Welcome to Star Citizen Base

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The next Imperium Game Day will be on December 17th @ 16:00-04:00 UTC

Gallitin

Release Date for Alpha

So I thought originally Alpha would be in 18 months. Now I'm hearing 12 months. Is there a estimated month or day for it yet that you guys have seen?

Yeah that's where I saw 12 months but didn't know if there was a more specific date yet on the forums from a device or anything that I may have missed?

The question that Still floats around is when does the countdown for the 12 month alpha start? At the end of the Funding Campaign, or 10/10/10?

I think its more like a "When its done™" than a specific date. Programming things a very complicated and reaching a exact date in twelve months would need a hell of a lot management. I guess Chris is saving all the struggle and devs away his things until they are done the way he wants.

One way or the other, I am looking forward to the Alpha, I am looking more forward to the Whole thing, but thats longer down the road!

It should be done properly, I'd rather wait an extra month for a few less game breaking bugs. I'm not sure how many of the people that pledged will understand that the alpha will not be the finished game. So the alpha should actually be a developed beta instead. But time will tell.

I've heard it's supposed to be Q4 this year ..? Can anyone else confirm?

I also heard Q4 or Q1 of next year.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rellim
      https://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/comm-link//15320-Star-Citizen-Alpha-240
      https://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/comm-link//15334-Star-Citizen-Alpha-240g
      THE NDA IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT FOR THIS BUILD. LIVESTREAMING AND SHARING OF SCREENSHOTS ARE NOW ALLOWED.
      Testing Goals:
      Persistence is now in the game!! We'll now save your character between game sessions with data on Alpha UEC, Item Purchases, Hangar Configurations, Ship Loadouts, Character Loadouts, Crusader Reputation, and Ship Ammo and Missiles (Crusader only). New outlaw and bounty hunter missions! New control schemes!  Try out Alpha UEC and Shopping! Port Modifications. This is still under development. Reliant Base is hangar ready... and the Starfarer Gemini is flight ready! Much, much more... we encourage everyone to jump into Discord for more information. Star Citizen Patch v2.4.0
      Star Citizen Alpha 2.4.0g 

Below some pictures from this and earlier patches

Updated keyboard shortcuts:

• By Sir3N
      Selling my SC Account complete with
      - Retaliator Bomber LTI
      - Advanced Hunter LTI upgraded with Sabre LTI (Alpha access, Squadron42, and more)
      - tons of rewards
      (100M Reward - 2943 War Bond, 56M Reward - J-Span Cryo-Star Cooler, 55M Reward - Preacher Armament Inquisition XXII Gatling, 52M Reward - BB-12 Manned Maneuvering Unit, 49M Reward - Xi’An Space Plant, 47M Reward - Engine Tuning Kit, 45M Reward - Hadesian Artifact, 42M Reward - Explorer-Class MobiGlas Rig, 23 Million Reward, Space Globes, Christmas 2014 reward!, December 2014 Backer Reward, Omni Role Combat Armor (ORC) mk9, UEE Towel, 17 Million reward Contains: Mystery engine modifier, 20 Million reward Fishtank Mark 1, 19 Million Reward Jane’s Fighting Ships style manual)
      - 240$ Store credit!!
      - Buy back Options!! ->
      (Standalone Ship - Kruger P-72 Archimedes - LTI, Standalone Ship - Anvil Carrack - Anniversary, Standalone Ship - Hull B - Anniversary 2015, Standalone Ship - Endeavor Hope-Class - LTI, Standalone Ship - Endeavor Discovery-Class - LTI, Add-Ons - Biodome Pod - LTI, Add-Ons - Landing Bay - LTI, Standalone Ship - Origin 890 JUMP - LTI, Standalone Ship - Aegis Reclaimer - LTI, F7C-M Super Hornet - LTI, F7C-S Hornet Ghost - LTI, Specter - LTI, Pathfinder - LTI, Aegis Dynamics Avenger - LTI, RSI Aurora LN - LTI, RSI Aurora LN Upgrade, RSI Aurora MR)

Account was created in August 30, 2013
      Total worth of account 675$
      Selling it for a total Price of 600$ (with trowaway E-Mail)
      I Accept verified Paypal! Please send me a PM and let me know!

Cheers Sir3N.    
    • By JudasM
      I've upgraded very rare package to KHARTU-AL.
      Aeroview Hangar
      Starting Money: 1,000 UEC
      Lifetime Insurance
      Legacy Alpha
      Squadron 42 Digital Download
      Star Citizen Digital Download
      Digital Star Citizen Manual
      Verified Paypal Only
      Price 190$USD