Hi ya'll

Retic1959

Just wanted to introduce myself here . I'm an old Elite player , originally played it on a C-64 with wire frame graphics . I'm liking what I've seen so far in SC , do have some concerns about the game when it leaves alpha , my health issues dictate playing time for me so that means I can never be more than a casual player , maintaining a character may or may not become problematic for me . Guess time will tell . Just gonna enjoy it for now . Playing the Cutlass Black for now , Thinking about the Red version though .

Hello Retic1959,

What I like about star citizen is that even if you're only able to play a few hours a week you will still be able to play with your friends and Org mates.
There's no level or gear requirement keeping you from playing with other players, and  most large ships / organizations have a spot for every time zone and playstyle.

3 hours ago, BryGen said:

Hey Retic, yeah I'm really liking the cutlass black as well. Think the red version is already handy with the medical bed.

Good to see someone from the south on here . Just moved to Shreveport from New Orleans , after 60 years of dealing with it  , got tired of having my butt handed to me by hurricanes , Ida wore me out . Got a brother in Dallas , farely close to the border myself now , Jefferson TX ix about 35 miles from me . I did wind up going to the Cutlass Red , haven't decided which direction I'm gonna go with the game yet though , had my fill of mining in Elite , looking to do something different . Lot'sa possibilities with this game for sure . 

Small world, I got a brother in Lewisville.  Yeah cutlass red has been referred to as a food truck recently with its ability to quickly regen water & food, Handy for a large group doing a long enduring run or event. Just shows ya how the game creates roles for ships and play styles not even considered originally. 

We just did a mining event today where we had players in solo mining ships, and a few in larger multi crew mining ships, but also had players running around and scanning/finding lucrative rocks for the mining crews, some providing military protection, a food truck, and refuelers. And the occasional search and rescue to pick up a stranded pilot if they survived an ill fated ship wreck.

Lots of options! and all working together.

17 hours ago, BryGen said:

Small world, I got a brother in Lewisville.  Yeah cutlass red has been referred to as a food truck recently with its ability to quickly regen water & food, Handy for a large group doing a long enduring run or event. Just shows ya how the game creates roles for ships and play styles not even considered originally. 

We just did a mining event today where we had players in solo mining ships, and a few in larger multi crew mining ships, but also had players running around and scanning/finding lucrative rocks for the mining crews, some providing military protection, a food truck, and refuelers. And the occasional search and rescue to pick up a stranded pilot if they survived an ill fated ship wreck.

Lots of options! and all working together.

Food truck is a good description of the cutlass red , that's exactly how I've been using it . Hop in one of the medical beds to get topped off in a few seconds , no need to carry food or water or take my helmet off  and have to remember to put it back on .The ship is a convenience in that regard .