Retaliator cost

Warpman

None knows of this since it is a limited ship. If they sell it again (which they might) it will probably not be with LTI. 250 dollars. Go ahead and ask to buy one from support tho and they might sell one to you. I bought 3 idrises, retaliators and other stuff after the time ran out from them.

None knows of this since it is a limited ship. If they sell it again (which they might) it will probably not be with LTI. 250 dollars. Go ahead and ask to buy one from support tho and they might sell one to you. I bought 3 idrises, retaliators and other stuff after the time ran out from them.

Did you buy those Idrises at the same price with LTI?

Doesn't have the M also the fighter bay?

I thought so too. From what I see here, they stripped off the rail gun and spinal mount that had the anti-ship missiles and 'replace' it with cargo space and speed (which is simply a result of the removed weaponry and the missile loading bay having been cleaned out). So I don't see why this would justify the increased price. For that money, you'd be better off buying an Idris-M and spending the extra $250 on loading up your launch bay with fighters or something.

That's why I find it strange. They strip the ship of the most potent weaponry and then ask for a higher price. If anything the Idris-P should cost $250 less because of that from my perspective. The 'increased cargo hold' is just a result of the automated missile loading bay no longer being present.

So I don't grasp the logic behind it, nor why anyone would buy an Idris-P for $1250 if they could get an Idris-M plus bonus Retaliator (or something else worth $250) for the same price. :P

Posted Image

So I don't grasp the logic behind it, nor why anyone would buy an Idris-P for $1250 if they could get an Idris-M plus bonus Retaliator (or something else worth $250) for the same price. :P

The logic behind it is that the Idris was supposed to be a very limited ship sold only during the first 24 hour livestream (and sold out pretty damn quick if i recall correctly), and the people who pledged for it would probably get pissed if they simply offered it again for the same price and the same specs....that's why they decided to create the Idris-P which would be worse spec-wise but still cost more, to keep the people who got the original Idris (now called the Idris-M) from feeling ripped off.

People seem to quickly forget that the Idris P and M are both limited and will probably not be for sale again so talking about the ship prices as if they are still for sale ( and while disregarding the reason for the price difference in the first place) is moot.

I personally would not mind if for instance they made the Vanduul Scythe available again, but i'm betting a lot of people would be outraged if that ship didn't get a higher price but worse weapons like they did with the Idris.

For all i care they make all ships available one last time just before the end of LTI deadline, give me a chance to get that 350r i missed out on, but if not due to some people getting offended or whatever, i'll get one in game....it's all good =)

I too was able to buy an Idris-M after the deadline passed.  Basically you ask to be put on a list and when one of the 100 that was sold is reclaimed for a refund or RSI credit they sell that one to the next person on the list.  At this point the list is quite long but it might be possible to still acquire one prior to launch.  In addition the ships still come with LTI because they were originally sold with it and you are essentially buying what they returned, no changes.

As far as the difference between the Idris-M and Idris-P, my understanding is that the P has a stripped down weapon loadout in exchange for a larger cargo capacity.  100 (M) vs 120 (P).  The real perk of the Idris-M is that it will not be possible to just buy military grade versions of ships in game.  The P will be available with the right amount of credits but the M, which has an upgraded reactor, railgun and ship to ship turret won't be purchasable by just walking into a dealership.  In addition having the LTI on the ship is an added bonus for both hulls.  I am still not certain if the LTI covers the hull or if it includes the stock loadout.

No.

Yes actually.  Both version of the Idris have a fighter bay for up to 3 single seat fighters.  This was recently confirmed by the devs.  The only difference between the two versions are the default weapons, reactor and cargo space.  I am not sure where the rumor was started that only one version supports fighters...

both of them can carry 3 fighters..

idris m is more on ship to ship combat and p is more a traders ship.....

idris m you cannot buy it in the game with the weapons she have now..

there is 100 idris m and 200 idris p....so far..

the choice is yours and the waiting list is very big..

am on the list for an idris m from 3 of semptember and still no news....

still long time waiting is the first time in my life that i have check so many times a day my email...lol