Anime?

JoshTheReaper

Not a hardcore anime fan, but I have watched and enjoyed. -garu Lagan (about a boy who mines day after day, eventually he finds a robot he can pilot, Sorry if I missed spelled it, it's been a while.

Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann, some words like this stick with me like Bakemonogatari.  I can just spell it without looking it up and neither were especially significant to me.  Strange how the human mind works.  

Wow, lots of people watching anime, nice!! :) If you guys like space opera with awesome artwork, check out Spaceship Yamato 2199. It's a remake of the classic, so the story is the same, but everything is done waaayy better than in the original.

Is anyone into comedy anime? I've seen quite a few but now I'm running low on good ones to start watching. If you guys have some that you thought was really good, please do tell :) 

thx LightMonk, i've already heard about the first one but haven't got around to checking it out. Have you seen Senyuu? The episodes are really short but they were crazy funny.

More:

#11- Law of Inherent Combustibility- Everything explodes. Everything. 
First Corollary- Anything that explodes bulges first. 
Second Corollary- Large cities are the most explosive substances known to 
human science. Tokyo in particular seems to be the most unstable of these cities, 
sometimes referred to as "The Matchstick City".

#12- Law of Phlogistatic Emission- Nearly all things emit light from fatal wounds.

#13- Law of Energetic Emission- There is always an energy build up (commonly 
referred to as an energy "bulge") before Mecha or space craft weapons fire. Because 
of the explosive qualities of weapons, it is believed that this is related to the 
Law of Inherent Combustibility.

#14- Law of Inverse Lethal Magnitude- The destructive potential of any 
object/organism is inversely proportional to its mass. 
First Corollary- Small and cute will always overcome big and ugly. Also 
known as the A-Ko phenomenon.

#15- Law of Inexhaustibility- No one *EVER* runs out of ammunition. That is of 
course unless they are cornered, out-numbered, out-classed, and unconscious.

#16- Laws of Inverse Accuracy- The accuracy of a "Good Guy" when operating any form 
of firearm increases as the difficulty of the shot increases. The accuracy of the 
"Bad Guys" when operating firearms decreases when the difficulty of the shot 
decreases. (Also known as the Stormtrooper Effect) Example: A "Good Guy" in a 
drunken stupor being held upside down from a moving vehicle will always hit, and 
several battalions of "Bad Guys" firing on a "Good Guy" standing alone in the middle 
of an open field will always miss. 
First Corollary- The more "Bad Guys" there are, the less likely they will 
hit anyone or do any real damage. 
Second Corollary- Whenever a "Good Guy" is faced with insurmountable odds, 
the "Bad Guys" line up in neat rows, allowing the hero to take them all out with a 
single burst of automatic fire and then escape. 
Third Corollary- Whenever a "Good Guy" is actually hit by enemy fire, it is 
in a designated "Good Guy Area", usually a flesh wound in the shoulder or arm, 
which restricts the "Good Guy" from doing anything more strenuous than driving, 
firing weaponry, using melee weapons, operating heavy machinery, or doing complex 
martial arts maneuvers. 
*Fourth Corollary- The more times the "Bad Guy" fires, the fewer times he 
will hit.

#17- Law of Transient Romantic Unreliability- Minimei is a bimbo. (Note: The 
Minority Opposition in Ohio disagrees and thinks all men who like this stuff needs 
to get out more.)

#18- Law of Hemoglobin Capacity- the human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, 
sometimes more, under high pressure.

#19- Law of Demonic Consistency- Demons and other supernatural creatures have at 
least three eyes, loads of fangs, tend to be yellow-green or brown, but black is not 
unknown, and can only be hurt by bladed weapons. *Also, acid has been known to work 
just as well...

#20- Law of Militaristic Unreliability- Huge galaxy-wide armadas, entire armies, and 
large war machines full of cruel, heartless, bloodthirsty warriors can be stopped 
and defeated with a single insignificant example of a caring/loving emotion or a 
song. 
First Corollary- Whenever a single war machine (mecha, starship, etc.) goes 
up against an entire army, the army always loses.

Edited by Gremlich