAWK LTI:
      Starfarer LTI - $318
      Starfarer Gemini LTI - $365
      Banu Merchantman LTI- $285 $265
      Vanguard Hoplite LTI -$245
      Vanguard Warden LTI - $285 $265
      Vanguard Sentinel LTI -$289
      Vanguard Harbinger LTI -$305
      Caterpillar LTI - $318
      Terrapin LTI - $225
      Hurricane LTI - $189
      Banu Defender LTI - $200
      Sabre LTI - $195
      Bucaneer LTI - $130
      Prospector LTI - $164
      Retaliator Вase LTI - $175
      Retaliator Bomber LTI - $295
      Gladiator LTI - $195
      350r LTI - $145
      Razor LTI - $155
      Khartu-Al LTI  - $195
      Esperia Blade LTI  - $270
      RSI Orion LTI - $358
      Carrack LTI - $385 $365
      Endeavor (Base) LTI- $385 $365
      Reclaimer LTI- $385 $365
      Crucible LTI- $385 $365
      Constellation Taurus LTI - $175
      Constellation Andromeda LTI - $245
      Constellation Aquila LTI - $295
      Redeemer LTI - $270
      Cutlass Black LTI - $120
      Cutlass Red LTI - $140
      Cutlass Blue LTI - $185
      F7C Hornet LTI - $130
      F7C-S Hornet Ghost LTI - $145
      F7C-R Hornet Tracker LTI - $160
      F7C-M Super Hornet LTI - $210 $195
      Freelancer LTI - $130
      Freelancer DUR LTI - $145
      Freelancer MAX LTI - $160
      Freelancer MIS LTI - $195
      Hull D LTI - $385 $365

Ships that were upgraded from Argo MPUV LTI:
      Hull В LTI - $115
      Hull А LTI - $80
      Reliant Kore Mini Hauler LTI - $85
      Reliant Tana Skirmisher LTI - $85
      Reliant Sen Researcher LTI - $95
      Mustang Delta LTI - $85
      Herald LTI - $105
      Avenger Titan LTI - $68
      Avenger Stalker LTI - $78
      Avenger Warlock LTI - $105
      Gladius LTI - $110

█► ORIGINAL CONCEPT SALE SHIPS LTI ◄█
      Argo MPUV Cargo LTI - $54
      Argo MPUV Personnel LTI - $59
      Dragonfly LTI (Yellowjacket or  Black) - $54
      Buccaneer LTI - $135
      Prospector LTI - $175
      Razor LTI - $159
      Hurricane LTI - $215
      Terrapin LTI - $244
      COMBO -  Caterpillar & Dragonfly Pack (Caterpillar LTI + 2 Dragonfly LTI) - $395
      COMBO - The Tortoise and the Hurricane LTI  (Terrapin + Hurricane LTI) - $395
      Eclipse LTI Warbond Edition - $285 Sold
      Starfarer LTI -$265 Sold
      RRI POLARIS LTI (Original concept)-  $625 Sold
      Vanduul Glaive LTI - $525 -final price, all fees included  Sold

█► ORIGINAL GAME PACKAGES LTI◄█
      Original game packages LTI:
      I. UEE EXPLORATION PACK - LTI (Carrack* LTI + Terrapin LTI + Dragonfly LTI + Star Citizen + Squadron 42 + 20000UEC)
      *At the request of the buyer, I can turn a Carrack from this package into one of the following ships: Reclaimer LTI, or Endeavor (Base) LTI, or Hull D LTI, or Crucible LTI
      Price $648 - final price, all fees included (you save $32 - if you bought all these ships individually and game package, would you spend $630)
      Description:

II. EXPLORATION MEGA-PACK - LTI (Carrack LTI + Constellation Aquila LTI + Terrapin LTI + Freelancer DUR LTI + 315p Explorer LTI + Dragonfly LTI + Merlin LTI + Star Citizen + Squadron 42 + 20000UEC) SOLD
      Price $895 (you save $200 - if you bought all these ships individually and game package, would you spend $1095)
      Description:

█► GAME PACKAGES WITH SCUADRON 42◄█
      Packages contain access to Star Sitizen + Squadron 42 and are sold at a discounted price. Savings range from 5 to $10 compared to the cost of similar packages on the RSI.
      1. PACKAGE - AURORA LN + SQ 42 - $55 (you save $10. The Aurora LN game package at this time is no longer sold on RSI's website. To get this package in particular for it's cheapest price point from RSI, you would need to buy the $60 Mustang Alpha Star Citizen + Squadron 42 Combo pack, plus an additional $5 Aurora LN upgrade, which totals for $65)
      2. PACKAGE - F7C-M SUPER HORNET + SQ 42 - $205 (you save $5)
      3. PACKAGE - 325A + SQ 42 - $95 (you save $5)

