LUMINALIA 2951

Danakar Endeel

Luminalia is here and every day you can get a small present by going to the link below :)

CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS 🌟LUMINALIA 2951🌟

Twelve Days of Gifts

Count down the days until Luminalia with us. Starting this Saturday, December 11th, visit this section of the Luminalia Comm-Link and click on the link below to receive a small gift every day until Luminalia arrives on December 22nd. We've got more freebies than ever before this year, so be sure to check back here on this page daily.

Every day during the Luminalia event you can get a new gift. In total there will be 12 gifts that you can claim by putting them in your cart and checking them out for free. Apparently the gifts remain available so if you missed the first few days you can still get them as long as the event is up.

• Luminalia Day 1 - Festive Sweater
  • Luminalia Day 2 - Spectrum Badge
  • Luminalia Day 3 - Festive Wallpaper
  • Luminalia Day 4 - Special "IceBreak" Mustang Paint
  • Luminalia Day 5 - Special "Deck the Hull" Caterpillar Paint
  • Luminalia Day 6 - Sneak-peek image of the upcoming gravlev vehicle
  • Luminalia Day 7 - Special "IceBreak" Aurora Paint
  • Luminalia Day 8 - Alternate Spectrum Badge
  • Luminalia Day 9 - Railen Wallpaper
  • Luminalia Day 10 - Enjakte (Banu) Knife
  • Luminalia Day 11 - Special "IceBreak" Caterpillar Paint
  • Luminalia Day 12 - Reveal wallpaper of the upcoming Consolidated Outland gravlev bike 

So be sure to check every day and claim the free goodies. Most of them are just minor things but some of them are pretty cool. I personally like that sweater very much especially because it was designed by NAIIMA who was the winner of last year's "Design A Luminalia Sweater Contest". :D 

LuminaliaCard.thumb.jpg.4b8f392d062f4db744613816357ed2d6.jpg

1 hour ago, ChiefWarrant said:

Get your Hover ATV bike today!.... DO IT... it's FREE !!!!

Unfortunately it looks like it's just the reveal image; and not the actual bike. Would love for it to be actually free but I fear that all we will get is the picture. I did get my hopes up for a second though... :P 

Sadly all it says is "Reveal" with a link that opens the image. So if we want to actually obtain this 'gift' we will likely have to shell out 50 bucks for it. Those greedy Banu. ;)

Luminalia_Reveal-02.thumb.png.b5ed42320fcbb45b4be0e5532b508492.png

2 hours ago, ChiefWarrant said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I got so excited because they already had the sneak peak.  I thought the Drake Steel would be the last minute cash grab and this would be a gift :( 

Oh well... at least I got to skins for the Cat :)  

Yeah, I got my hopes up as well for a second... but then I realized this is CIG we're talking about and they wouldn't give a ~$50 vehicle away for free unless it's a Bonus Referral event that gives them at least $40.

It is rather peculiar though that they gave us sneakpeek handlebars and this reveal image as 'gifts' though as they could have put these in a newsletter instead. Personally I would have actually preferred getting a festive Pico and/or space-whale plushie with Christmas lights around its body. ;)

Ah well, at least they gave us some skins, a sweater, and a cool knife. Maybe one day CIG will sell us actual appartments so I can put that knife on display on a table somewhere. :)

I’m more disappointed about the order in which the gifts were presented.  Don’t have the last gift…. The climax/build up, be a wallpaper. The knife should have been the finally. —- I am grateful!! Don’t get me wrong. And I am super stoked about TWO Caterpillar paints and I don’t even own one…..//// But marketing…….. get it together. 

Yeah, if CIG had simply saved that Banu knife as the main gift for Day 12 I can guarantee that practically everyone would be happy. That's how advent calendars usually work where they give you the coolest thing last. Now they gave the coolest thing on Day 10, suddenly handed out another Caterpillar skin on Day 11 (which was awkward but okay), yet on the final day of the advent calendar they give us ... a picture.

And it wasn't even clear that it was just a picture at first; until you clicked "More Info" and saw the word "Reveal" with a clickable link that opens the source image. That was a pretty big let-down.

EDIT: Oh, it seems that CIG apparently realized their mistake and changed it to "Reveal-Wallpaper" now... 😒

Now I wasn't expecting them to give it out for free but if they had; then it would have garnered massive goodwill from the community. Now a lot of people are complaining that it's just a stupid picture when the vehicle itself isn't even released and instead we get some overpriced Cutlass Black with a few more guns on it for $235.

So whoever was responsible for this clearly doesn't know how an advent calendar is supposed to work. Heck, they could have given out an "IceBreak" skin for this upcoming vehicle or maybe even a discount ticket so you would get $5 off or something. But just showing the reveal when they could have just put it in the email that went out today felt rather stupid. Meanwhile CIG thinks that everybody is now going to buy that overpriced Cutlass Steal or something when it brings nothing to the table and is just a massive deathtrap due to its minimal shielding and zero cargo capacity. That thing should have been $120 at most. :P

Heck, for the same price you could get 2 Cutlass Blacks with money to spare. That's already 12 people in jumpseats plus 4 crew. Give each of them a railgun, put some vehicles in the cargohold, and go to town.;)