Welcome to Star Citizen Base

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

WinterDragon

Xi'an Scout - Khartu-al (export model)

439 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, Stenim said:

I used to love this ship but everything about it screams lackluster compared to anything else now which is disappointing.  I only have access to live so I don't know if it's just me but I've never been able to actually test the khartu because it never leaves landing mode.  So I picked up the upgrade to a terrapin and will wait and see if they do anything to the khartu.

I flew it around, shot up some NPC pirates. Needless to say, the firepower was atrocious.  The cockpit bars irritatingly thick.  CIG did a good job of making it Alien, but what looks from the outside like a luxurious, futuristic glass bubble has the thickest struts of any ship in the worst possible places.

Granted, due to your combat HUD displaying everything regardless of cockpit elements, its not a functional issue, its just something that messes up what could have been great eye candy.

So now, you don't even have that "cool" feeling like Tom Cruise's chopper from Oblivion in an underpowered underwhelming ship.

Great potential wasted.

4 minutes ago, Pharesm said:
1 hour ago, Taldren said:

Xi'An Scout -4 Guns -1 Seat , yet same price.

Now for $25 more you can get the Scout/Explorer Anvil Terrapin. I would love if we could compare/contrast these two so-called "Scouts" , but to this freaking day I still have no idea what the Khartu-Al is other than eye candy.

There's one thing the Khartu helped me with now:

I bought mine for $150, but I could buy a Terrapin CCU for $25, so I have a Terrapin for $175. If I ever want it... 

3 hours ago, Taldren said:

Don't be jelly @Pharesm , but I just bought a Carrack for $250. I bought back a LTI Starfarer Gemini for $240 and bought the CCU to the Carrack for $10.

Good move, but no need to be jelly :)  I have two $10  Gemini to Carrack CCUs and still have things like Carrack to Crucible etc CCUs laying around   :)

My main aim with my actions was merely to avoid getting stuck in CIG's eventual price hikes. Now it occasionally turns into a money saver.

Too bad the Starfarer was designed like an FPS level and not like a ship that's enjoyable to fly...

As for the Terrapin, it will probably still get melted, even at $175.  Maybe at $120, we could talk...

I'll be holding my Khartu-Al until the very last month you can melt it. Depending on if they reneg and make it a 2 seater, I may keep it beyond that.

hoping beyond hope, but I can't bring myself to melt the ship that, imo, had the most potential of all the light/med fighters

4 hours ago, NewzyOne said:

I'll be holding my Khartu-Al until the very last month you can melt it. Depending on if they reneg and make it a 2 seater, I may keep it beyond that.

hoping beyond hope, but I can't bring myself to melt the ship that, imo, had the most potential of all the light/med fighters

I have enough CCUs to and from the Khartu to do the same with no money tied up.

But my hopes are dim. I haven't seen much fixed once it was broken in the way of ships.

But I'll always be happy for a positive surprise :)

Well, my conclusion after giving the Khartu-Al many chances is that it has some debilitating bugs in the PU that makes it unusable for more than a mission or two.  Problems with landing gear (deploy or retracting the wing-things), problems with it inheriting an odd drift even at zero velocity.  I found and upvoted the bugs on the RSI site.  I'll give it another shot next patch.

NewzyOne likes this

So... is there any hope for the Khartu? Does anyone actually think it'll get a loadout worth the effort they spent to make this beauty?

I'm really starting to doubt that the Khartu-al will make it through to beta, looking at melting it for something with guts.. maybe a Glaive if it comes up in the Alien Ships day of the Anniversary.

11 hours ago, NewzyOne said:

So... is there any hope for the Khartu? Does anyone actually think it'll get a loadout worth the effort they spent to make this beauty?

I'm really starting to doubt that the Khartu-al will make it through to beta, looking at melting it for something with guts.. maybe a Glaive if it comes up in the Alien Ships day of the Anniversary.

