Retaliator owners?

Khrull

It appears that one ship shows the dorsal (top) side, and the other the ventral (bottom) side, but I cannot tell which is which. :huh:

This is purely my best guess, but I believe that the foreground image is the ventral side, I say this because of the air intakes which are normally mounted underneath, and the large tailfins, which (if the background one were the bottom side) would scrape on the ground unless it had really long legs. Also, there appears to be a cockpit about 1/6th of the way along on the background, when there are turrets visible on the foreground one. I could be wrong though, please don't anyone hesitate to point out any flaws with my very brief, first glance analysis :)

Watched the live show, the retaliator looks great! But hope that more details is coming soon, and theres a new package called advanced hunter. Should i change arbitor package to that? :) i got a retaliator and the arbitor package, sorry for off topic  :P

Hmm another question: I got the Freelancer package, if i buy a retaliator now, do i need to purchase a luxuary hangar in addition to park the ship somewhere? The size should be too big for the business hangar as it seems.

Starting hangar size both in the hangar module now and for PU starting hangar later will never be too small to fit your largest pledge ship.

So larger starting hangar comes for free with larger ship.

Even if the new hangar ain't mentioned with the pledge? Good to know, thanks.

The Retaliator is definatly a ship for Combat Ops. Planned attacks on distant locations.

It is definatly not a ship for explorers. I would like to see a new ship specifically for Explorers. so far all we have is the Freelancer.

Not sure why just the freelancer.  300 series, Connie, Cutlass blablabla? Connie is not meant for dogfighting combat etc, its probably more "Scary"than it actually can hurt dogfighters but since its got nice thrusters, the accel should be good enough to get away from some. Slow cannons and stuff.

(First post for me, so hi! Just getting back into town a few days ago)

I'm torn about this ship, I wish there were more details.

Granted, I tried to watch the livestream last night and that of course was a mistake, plan on watching the full segment today at work :)

I'm quite anxious to see how hard 12 rocket hardpoints and 5 turrets hit someone in the face. :D

But i guess it's gonna be quite a lumbering thing comparted to the constellation. While the constellation has 8 TR3 maneuvering trusters, the retaliator only has 8 TR2's.

The main Thrusters may even be weaker with 5 TR5's compared to 4 TR6's.

I'm quite anxious to see how hard 12 rocket hardpoints and 5 turrets hit someone in the face. :D

But i guess it's gonna be quite a lumbering thing comparted to the constellation. While the constellation has 8 TR3 maneuvering trusters, the retaliator only has 8 TR2's.

The main Thrusters may even be weaker with 5 TR5's compared to 4 TR6's.

Take all of the Retaliator's previous stats with a huge grain of salt... the thrusters and engines have a 99.9% chance of being changed since they do not match what is on the ship itself. Same for the dimensions, using the docking port for scale we can see it is considerably longer than the constellation, despite the stats not indicating such.