$15 Price increase for the Hurricane

tismoj

Hi,

Anybody noticed when the price for the hurricane had increased to $210? I generally try to keep tract of how often CIG does these things. Unfortunately, 3 out of 5 of my Hurricane to Ion WB CCUs was affected by this and its savings went down from $50 to $35 because of this. Last time I am sure that the price for the Hurricane was still $195 was last IAE.

Also based from my records it was still $195 last Jan, since there was a WB CCU sale for the Hurricane last Jan, in which I was particularly waiting for that to link those 3 out of 5 Hurricane to Ion WB CCUs but I've decided not to buy them then because the price for the Vulture was still unknown at that time since CIG took several months to get 3.18 to live. I decided not to buy them, just in case the price of the Vulture came so close that the only way to connect it to the hurricane is by directly connecting the vulture to the hurricane which can only be done after the vulture's price had gone up. Knowing now that the price of the vulture doesn't require connecting it directly to the hurricane, I wish I bought those WB CCUs back then.

I really hate this change by CIG since Feb 17'22 of the no longer having the prices locked in buy back, I just really think it is a greedy move from them. I mean come on we are spending our money (and for some to as a way to back CIG) by buying virtual ships from them, the least they could do is to let early backers the chance to repurchase melted CCUs at the same price, it's not like the ships aren't going to change once you bought them, the problem is the ships change over time so you can't be sure if you're still gonna be happy with it on game release, if it ever gets released.

thanks @Chimaera, how did you know when it jumped is there a website keeping track of the changes or something, I could make a web scraper but I’m just being lazy :) . About the increase I know they will eventually increase the ships but increasing this early with the release no way near for maybe more than 5yrs. Is just not justified

During the end of the year sale of all the ships in November  beginning of the year prior to Lunar Year Sale they mentioned that THAT would be the last time the Hurricane was sold at the 195 price.  It was mentioned that it was being brought up in value to mirror its competitor the Scorpius.  It does suck, since they didn't' even bring it up to gold standard, but they did warn us.  Sorry your CCU chain was affected. :(  

19 hours ago, tismoj said:

thanks @Chimaera, how did you know when it jumped is there a website keeping track of the changes or something, I could make a web scraper but I’m just being lazy :) . About the increase I know they will eventually increase the ships but increasing this early with the release no way near for maybe more than 5yrs. Is just not justified

I only know because the day before I unmelted one of my Taurus to Hurricane $5 CCUs. The next day that same CCU was $15.

9 hours ago, ChiefWarrant said:

During the end of the year sale of all the ships in November they mentioned that THAT would be the last time the Hurricane was sold at the 195 price. 

Do you have a web quote or spot on a video? Because I was paying attention during IAE and I didn't notice that.

9 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

I only know because the day before I unmelted one of my Taurus to Hurricane $5 CCUs. The next day that same CCU was $15.

Do you have a web quote or spot on a video? Because I was paying attention during IAE and I didn't notice that.

It wasn't IAE... it was the January sale when they had it for sale last.  Here's the link from CIG Zyloh announcement.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/anvil-hurricane-pledge-update-1

3 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

cancer-central.. i mean Spectrum.

LOL. Looks like every sale I’ll be checking out any mentions like that on Spectrum, thanks @ChiefWarrant for the info.

In case I notice any mentions like that, I’ll be sure to post it here so people can plan for their fleet, I for one wish I knew that. That makes me wonder if  CIG or Zyloh mentioned something similar before they increased the andromeda back then or was it an occasional thing