New Forum rule: LTI package gifting + selling/buying packages

Naros

Well good call, its best we nip it in the bud before it gets started in the first place, especially when this is not sanctioned by CIG. We wouldn't want the mess and arguments on this issue from the RSI forums ending up here instead in SCB.

I'm not a fan of "reselling" myself...nor datamining (ie, FB likes, Twitter spamming, etc). They need to do something though for people who legitimately want to invigorate the community. There are those of us with more money than sense, as the saying goes, who have bought everything they currently want  :)

Ben is going to get back to me on my entirely free activity. I haven't crossed any lines yet, but why is it so hard to spend $500 of my money with no personal gain because I love the game >_<

Idiots like that 7ash guy or whatever and those who do raffles with datamining agreed, diaf! I want to buy ships to give away and now it's like a stigmatism because of too many asshats who did it with the intent of personal financial gain.. >_>

Right now as far as I understand this rule does not include raffles and other giveaway competitions.

But if you post something like this we will read/discuss it, and if we think it's a scam then it will be deleted, this has happend before. People don't get free tickets for scams just because there is no explicite rule.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi SCBase forums! I have been on here a while but not for a few months, I just wanted to check with you guys what your policy is about free LTI services? Are those allowed on these forums? A service that is free, no paypal or anything used only gifting / melting on official RSI site is used only. Just to help others out with LTI for free.

I understand if your policy is no to this kind of service as well but wanted to check before I linked / posted anything.

Been away for a few months from this site and looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Hi to all the Imperium peeps and Stoff I hope to see you flying my old IDRIS in game! Maybe you let me land on it occasionally? :P

Thanks and see you in the verse!  :)

We allow the service, but no advertisement of it. :) Hey by the way, TRON. :)

Ok thanks for letting me know :) Hey Stoff, nice to see you have been collecting a lot more ships since we last spoke, a very nice collection you have there! I am hoping to get a super hornet this weekend, just getting the last 25 dollars together by monday. I am jealous of your Retaliator and Idris lol. :P

Maybe I can do some exploration, scouting intel, merchanting etc for you in exchange for docking permissions on my old IDRIS? hehe A guys gota refuel and service his ship! 

See you in the verse!

Hehe, i am afraid you would have to bring that up with the owner of your old idris - rmpyro, an fellow swede. :) Me myself "upgraded / downgraded " depending of POV to an Idris M, but you may indeed dock there aswell if you ever want to do so. ^^ (Got the super hornet aswell, its awsome. 2x Gattling on top!) See you in the verse, Tron!

Hehe, i am afraid you would have to bring that up with the owner of your old idris - rmpyro, an fellow swede. :) Me myself "upgraded / downgraded " depending of POV to an Idris M, but you may indeed dock there aswell if you ever want to do so. ^^ (Got the super hornet aswell, its awsome. 2x Gattling on top!) See you in the verse, Tron!

You gave away my old IDRIS! I hope she is being treated well or I shall never forgive you! :P

Thanks for the docking permission Stoff! I shall definitely take you up on that when the game launches, I plan on spending a lot of time in deep space. :)

See you in the verse!

i know this may have been mentioned in the forum, but recently i went on eBay out of curiosity to search for "Star Citizen" and found out that there are people out there offering LTI.

once you pay them, it's bye bye money!

Ah, I read too late all this LTI stories. In fact, with my pledge I have only a 4 months insurance, and a guy told me that if I gift him, he sells the pledge for refund, gift me with the same pledge and I'll get lifetime insurance.

Sounds good, but I don't know this guy outside an italian forum, so... I'm still thinking!

You could also PM someone, in fact you all advertised LTI trading.

So once again

Advertisement of selling/LTI-gifting/buying of packages: This is not allowed. Any thread or post created for this purpose will be edited/removed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...