I think that there is hope with Khart'al.  It should be a super agile ship.  The balance between ships is super unstable right now, so I would not hate a ship for sure right now.  ALso, the glaive has historically been so bad that people have a hashtag#maketheglaivegreat.

Malcolm MacLeod likes this

I don't see Khartu-Al getting balanced before stealth, scanning, cooling and fuel mechanics are in the game or it gets a rework and gets more weapons like Cutlass(it now has 6x S3 guns).

KA just doesn't have enough firepower to be competitive in a combat role in PvP since no matter how fast or agile it is, it's a huge target with low firepower that can maybe overpower weakest ships with the help of its shields.

It looks really cool tho, I'll give it that.

Just CCU to a Sabre if you wanna have some fun in AC and grab some 0$ CCUs between the two.

NewzyOne likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Weehamster
      Hi everyone /
      I think it's about time that I share my collection of albums that I use for The Base chat that I've had for a while now
      I only have ships/vehicles that are either from lore, concept, development or being re-worked, not for any that are flyable/finished and I constantly add more to the albums. Enjoy.
      Aopoa (Xi'An) | "Capital" | Nox | "Oracle" | "Transport" | Volper |
      Aegis | Eclipse | Idris | Javelin | Reclaimer | Redeemer | Retaliator (Modules) | Vanguard (Variants): Harbinger - Sentinel |
      Anvil | A4A Hurricane | Carrack | Crucible | F7A Hornet Mk II | F8 Lightning | Terrapin |
      BIRC (Banu) | Defender | Merchantman |
      Crusader | Genesis Starliner |
      Drake | Cutlass (Re-Work): Black - Blue - Red | Dragonfly |
      Esperia | "Blade" | Prowler |
      Kruger | P-72 Archimedes |
      MISC | Endeavor | Freelancer (Variants): DUR - MAX - MIS | Hull: A - B - C - D - E | Prospector | Razor | Reliant (Variants): Mako - Sen - Tana |
      Origin | 600 | 890 Jump |
      RSI | Aurora (Re-Work) | Bengal | Constellation: Aquila - Phoenix - Taurus | Orion | Pegasus | Polaris  | Ursa |
      RSI/Aegis | Retribution |
      Tumbril | Cyclone |
      Vanduul | "Cleaver" | "Driller" | "Harvester" | "Hunter" | "Kingship" | "Mauler" | "Stinger" | "Void" |
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ship Components | Coolers | Gun's | Missiles / Torpedoes | Quantum Drives |
      -------------------------------------------- BONUS --------------------------------------------
      Characters | Banu | Human | Tevarin | Vanduul | Xi'An | Armor, Uniforms & Clothing | Wildlife |
      First Person Components | Tools / Equipment | Weapons |
      Places  | Planetary Environments / Bases | Shubin | Star Systems Concepts | Terra | Truck-stop / Space Stations |
      Stanton | 1 (Hurston) | 1a (Ariel) | 1b (Aberdeen) | 1c (Magoa) | 1d (Ita) |
                    | 2 (Crusader) | 2a (Celin) | 2b (Daymar) | 2c (Yela) |
                    | AB (Arron Halo) | * (Delamar) |
                    | 3 (ArcCorp) | 3a (Lyria) | 3b (Wala) |
                    | 4 (Microtech) | 4a (Calliope) | 4b (Clio) | 4c (Euterpe) |        
      Other | Drones / Probes | Sataball | Other Vanduul Art | UI |
    • By silrerbay
      I am glad to welcome you in my store ships. In it you can find a lot of ships that are not available at the moment for sale on the RSI.
      I have over 100 successful sales of ships Star Citizen on eBay (all with positive feedback from buyers). PM me message and I will provide a link to that sales thread. Also I have successful major sales on this site, you can see my feedback.