Thank you for visiting my Store and I will be glad to see you again:)

• By Weehamster
      Hi everyone /
      I think it's about time that I share my collection of albums that I use for The Base chat that I've had for a while now
      I only have ships/vehicles that are either from lore, concept, development or being re-worked, not for any that are flyable/finished and I constantly add more to the albums. Enjoy.
      Aopoa (Xi'An) | "Capital" | Nox | "Oracle" | "Transport" | Volper |
      Aegis | Eclipse | Hammerhead | Idris | Javelin | Reclaimer | Redeemer | Retaliator (Modules) | Sabre: Raven | Vanguard (Variants): Harbinger - Sentinel |
      Anvil | A4A Hurricane | Carrack | Crucible | F7A Hornet Mk II | F8 Lightning | Hawk | Pisces | Terrapin |
      BIRC (Banu) | Defender | Merchantman |
      Consolidated Outland | Mustang (Re-Work) | Pioneer |
      Crusader | Genesis: Starliner |
      Drake | Cutlass: Black (Re-Work) - Blue - Red | Dragonfly |
      Esperia | "Blade" | "Prowler" |
      Kruger | P-72 Archimedes |
      MISC | Endeavor | Freelancer (Variants): DUR - MAX - MIS | Hull: A - B - C - D - E | Prospector | Razor | Reliant (Variants): Mako - Sen - Tana |
      Origin | 300 (Re-Work): 300i - 315p - 325a - 350r | 600i | 890 Jump  | X1 |
      RSI | Aurora (Re-Work) | Bengal | Constellation: Aquila - Phoenix - Taurus | Lynx | Orion | Pegasus | Polaris | Ursa | Zeus |
      RSI/Aegis | Retribution |
      Tumbril | Cyclone |
      Vanduul | "Cleaver" | "Driller" | "Harvester" | "Hunter" | "Kingship" | "Mauler" | "Stinger" | "Void" |
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ship Components | Coolers | Fuel Tanks & Intakes | Gun's | Missiles / Torpedoes |
                                   | Power-Plants | Quantum & Jump Drives | Radars | Shield Generators |
      -------------------------------------------- BONUS --------------------------------------------
      Characters | Banu | Human | Tevarin | Vanduul | Xi'An | Wildlife |
      First Person Components | Armor, Uniforms & Clothing | mobiGlas | Tools / Equipment | Weapons |
      Places  | Planetary Environments / Bases | Shubin | Star Systems Concepts | Terra | Truck-stop / Space Stations |
      Stanton | 1 (Hurston) | 1a (Ariel) | 1b (Aberdeen) | 1c (Magoa) | 1d (Ita) |
                    | 2 (Crusader) | 2a (Celin) | 2b (Daymar) | 2c (Yela) |
                    | AB (Arron Halo) | * (Delamar) |
                    | 3 (ArcCorp) | 3a (Lyria) | 3b (Wala) |
                    | 4 (Microtech) | 4a (Calliope) | 4b (Clio) | 4c (Euterpe) |        
      Other | Drones / Probes | Land Claiming | Logos | Posters/Ads | Racing | Sataball | Other Vanduul Art | UI |
    • By D0lph1N
      Hello, Citizens! And welcome to 🐬 D0lph1N's Mini Mart 🐬  !
      Terms & Conditions
      Buyer must be PayPal verified. Please leave a comment before PMing!  Then send me PM containing ship name, your PayPal email and currency of invoice (USD or EUR).  Ship will be sent as a gift to the payer's PayPal email. If you're buying it to gift someone else, simply forward the letter to his email.  Claimed gift (after purchase) will be bounded to your account. Due to CIG gifting limitations I do not issue refunds once delivery has been successfully completed.  All prices include PayPal fees.  RSI Credits accepted at 75% rate for full or partial payment.  My timezone is GMT+3, so it could take a while before I'll reply.   
      💰 Special Offers
      Ship Insurance   Original/CCU'd   Price, USD   Price, EUR   Available? Nox - Warbond LTI Original $50 €46 Yes Nox Kue - Warbond LTI Original $50 €46 Yes
      🚀 Standalone LTI ships:
      Bold-marked ships currently are not available in RSI store, but you still can buy it here.

