I'm new...but kinda old

BigBrutal64

I learned how to air cool from my race car......I've had since 1972.

Elysium Super tower has got a lot of places for fans...placement is the key--plus I have the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler.....much better than people know.

3770 is not a real big OCer ...maybe 4.5 to 4.7 but it is doable once you get the heat undercontrol 

Welcome!

I'm using a Silverstone Raven RV01 atm. The vertical installation of the mainboard and airstream was the only possibility to get the heat down on my GTX570.

Really nice stats btw, but a WAY nicer car. ;)

Welcome!

I'm using a Silverstone Raven RV01 atm. The vertical installation of the mainboard and airstream was the only possibility to get the heat down on my GTX570.

Really nice stats btw, but a WAY nicer car. ;)

Good cooler

I worked with fan placement for a week on my extra large case. Finally got the temps where I wanted them.

Yea...I've had the Vette since 1972...lasted way longer than any woman...and less work also...lol

Welcome!

I see you do signatures........I am great with hardware...not so great with software---but I hold my own. Would love to have one of these really cool signatures.

As soon as I get time, I may try to make one.

I'm really into the 300 series Origins..kind of reminds me of my vette

What is really sad, there was a time 8 of us that used to hack programs ---1990s---and make them our own......we even took the game Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe and made 3 different games out of it. The best part Lucas Arts did not care at all. Now I just bounce around hoping I get the program right....lol

I see you do signatures........I great with hardware...not so get with software---but I hold my own. Would love to have one of these really cool signatures.

As soon as I get time, I may try to make one.

I'm really into the 300 series Origins..kind reminds me of my vette

if you want me to make you one just post a request, i would love to make a cool one for you!

I just wanted to say something here.

I have been a great many things in my life...Bouncer, Body Guard, Computer Tech, woman chaser --didn't get married till I was 58. I even tried to go to College --actually I tried five--- for a while I wanted to be a Doctor...till they kicked me out. That is just to name a few things I've tried..

I am not a joiner by any figment of the imagination.

But I like what I see here...you guys have made me feel welcome.......that is a nice feeling...thanks

Welcome Brutal. I hope you will help me build a good gaming rig in the coming months. :)

I been building Computers since 1991. The first thing to do is figure the MOST money you can spend......the rest is fairly easy.

I have been doing a lot of testing lately......I can tell you what I feel is the best you can build with money you have.

If you want the best mother boards...at this point in time, cost --best bang-- is the X79 board with a 2011 mount. 

Some may argue.....but cost and effect is best with this board.

Exactly what I am thinking :)

The only problem is I don't know which component is best in performance/price.

Give me a honest price of what you want to spend.....it is always best to put the MOST money in the MOB, CPU and GPU.

Just give me an honest answer of your price range and I'll give you the what I think are the best components for that money. 

You will get some other options ...but a lot of this I have tested at one time or another....over the last year.

If I can't answer you with any certainty I'll try and find the answer for you or send you where you can get an answer.

Over Clocking is very real and part of building a great computer...do not be afraid of it

I'm going under the assumption that the rig you want is for SC....now we can think in up-gradable steps...but will cost you more in the long run.

If you want a GOOD middle ground Rig that can be done also.......The new Haswell 1155 CPUs are out...but for the price range an i7 2011 Sandy Bridge i3820 are still  just about as fast but is more upgradable

You can ask what ever questions you want ...not a problem

There will be other opinions from people ...by all means weight in their thoughts....but I will counter if I feel they are not on the right track...OK?

Now if any MODERATORS are reading this...maybe we should think of moving this to another more suitable Forum Section.