Please read the Terms & Conditions of Service:
      Transactions through PayPal (Verified PayPal only). All prices are final (includes PayPal fees). If you are interested - leave a comment here and send me private message with: Ship or Upgrade or Package name, your PayPal email also your corresponding RSI handle. I will send invoice for payment via PayPal. Item will be delivered buyer's PayPal email address after payment is cleared. No returns or refund as the gifting system only allow 1 time gifting and it will be account bound to the buyer's account (your payment will be refunded if I cannot deliver your item for any reason). If you are unsure about the item or have any questions, feel free to ask. You must own a copy of Star Citizen, and are required to have an account in order to accept item (ship/upgrade). Item will be delivered to the buyer's PayPal email address. You can claim the item by clicking on the link provided in the email about "gift"  and sign in your RSI account. Be careful to be logged into the correct RSI account when you redeem your email about "gift" containing the transmitted ship/upgrade. Tracking is provided by "Hangar Log" on RSI website and will be used as a proof of delivery. I wish you a pleasant shopping in my store:)  
      All prices are final (includes PayPal fees)

█► CROSS-CHASSIS UPGRADED LTI SHIPS ◄█

Ships that were upgraded from Argo MPUV LTI:
      Starfarer LTI - $295
      Starfarer Gemini LTI - $335
      Banu Merchantman LTI- $270
      Vanguard Hoplite LTI -$245
      Vanguard Warden LTI -$270
      Vanguard Sentinel LTI -$285
      Vanguard Harbinger LTI -$310
      Caterpillar LTI - $288
      Terrapin LTI - $210
      Hurricane LTI - $189
      Banu Defender LTI - $200
      Sabre LTI - $185
      Bucaneer LTI - $130
      Prospector LTI - $164
      Retaliator Вase LTI - $175
      Retaliator Bomber LTI - $295
      Gladiator LTI - $195
      350r LTI - $145
      Razor LTI - $155
      Khartu-Al LTI  - $185
      Esperia Blade LTI  - $270
      RSI Orion LTI - $358
      Carrack LTI - $372
      Endeavor (Base) LTI- $372
      Reclaimer LTI- $372
      Crucible LTI- $372
      Constellation Taurus LTI - $175
      Constellation Andromeda LTI - $245
      Constellation Aquila LTI - $245
      Redeemer LTI - $270
      Cutlass Black LTI - $120
      Cutlass Red LTI - $140
      Cutlass Blue LTI - $175
      F7C Hornet LTI - $130
      F7C-S Hornet Ghost LTI - $145
      F7C-R Hornet Tracker LTI - $160
      F7C-M Super Hornet LTI - $205
      Freelancer LTI - $130
      Freelancer DUR LTI - $145
      Freelancer MAX LTI - $160
      Freelancer MIS LTI - $195
      Hull D LTI - $372
      Hull С LTI - $245

Ships that were upgraded from Argo MPUV LTI:
      Hull В LTI - $115
      Hull А LTI - $75
      Reliant Kore Mini Hauler LTI - $80
      Reliant Tana Skirmisher LTI - $80
      Reliant Sen Researcher LTI - $95
      Mustang Delta LTI - $80
      Herald LTI - $105
      Avenger Titan LTI - $68
      Avenger Stalker LTI - $78
      Avenger Warlock LTI - $105
      Gladius LTI - $110

█► ORIGINAL CONCEPT SALE SHIPS LTI ◄█
      Argo MPUV Cargo LTI - $47
      Argo MPUV Personnel LTI - $52
      Dragonfly LTI (Yellowjacket or  Black) - $52
      Buccaneer LTI - $129
      Prospector LTI - $169
      Razor LTI - $159
      Hurricane LTI - $205
      Terrapin LTI - $234
      COMBO -  Caterpillar & Dragonfly Pack (Caterpillar LTI + 2 Dragonfly LTI) - $365
      COMBO - The Tortoise and the Hurricane LTI  (Terrapin + Hurricane LTI) - $395
      Eclipse LTI Warbond Edition - $285 Sold
      Starfarer LTI -$265 Sold
      RRI POLARIS LTI (Original concept)-  $625 Sold
      Vanduul Glaive LTI - $525 -final price, all fees included  Sold

