Oculus Rift

vahadar

Will you go Oculus rift with SC?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Will you go Oculus rift with SC?

• definitly !
    • i prefer flat screen
    • depends on its price

When I play a tri-monitor setup, it takes me about 1-2 minutes to adjust to the screen moving and the wall not moving on the sides. I start to get that sick feeling slightly but it fades away fast and I am good. Then one I stop, i repeat the process again as my brain adjust back to normal.

I think the rift will not even have this as its enclosed so you only see what your meant to see.

yeah, I think this'll be the greatest advantage, it's enclosed so you don't see anything else,

it's funny at CeBit there was a booth with a similar product, it looked more like white sunglasses but the demo you could try out looked the same, you put on the glasses and you could walk around a yacht (or something) with headtracking and everything

my biggest concern with the rift is if it'll sit comfortable when wearing glasses

yeah, I think this'll be the greatest advantage, it's enclosed so you don't see anything else,

it's funny at CeBit there was a booth with a similar product, it looked more like white sunglasses but the demo you could try out looked the same, you put on the glasses and you could walk around a yacht (or something) with headtracking and everything

my biggest concern with the rift is if it'll sit comfortable when wearing glasses

I think I saw that on their objective list.  You wouldn't switch to contact lenses for OR?

I'm pretty sure I won't be using these... I tend to sit down for a gaming session and always play for 3+ hours and I think Marshal Afghanicus nailed it when he spoke about eye-strain.

There's a massive difference between getting used ot three screens and not having the lighting discrepancy between the screens and a lightsource behind them (which is the ideal way to avoid eye-strain).

I read a lot, and am on a computer pretty much permanently, and know how badly is can shaft your eyesight if you don't take breaks, or change your focal distance regularly :(

I read a lot, and am on a computer pretty much permanently, and know how badly is can shaft your eyesight if you don't take breaks, or change your focal distance regularly :(

Who needs far vision when you have an Oculus Rift?  That's your eyes talkin', son.  Say they're proud of ya. :D

Definitely want to try one of these out! Been wanting something like this since I was young- and now it's almost here!

Needing a PC upgrade as well though...I get the feeling that the Star Citizen launch is going to be an expensive month!

I've been playing other games lately and wondering why I can't just turn my head to see everything else.

Agreed, i've noticed a lot of potential recently. I think it's certainly got more potential than the whole 3D gaming thing, which as fun as it is when it's done well, feels like a bit of a gimmick.

Sorry it took me so long to reply (busy busy).  The settings I was recommending to see if you get motion sick is for a regular monitor.  I don't know much about the peripheral vision thing, I just know an fov above 65  or 70 degrees makes me ill (and thousands of other people).  

• 3 weeks later...

I want one but i just afraid of all the hype that its going to suck and i made it a thing over the years about electronics. I dont like to get the first batch, definetly after ver 1 for sure just want to make sure all the bugs/kinks are delt with. But other tan that i want one sooo bad.

I plan to get one once they add a position sensor. 

I saw one review where it doesn't track your verticle position which I'd like to have for other games.  Sure the current package will work for Star Citizen but I plan to use it in other games too.