Ship                                                 Type     Insurance     Price, USD     Price, EUR   Polaris Original LTI $846 €770 600i Explorer Original LTI $492 €448 600i Explorer CCU'd LTI $435 €397 Prowler Original LTI $482 €439 600i Touring Original LTI $455 €415 600i Touring CCU'd LTI $400 €365 Genesis CCU'd LTI $450 €410 Consellation Phoenix Original 4YI $424 €386 Carrack CCU'd LTI $387 €352 Crucible CCU'd LTI $387 €352 Hull D CCU'd LTI $387 €352 Endeavor CCU'd LTI $387 €352 Reclaimer CCU'd LTI $387 €352 Merchantman CCU'd LTI $350 €319 Starfarer Gemini CCU'd LTI $376 €342 Starfarer CCU'd LTI $334 €304 Caterpillar CCU'd LTI $329 €299 Vanguard Harbinger CCU'd LTI $313 €285 Retaliator Bomber CCU'd LTI $307 €280 Constellation Aquila CCU'd LTI $297 €270 Vanguard Sentinel CCU'd LTI $292 €265 Vanguard Warden Original 3YI $297 €270 Vanguard Warden CCU'd LTI $276 €251 Redeemer CCU'd LTI $276 €251 Vanguard Hoplite Original LTI $270 €246 Vanguard Hoplite CCU'd LTI $249 €227 Constellation Andromeda CCU'd LTI $244 €222 Hull C CCU'd LTI $223 €203 Terrapin Original LTI $239 €217 Terrapin CCU'd LTI $218 €198 Sabre Comet Original LTI $218 €198 Sabre Comet CCU'd LTI $202 €184 F7C-M Super Hornet CCU'd LTI $181 €165 Hornet Wildfire Original LTI $207 €188 Hornet Wildfire CCU'd LTI $191 €174 Sabre CCU'd LTI $186 €169 Khartu-Al CCU'd LTI $186 €169 Gladiator CCU'd LTI $181 €164 Freelancer MIS CCU'd LTI $181 €164 Cutlass Blue CCU'd LTI $170 €155 Constellation Taurus CCU'd LTI $165 €150 Retaliator Base CCU'd LTI $165 €150 Freelancer MAX CCU'd LTI $154 €140 Prospector CCU'd LTI $154 €140 F7C-R Hornet Tracker CCU'd LTI $154 €140 Razor Original LTI $165 €150 Razor CCU'd LTI $149 €136 F7C-S Hornet Ghost CCU'd LTI $138 €126 350R CCU'd LTI $138 €126 Freelancer Dur CCU'd LTI $138 €126 Cutlass Red CCU'd LTI $133 €121 Gladius Valiant Original LTI $138 €126 Gladius Valiant CCU'd LTI $122 €111 Buccaneer CCU'd LTI $122 €111 F7C Hornet CCU'd LTI $122 €111 Freelancer CCU'd LTI $122 €111 M50 CCU'd LTI $112 €102 Cutlass Black CCU'd LTI $112 €102 Hull B CCU'd LTI $107 €97 Gladius CCU'd LTI $101 €92 Herald CCU'd LTI $96 €87 Avenger Warlock CCU'd LTI $96 €87 Reliant News Van CCU'd LTI $96 €87 Avenger Titan Renegade Original LTI $101 €92 Avenger Titan Renegade CCU'd LTI $85 €78 Reliant Sen (Researcher) CCU'd LTI $85 €78 325a CCU'd LTI $80 €73 Reliant Kore CCU'd LTI $75 €68 Reliant Skirmisher CCU'd LTI $75 €68 315p CCU'd LTI $75 €68 Hull A CCU'd LTI $70 €63 Avenger Stalker CCU'd LTI $70 €63 300i CCU'd LTI $64 €59 Mustang Gamma CCU'd LTI $64 €59 85x Original LTI $64 €59 85x CCU'd LTI $59 €54 Avenger Titan CCU'd LTI $59 €54 Nox Original LTI $54 €49 Nox Kue Original LTI $54 €49 Dragonfly Black Original LTI $54 €49 Dragonfly Yellowjacket Original LTI $54 €49 MPUV Cargo Original LTI $48 €44
      🚗 Ground vehicles
      Name                                                    Item type        Insurance         Price, USD         Price, EUR     Ursa Rover Original Vehicle - $64 €59 Ground Vehicle Pack Original Vehicle Pack - $69 €63 Tumbril Cyclone - Warbond Original Vehicle LTI $54 €49 Tumbril Cyclone Original Vehicle LTI $64 €59 Tumbril Cyclone TR Original Vehicle LTI $74 €68 Tumbril Cyclone TR CCU'd Vehicle LTI $69 €63 Tumbril Cyclone RC Original Vehicle LTI $74 €68 Tumbril Cyclone RC CCU'd Vehicle LTI $69 €63 Tumbril Cyclone RN Original Vehicle LTI $74 €68 Tumbril Cyclone RN CCU'd Vehicle LTI $69 €63 Tumbril Cyclone AA Original Vehicle LTI $90 €82 Tumbril Cyclone AA CCU'd Vehicle LTI $85 €78 Cyclone to Cyclone TR Upgrade Vehicle Upgrade - $15 €14 Cyclone to Cyclone RC Upgrade Vehicle Upgrade - $15 €14 Cyclone to Cyclone RN Upgrade Vehicle Upgrade - $15 €14 Cyclone to Cyclone AA Upgrade Vehicle Upgrade - $35 €32  