█► ORIGINAL GAME PACKAGES LTI◄█
      Original game packages LTI:
      I. UEE EXPLORATION PACK - LTI (Carrack* LTI + Terrapin LTI + Dragonfly LTI + Star Citizen + Squadron 42 + 20000UEC)
      *At the request of the buyer, I can turn a Carrack from this package into one of the following ships: Reclaimer LTI, or Endeavor (Base) LTI, or Hull D LTI, or Crucible LTI
      Price $598 - final price, all fees included (you save $32 - if you bought all these ships individually and game package, would you spend $630)
      Description:

II. EXPLORATION MEGA-PACK - LTI (Carrack LTI + Constellation Aquila LTI + Terrapin LTI + Freelancer DUR LTI + 315p Explorer LTI + Dragonfly LTI + Merlin LTI + Star Citizen + Squadron 42 + 20000UEC) SOLD
      Price $895 (you save $200 - if you bought all these ships individually and game package, would you spend $1095)
      Description:

█► GAME PACKAGES WITH SCUADRON 42◄█
      Packages contain access to Star Sitizen + Squadron 42 and are sold at a discounted price. Savings range from 5 to $10 compared to the cost of similar packages on the RSI.
      1. PACKAGE - AURORA LN + SQ 42 - $55 (you save $10. The Aurora LN game package at this time is no longer sold on RSI's website. To get this package in particular for it's cheapest price point from RSI, you would need to buy the $60 Mustang Alpha Star Citizen + Squadron 42 Combo pack, plus an additional $5 Aurora LN upgrade, which totals for $65)
      2. PACKAGE - F7C-M SUPER HORNET + SQ 42 - $205 (you save $5)
      3. PACKAGE - 325A + SQ 42 - $95 (you save $5)

Thank you for visiting my Store and I will be glad to see you again:)

