Superhornet questions

Stenim

I've had a superhornet for a long time and I loved it for a while but with the newer patches and flight model it's seems like it's been ignored and left in a bad state.  Almost every other ship i've tried is better out of the gate then it.  It has almost no shields, is slow as a brick and has less weapon hardpoints then most ships nowadays.  When it's upgraded with better parts, does it even compete with the other ships?  It's barely any more durable then light fighters like the arrow.  Is there any news or anything that the superhornet is getting reworked?  It doesn't seem like it's been touched for a long time and I am concerned this is going to be final state.  I wonder now if i should just swap it over to the scorpius or something else?

All ships are still in the process of being worked, balanced, and reworked. The SuperH itself has a dedicated group of folks who are pushing for it to actually BE a SuperH. I wouldn't give up on it yet. In Alpha meta =/= what will be the final end product. It's cheap to buy other ships in the alpha anyway, so I'd just hold onto it if you like it, and get some in-game ships to try out.

36 minutes ago, Stenim said:

I've had a superhornet for a long time and I loved it for a while but with the newer patches and flight model it's seems like it's been ignored and left in a bad state.  Almost every other ship i've tried is better out of the gate then it.  It has almost no shields, is slow as a brick and has less weapon hardpoints then most ships nowadays.  When it's upgraded with better parts, does it even compete with the other ships?  It's barely any more durable then light fighters like the arrow.  Is there any news or anything that the superhornet is getting reworked?  It doesn't seem like it's been touched for a long time and I am concerned this is going to be final state.  I wonder now if i should just swap it over to the scorpius or something else?

Personally, I plan to keep atleast one Superhornet for the F7A skin, as I dont know how that will work for sure. But in regards to performance, I think it will be updated eventually but alot of new shiny things are getting attention for now. I really like the Scorpius myself and on paper, it sounds really strong. Could always melt and get Scorpius , then melt scorpius back to super hornet I assume? =]

Physicalized Armor will have a big impact on the Hornets.  When will that be?  No idea.

Most of the fighters are easy to earn in game.  If you like the SuperHornet itself, I would keep it.

I personally prefer the Hurricane to the SuperHornet so moved off it a while back.

You are better off waiting and seeing before adding money because they are ignoring your ship.  I mean that could happen to any ship at any moment.

Hornets and especially super hornets are really bad in the current patch because of bugs (shield holes, front gimbal turret getting destroyed easily but still pumping capacitor...) and also because of how dogfight is currently balanced.

However, the hornet is still a good fighter even without it's gold pass. It is not in a very good place right now in the current meta for a lot of reasons, but i'm sure that as development progress, it will eventually be a good fighter again. We just have to wait for the overall dogfight rework, ship gold standard and components balance. It will take time tho so gotta be patient.

If i were you, i would keep the SH in the pledge and buy a gladius with aUEC. And if you do want to have a friend as a gunner, just buy a hurricane with aUEC as well. Both ships are really cheap at about 1.2 million each