Will a GTX 760 be powerful enough to run SC on high quality?

zerkerz

Lets just say when the minimum to run just the hangar is a GTX 460, I have a 560ti and it is on it's knees with more than one ship in the hangar. Your 760 would do fine in the hangar at 1080p and probably okay in the game itself. I for one am waiting till the game launches to buy a current gen card then, but hopefully they will have some clever level of detail management and such to make the game run smoother when there's many ships and people around. 

TL;DR yes a 760 should be fine for medium.

I would not advice to buy an Titan right now tbh. :)

I might wait so it drop in price since ive heard titan ultra comming might drop the price on the titan. But i will be able to play in full HQ then? EDIT: Sorry scimmed text thought you said buy it now :P EDIT: I will wait for the dogfighting module to come out before i buy card.

I might wait so it drop in price since ive heard titan ultra comming might drop the price on the titan. But i will be able to play in full HQ then?

Not sure which card, but there is one or one inc that CR has said will be able to run the full game on max settings.

I own the 760 and it has been able to run the hanger with 4 ships on high. How it will translate to the game, worst case I have to bump down a setting :(  But I believe it will be a safe card to use imo

I concur with this. My 760 is able to do hanger on high @ 1920 rez just fine. By the time the game comes out, I'll try to pick up another 760 to SLI.

I think medium on 1920x1080 is more likely.

I have a 770 and I think I'll probably be able to play on high, but not max until I get my SLI setup. I currently don't need it, and will not be getting it until close to launch.

Agree too that :D 

There is a new AMD card about to be officially announced this wednesday that is almost half the price of a titan 500-600 range and actually outperforms the titan in 8/10 benchmarks so I'd wait and see more about that.

As someone who personally hates AMD as I've had horrible luck with their CPU's and GPU's this is great news as there is finally competition for the titan so with the Ultra titan coming out the prices should drop on the Regular Titan and the 780 to compete with AMD.

Yeah the Titan is just terrible for the price. It's gaming performance is terrible, you'd be better with a GTX690 or GTX780. However as some other people have mentioned, I would wait until Star Citizen is closer to release to buy a GPU. Q3 or Q4 2014 would be a good time to buy I think, that's when I'm going to be buying one.

Isn't next nvidia series due in Feb or similar? 760 sli should be fine, enough memory on that. A single 760 might handle around medium in all situations and high in smaller spaces like the hangar. (even tho some hangars are huge.)

Yeah the Titan is just terrible for the price. It's gaming performance is terrible, you'd be better with a GTX690 or GTX780. However as some other people have mentioned, I would wait until Star Citizen is closer to release to buy a GPU. Q3 or Q4 2014 would be a good time to buy I think, that's when I'm going to be buying one.

Have you guys all put a really good card in a really crappy system or something? I have a GTX660Ti in my system and it's running the hangar module (which i believe is far from optimized) on highest settings @ 1080p with a pretty good framerate (didn't use FRAPS or anything, just by eye).

From some benchmarks i've seen the GTX760 outperforms the GTX660, and before the release of the game i am betting it will be optimized quite a bit more, so i am guessing you could get good enough performance with a GTX760 in a good system when the game is released.

Now as for it being wise to get a new graphics card right now, is a different story.

I doubt the dogfighting module will be much more optimized than the hangar module is, so my guess is you'd need a better card to get the most out of it, than the final game specs would require.

Also by the time the game is released we might be at the GTX9xx series for all we know and if your current card is good enough for the current games, i'd see no reason to upgrade now.

Also i wouldn't even think about SLI unless i was planning on running multiple monitors, for which i don't have the space so that's not going to be happening anytime soon.