• By D0lph1N
      Hello, Citizens! And welcome to 🐬 D0lph1N's Mini Mart 🐬  !
      Terms & Conditions
      Buyer must be PayPal verified. Please leave a comment before PMing!  Then send me PM containing ship name, your PayPal email and currency of invoice (USD or EUR).  Ship will be sent as a gift to the payer's PayPal email. If you're buying it to gift someone else, simply forward the letter to his email.  Claimed gift (after purchase) will be bounded to your account. Due to CIG gifting limitations I do not issue refunds once delivery has been successfully completed.  All prices include PayPal fees.  RSI Credits accepted at 75% rate for full or partial payment.  My timezone is GMT+3, so it could take a while before I'll reply.   
      💰 Special Offers
      Reopening sale
      Ship Insurance Original/CCU'd Price, USD Price, EUR Available? Merchantman LTI CCU'd $310 €273 Yes
      🚀 Standalone LTI ships:
      Bold-marked ships currently are not available in RSI store, but you still can buy it here.
      Ship Manufacturer Insurance  Type   Price, USD   Price, EUR   Available? Polaris RSI LTI Original $850 €750 Yes Prowler Esperia LTI Original $500 €440 Yes Genesis Crusader Industries LTI CCU'd $415 €365 Yes Constellation Phoenix RSI 4YI Original $435 €380 Yes Merchantman Banu LTI CCU'd $350 €308 Yes Carrack Anvil LTI CCU'd $350 €308 Yes Crucible Anvil LTI CCU'd $350 €308 Yes Reclaimer Aegis LTI CCU'd $350 €308 Yes Hull-D MISC LTI CCU'd $350 €308 Yes Endeavor MISC LTI CCU'd $350 €308 Yes Starfarer Gemini MISC LTI CCU'd $340 €299 Yes Starfarer MISC LTI CCU'd $300 €265 Yes Caterpillar Drake LTI CCU'd $295 €259 Yes Vanguard Harbinger Aegis LTI CCU'd $280 €247 Yes Retaliator Bomber Aegis LTI CCU'd $275 €242 Yes Constellation Aquila RSI LTI CCU'd $275 €242 Yes Vanguard Sentinel Aegis LTI CCU'd $265 €233 Yes Vanguard Warden Aegis 3YI Original $286 €252 Yes Vanguard Warden Aegis LTI CCU'd $250 €220 Yes Redeemer Aegis LTI CCU'd $250 €220 Yes Vanguard Hoplite Aegis LTI Original $270 €239 Yes Vanguard Hoplite Aegis LTI CCU'd $225 €199 Yes Constellation Andromeda RSI LTI CCU'd $225 €199 Yes Hull-C MISC LTI CCU'd $204 €180 Yes Terrapin Anvil LTI Original $240 €212 Yes Terrapin Anvil LTI CCU'd $204 €180 Yes Sabre Comet Aegis LTI Original $220 €194 Yes Sabre Comet Aeis LTI CCU'd $188 €166 Yes F7C Hornet Wildfire Anvil LTI Original $207 €182 Yes F7C Hornet Wildfire Anvil LTI CCU'd $183 €161 Yes Sabre Aegis LTI CCU'd $172 €152 Yes Khartu-Al Xi'An LTI CCU'd $175 €155 Yes F7C-M Super Hornet Anvil LTI CCU'd $183 €161 Yes Gladiator Anvil LTI CCU'd $167 €147 Yes Freelancer MIS MISC LTI CCU'd $167 €147 Yes Cutlass Blue Drake LTI CCU'd $161 €142 Yes Retaliator Base Aegis LTI CCU'd $150 €132 Yes Constellation Taurus RSI LTI CCU'd $150 €132 Yes Freelancer MAX MISC LTI CCU'd $142 €125 Yes Prospector MISC LTI CCU'd $148 €131 Yes Razor Origin LTI Original $159 €140 Yes Razor Origin LTI CCU'd $146 €129 Yes F7C-R Hornet Tracker Anvil LTI CCU'd $142 €125 Yes 350R Origin LTI CCU'd $140 €124 Yes F7C-S Hornet Ghost Anvil LTI CCU'd $130 €115 Yes Freelancer Dur MISC LTI CCU'd $130 €115 Yes Buccaneer Drake LTI CCU'd $117 €104 Yes Cutlass Red Drake LTI CCU'd $126 €111 Yes Gladius Valiant Anvil LTI Original $144 €127 Yes Gladius Valiant Anvil LTI CCU'd $117 €103 Yes F7C Hornet Anvil LTI CCU'd $117 €103 Yes Freelancer MISC LTI CCU'd $117 €103 Yes M50 Origin LTI CCU'd $109 €96 Yes Cutlass Black Drake LTI CCU'd $109 €96 Yes Hull B MISC LTI CCU'd $100 €88 Yes Gladius Aegis LTI CCU'd $100 €88 Yes Herald Drake LTI CCU'd $99 €88 Yes Reliant News Van MISC LTI CCU'd $99 €88 Yes Avenger Warlock Aegis LTI CCU'd $99 €88 Yes Avenger Titan Renegade Aegis LTI Original $101 €89 Yes Avenger Titan Renegade Aegis LTI CCU'd $89 €79 Yes Reliant Sen (Researcher) MISC LTI CCU'd $89 €79 Yes Reliant Kore MISC LTI CCU'd $79 €70 Yes Reliant Skirmisher MISC LTI CCU'd $79 €70 Yes Hull A MISC LTI CCU'd $75 €66 Yes 85x Origin LTI Original $70 €62 Yes 85x Origin LTI CCU'd $66 €59 Yes Dragonfly Black Drake LTI Original $55 €49 Yes Dragonfly Yellowjacket Drake LTI Original $55 €49 Yes MPUV Cargo Argo LTI Original $55 €49 Yes
       🎁 Game packages (Star Citizen + Squadron 42):
      Package Insurance   Price, USD   Price, EUR   Available? Package - 300i 4m $69 €63 Yes Package - 315p 4m $80 €72 Yes Package - Avenger 6m $80 €72 Yes Package - 325a 4m $85 €77 Yes Package - Freelancer 6m $133 €120 Yes Package - F7C-M Super Hornet 6m $191 €172 Yes Package - Constellation Taurus - Digital 6m $212 €191 Yes Package - UEE Exploration Pack - LTI (Carrack, Terrapin, Dragonfly, SC, SQ42, VFG Industrial) LTI $575 €518 Yes  
      🛠 Add-ons, BUKs, hangar decorations & other stuff - TBD
      🔧 Ship upgrades:
      Target ship Base ship Price, USD   Price, EUR Buccaneer Cutlass Black $20 €18 Carrack Starfarer Gemini $20 €18 Carrack Starfarer $67 €61 Carrack Constellation Aquila $95 €86 Caterpillar Retaliator Bomber $35 €32 Crucible Constellation Aquila $95 €86 Crucible Starfarer Gemini $20 €18 Dragonfly Yellowjacket Mustang Alpha $15 €14 Freelancer MIS Taurus $25 €23 Gladiator Taurus $25 €23 Hull C Taurus $70 €63 Khartu-Al Freelancer MAX $40 €36 Merchantman Constellation Andromeda $150 €135 Origin M50 Gladius $20 €18 Retaliator Bomber Redeemer $40 €36 Retaliator Bomber Vanguard Sentinel $20 €18 Sabre Super Hornet $15 €14 Sabre Gladiator $15 €14 Sabre Taurus $35 €332 Starfarer Gemini Constellation Aquila $85 €77 Super Hornet Taurus $45 €41 Terrapin Khartu-Al $40 €36 Terrapin Taurus $62 €56 Vanguard Hoplite Constellation Taurus $95 €86 Vanguard Warden Constellation Andromeda $40 €36 Warlock 325a $27 €25  
    • By Arrowfaster
      Hi guys,
      First of all I am so glad that I found this place. I was heartbroken to see the official Star Citizen forums go because the new spectrum is such a mess, especially regarding ship discussions. So I am hoping you can help me with my problem. I am planning to get my hands on the Polaris (I already own the Cutlass Blue, Gladiator and CCU from Gladiator to Super Hornet, Reedemer, Reclaimer, Crucible and double Noxes).  I am more or less done when it comes to buying new ships because I think I got everything I need except I got one problem.
      What do you think what ship should I get to be the designated scanning ship in the hangar bay of the Polaris?
        From what I understand Idris will have great scanners and Polaris will have tough time sneaking up on it unless it uses some sort of scanning ship. I was debating between Herald, Hornet Tracker, 315P, and Terrapin.

