Marine Weapons. . .

RoboBarbarian

I believe having a large selection of armors and weapons especially for boarding to be a good idea. Not all races use the same technology so having energy resistant armor for energy based weapons would be suitable. Down side is if they switch up armaments to say projectile weaponry, energy based armor would have very little effect.

• 4 weeks later...

in games, I enjoy tossing the odd grenade, or setting a claymore and seeing body parts fly out into the hallway. but timing a grenade toss to take out thrusters, guns or a cockpit would be pretty amazing...I'll bet I can throw far in space...and having someone pound my heavily shielded ship while I slip out and destroy their guns with a grenade or bomb would be satisfying beyond description

Well, take into account that you want all your equipment to function in a vacuum. That means most regular weapons can be thrown straight out the door; standard solid projectile weapons need oxygen to fire, so that either means mass-drivers that work with heat and energy cells to magnetically fling slugs at your foe in the vein of Mass Effect, or weapons with incoporated oxygen cells in their ammunition. Unfortunately, that kills off most fire and chemical weapons, who would be nothing but glorified clubs in the void. Grenades, sure, but mainly shrapnel-based (as they usually are) and with an oxygen reservoir to make 'em pop in the first place. Personally, I prefer solid projectile weapons vastly, but it may be that a simple Star Wars-type blaster rifle that works on voodoo magic-science is actually more reliable in such a combat situation. As for close combat, I an totally see the use of a modified ice-pick/axe the marines would use to while climbing the hull, or to grab onto should the deck be spaced while they're inside, and avoid getting sucked out. As for armour, minimum should be a full voidsuit with magnetic boots. I can also really see a small jetpack do wonders for the bulkier suits.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see some kind of Mech or something like that ,that can go into spaceship and damage for example the lights! I would be happy if there are some robotic organism like in Star Wars III at the beginning that are destroying Obi Wan's ship form the outside! That would be cool!

I would say that the Military branch has the marines for defensive and attacking operations with general issue assault rifles, all the same weapons and uniform. Makes us look professional. We could designate special weapons like a shotgun to certain squads of 6 men or so that are taking on a more specialized role.

Just brainstorming here :)

I would say that the Military branch has the marines for defensive and attacking operations with general issue assault rifles, all the same weapons and uniform. Makes us look professional. We could designate special weapons like a shotgun to certain squads of 6 men or so that are taking on a more specialized role.

Just brainstorming here :)

That would be awesome! But we have to wait for more informations about character costumisation! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope that the weapons do good looking damage to the inside of the ship that is appropriate. The outside is supposed to have great battle damage so I am hoping we do not just get bullet holes and burn marks on the inside. I would like to see broken screens, maybe even small pinpoint decompressions and such.

I hope that the weapons do good looking damage to the inside of the ship that is appropriate. The outside is supposed to have great battle damage so I am hoping we do not just get bullet holes and burn marks on the inside. I would like to see broken screens, maybe even small pinpoint decompressions and such.

as long as my sidearm can take out an AI internal defense turret, I'll be happy as a clam ;)

Personally....even if I never have to use it, I love the idea of keeping a weapons rack in the back of my 300i in case of boarding actions, or even just if I happen to enter a pirate-riddled space station and need to keep myself covered. I think it would really add to the feeling of being a single soldier in a universe full of danger.

Personally....even if I never have to use it, I love the idea of keeping a weapons rack in the back of my 300i in case of boarding actions, or even just if I happen to enter a pirate-riddled space station and need to keep myself covered. I think it would really add to the feeling of being a single soldier in a universe full of danger.

You want an antler gun rack hanging behind your seat?  :P

You want an antler gun rack hanging behind your seat?  :P

Dey tuk ur jubs!

• 3 months later...

Just thinking - without an atmosphere and gravity to stop them, explosive weapons in space - the shrapnel's gonna keep going...and going and going and going and going... Also - the $16 Million pledge has been confirmed to include laser pistols for all previous backers.