WinterDragon

Xi'an Scout - Khartu-al (export model)

7 hours ago, Stenim said:

I used to love this ship but everything about it screams lackluster compared to anything else now which is disappointing.  I only have access to live so I don't know if it's just me but I've never been able to actually test the khartu because it never leaves landing mode.  So I picked up the upgrade to a terrapin and will wait and see if they do anything to the khartu.

I flew it around, shot up some NPC pirates. Needless to say, the firepower was atrocious.  The cockpit bars irritatingly thick.  CIG did a good job of making it Alien, but what looks from the outside like a luxurious, futuristic glass bubble has the thickest struts of any ship in the worst possible places.

Granted, due to your combat HUD displaying everything regardless of cockpit elements, its not a functional issue, its just something that messes up what could have been great eye candy.

So now, you don't even have that "cool" feeling like Tom Cruise's chopper from Oblivion in an underpowered underwhelming ship.

Great potential wasted.

4 minutes ago, Pharesm said:
1 hour ago, Taldren said:

Xi'An Scout -4 Guns -1 Seat , yet same price.

Now for $25 more you can get the Scout/Explorer Anvil Terrapin. I would love if we could compare/contrast these two so-called "Scouts" , but to this freaking day I still have no idea what the Khartu-Al is other than eye candy.

There's one thing the Khartu helped me with now:

I bought mine for $150, but I could buy a Terrapin CCU for $25, so I have a Terrapin for $175. If I ever want it... 

3 hours ago, Taldren said:

Don't be jelly @Pharesm , but I just bought a Carrack for $250. I bought back a LTI Starfarer Gemini for $240 and bought the CCU to the Carrack for $10.

Good move, but no need to be jelly :)  I have two $10  Gemini to Carrack CCUs and still have things like Carrack to Crucible etc CCUs laying around   :)

My main aim with my actions was merely to avoid getting stuck in CIG's eventual price hikes. Now it occasionally turns into a money saver.

Too bad the Starfarer was designed like an FPS level and not like a ship that's enjoyable to fly...

As for the Terrapin, it will probably still get melted, even at $175.  Maybe at $120, we could talk...

I'll be holding my Khartu-Al until the very last month you can melt it. Depending on if they reneg and make it a 2 seater, I may keep it beyond that.

hoping beyond hope, but I can't bring myself to melt the ship that, imo, had the most potential of all the light/med fighters

4 hours ago, NewzyOne said:

I'll be holding my Khartu-Al until the very last month you can melt it. Depending on if they reneg and make it a 2 seater, I may keep it beyond that.

hoping beyond hope, but I can't bring myself to melt the ship that, imo, had the most potential of all the light/med fighters

I have enough CCUs to and from the Khartu to do the same with no money tied up.

But my hopes are dim. I haven't seen much fixed once it was broken in the way of ships.

But I'll always be happy for a positive surprise :)

Well, my conclusion after giving the Khartu-Al many chances is that it has some debilitating bugs in the PU that makes it unusable for more than a mission or two.  Problems with landing gear (deploy or retracting the wing-things), problems with it inheriting an odd drift even at zero velocity.  I found and upvoted the bugs on the RSI site.  I'll give it another shot next patch.

So... is there any hope for the Khartu? Does anyone actually think it'll get a loadout worth the effort they spent to make this beauty?

I'm really starting to doubt that the Khartu-al will make it through to beta, looking at melting it for something with guts.. maybe a Glaive if it comes up in the Alien Ships day of the Anniversary.

11 hours ago, NewzyOne said:

So... is there any hope for the Khartu? Does anyone actually think it'll get a loadout worth the effort they spent to make this beauty?

I'm really starting to doubt that the Khartu-al will make it through to beta, looking at melting it for something with guts.. maybe a Glaive if it comes up in the Alien Ships day of the Anniversary.

I think that there is hope with Khart'al.  It should be a super agile ship.  The balance between ships is super unstable right now, so I would not hate a ship for sure right now.  ALso, the glaive has historically been so bad that people have a hashtag#maketheglaivegreat.

I don't see Khartu-Al getting balanced before stealth, scanning, cooling and fuel mechanics are in the game or it gets a rework and gets more weapons like Cutlass(it now has 6x S3 guns).

KA just doesn't have enough firepower to be competitive in a combat role in PvP since no matter how fast or agile it is, it's a huge target with low firepower that can maybe overpower weakest ships with the help of its shields.

It looks really cool tho, I'll give it that.

Just CCU to a Sabre if you wanna have some fun in AC and grab some 0$ CCUs between the two.

My second favorite ship is on Sale for Subscribers - >> Subscriber Flash Sale! - Roberts Space Industries 

XI'AN KHARTU-AL SUBSCRIBER SALE!

Image_header.jpg

Greetings Subscribers!

You’ve spent the past month test flying the Khartu-Al and now you have a chance to purchase one of the most unique ships in the Star Citizen universe. If you’re a current subscriber, or become one during this weekend sale, you’ll have the opportunity to purchase the Scout through Monday, September 4th.

Interested in learning about our Subscriber Program? More information can be found here!

VISIT THE KHARTU-AL

I haven't heard anything about it getting fixed...

But is there some function in Spectrum or somewhere, so you can get an alert about subscriber sales without being a subscriber?

heh...  For the right ship, I'd subscribe for one month.

Otherwise, I think I've done enough subscriber duty. Would be enough to buy 5 AAA games at full retail (which I never do tho)

Wow, is that, because Erin Roberts used to work at Lego before this???

Cause that doesn't look like you could do it with standard pieces...

Though I guess anyone with a 3D printer could make whatever they want with a couple of Lego nobbins for attachment.

You know, a while back, I said "God, I'm gonna hold my breath until you put the extra seat and the four missing guns back on that ship!"  "Please!"

After 8 minutes and a couple of times cheating, I lay unconscious on the floor and he said "I'm not doing it, but I've supplied you with some undeserved oxygen in the meantime.  Beyond that, suit yourself on the matter of breathing..."

If you could breed space ships, I'd expect the Xi'an to cross breed the Khartu-Al with a 600i and we'd have one hell of a heavy-scout-luxury-fighter

Ok, back to Assassin's Creed Origins with all the new season pass content  ^^

I hope aft of the crew quarters on the 600i, there will be a stable for my favored black arab steed!  Screw the Nox, I want a horse!

NICE 😎😎   

The Khartu-al has always been one of my favorite ships (prior to the Pioneer it was my 2nd favorite - behind the Phoenix)............ but........  it has been lackluster to many in the current flight model.....

I keep mentioning ......... that you have to believe what CIG intends for the ship....... and it will now stand alone really in its manuvarbliyt and 6 DOF 😎😎

See RTV ------ and time to Un-melt or Pick up CCU's back to your Khartu-al with the new flight model 💖