Each one of them has it's own problems that are bothering me:
      1) Herald: I am not sure does Herald even got any advantage over other ships when it comes to scanning? I mean it is supposed to be hacking and info runner ship I am not sure does it have any sort of specialized scanning equipment :S
      2) 315P: My buddy owns one so I guess we could use that. What bothers me is how strong are it's scanners compared to other ships?
      3) Hornet Tracker: I own a Gladiator and I got a CCU to Super Hornet. I was planning on using it and then just strap on the Tracker gear on top of the Super hornet. I wasn't able to figure out what exactly is the Hornet Trackers role... does it do long range scanning vs other ships and how effective is it at that? I read something about Tracker allowing other ships to achieve faster lock and detect stealthy ship etc. etc. but all I really want is a long range ship scanner
        4) Terrapin: From what I read Terrapin is supposed to be the dedicated stealth long range scanner and seems like the best choice but what bothers me is it's price tag... I don't feel like getting rid of my Gladiator (or Super Hornet CCU) to get it.
        5) Gladiator: I own it and I heard some speculations that it might receive some modularity. I am not sure are those just rumors but if we could strap on a powerful radar on sensors on it Gladiator would be a bit more versatile.
        So what do you think? Do you think that getting Tracker gear on the Super Hornet is a viable option to serve as a scout for the Polaris (that would be the cheapest bet for me) or should I look into other scanning ships from the list?