🎁 Game packages (Star Citizen + Squadron 42):
      Package                                                                                                                                                 Insurance         Price, USD         Price, EUR Package - 315p 4m $80 €73 Package - Avenger 6m $80 €73 Package - 325a 4m $85 €78 Package - Freelancer 6m $133 €121 [Package - F7C-M Super Hornet]() 6m $191 €174 Package - Constellation Taurus - Digital 6m $212 €193 Package - UEE Exploration Pack - LTI (Carrack, Terrapin, Dragonfly, SC, SQ42, VFG Industrial) LTI $575 €524  
      🛠 Add-ons, BUKs, hangar decorations & other stuff - TBD
      🔧 Ship upgrades:
      Target ship                      Base ship                                Price, USD         Price, EUR     Buccaneer Cutlass Black $20 €18 Carrack Starfarer Gemini $20 €18 Carrack Starfarer $67 €61 Carrack Constellation Aquila $95 €86 Caterpillar Retaliator Bomber $35 €32 Crucible Constellation Aquila $95 €86 Crucible Starfarer Gemini $20 €18 Dragonfly Yellowjacket Mustang Alpha $15 €14 Freelancer MIS Taurus $25 €23 Gladiator Taurus $25 €23 Herald 325a $25 €23 Hull C Taurus $70 €63 Khartu-Al Freelancer MAX $40 €36 Merchantman Constellation Andromeda $150 €135 Origin M50 Gladius $20 €18 Prospector Hornet Ghost $25 €23 Redeemer Constellation Andromeda $40 €36 Retaliator Base Freelancer MAX $20 €18 Retaliator Bomber Redeemer $40 €36 Retaliator Bomber Vanguard Sentinel $20 €18 Sabre Gladiator $15 €14 Sabre Taurus $35 €32 Starfarer Gemini Constellation Aquila $85 €77 Super Hornet Taurus $45 €41 Terrapin Khartu-Al $40 €36 Terrapin Taurus $62 €56 Vanguard Hoplite Constellation Taurus $95 €86 Vanguard Sentinel Vanguard Warden $25 €23 Vanguard Warden Constellation Andromeda $40 €36 Warlock 325a $27 €25  
    • By Arrowfaster
      Hi guys,
      First of all I am so glad that I found this place. I was heartbroken to see the official Star Citizen forums go because the new spectrum is such a mess, especially regarding ship discussions. So I am hoping you can help me with my problem. I am planning to get my hands on the Polaris (I already own the Cutlass Blue, Gladiator and CCU from Gladiator to Super Hornet, Reedemer, Reclaimer, Crucible and double Noxes).  I am more or less done when it comes to buying new ships because I think I got everything I need except I got one problem.
      What do you think what ship should I get to be the designated scanning ship in the hangar bay of the Polaris?
        From what I understand Idris will have great scanners and Polaris will have tough time sneaking up on it unless it uses some sort of scanning ship. I was debating between Herald, Hornet Tracker, 315P, and Terrapin.

Each one of them has it's own problems that are bothering me:
      1) Herald: I am not sure does Herald even got any advantage over other ships when it comes to scanning? I mean it is supposed to be hacking and info runner ship I am not sure does it have any sort of specialized scanning equipment :S
      2) 315P: My buddy owns one so I guess we could use that. What bothers me is how strong are it's scanners compared to other ships?
      3) Hornet Tracker: I own a Gladiator and I got a CCU to Super Hornet. I was planning on using it and then just strap on the Tracker gear on top of the Super hornet. I wasn't able to figure out what exactly is the Hornet Trackers role... does it do long range scanning vs other ships and how effective is it at that? I read something about Tracker allowing other ships to achieve faster lock and detect stealthy ship etc. etc. but all I really want is a long range ship scanner
        4) Terrapin: From what I read Terrapin is supposed to be the dedicated stealth long range scanner and seems like the best choice but what bothers me is it's price tag... I don't feel like getting rid of my Gladiator (or Super Hornet CCU) to get it.
        5) Gladiator: I own it and I heard some speculations that it might receive some modularity. I am not sure are those just rumors but if we could strap on a powerful radar on sensors on it Gladiator would be a bit more versatile.
        So what do you think? Do you think that getting Tracker gear on the Super Hornet is a viable option to serve as a scout for the Polaris (that would be the cheapest bet for me) or should I look into other scanning ships from the list?