Laptop is underperforming, game cannot run smoothly.

Houffy

Hello, i'm new to the game and recently downloaded Star Citizen. This is my first post and hopefully not my last. I'm having a lot of issues with performance, everything should be optimized for this game within my laptop, including CPU usage, graphics are set to "High/Very High" in order to initiate that extra bit of CPU output, in-game overlay is off, graphics card is up-to-date yet the game is extremely choppy and I don't have this issue with other games. I don't know what to do, i've searched everywhere for a solution - youtube, forums, troubleshooting pages. 

Here are my laptops specs: 

Asus Rog G513QM - Windows 10 x64 bit

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060

SSD: 1TB

Ram: 32G

MyASUS 5_3_2022 2_04_55 PM.png

1 hour ago, Houffy said:

Hello, i'm new to the game and recently downloaded Star Citizen. This is my first post and hopefully not my last. I'm having a lot of issues with performance, everything should be optimized for this game within my laptop, including CPU usage, graphics are set to "High/Very High" in order to initiate that extra bit of CPU output, in-game overlay is off, graphics card is up-to-date yet the game is extremely choppy and I don't have this issue with other games. I don't know what to do, i've searched everywhere for a solution - youtube, forums, troubleshooting pages. 

1. A 3060 isn't going to handle the game on high/very high very well. It just doesn't have the power, especially a mobile version. I run a laptop with a 2070ti and I run on selected high/medium.

2. The game, when you first get into it, will be a bit choppy, especially on places like Orison, because it's loading textures/shaders/etc...

3. Turning off things like Vsync/Gsync, film grain, motion blur will help your frames a lot. 

4. Make sure that the game is using the video card and not onboard graphics.

Hopefully this helps.

If I can run the game on a Alienware Area 51, you should be just fine! I spent a lot time editing hardware and software. and I have found out most of the problems always came down to Windows screwing it up with crappy apps and setting. If you are using Windows 11 make sure you check the stupid X-Box Game Bar by pressing "Windows Button + G" and go to the setting and make sure HDR is to set to ON. Mine was constantly turning it off while Windows was turning it on ....... As soon as I did this my frames tripled and had no more glitches!