Bengal Carrier

scheherazade

1 hour ago, Caldon said:

I guess we'll have to park it in safe space then, should we ever find one.

As for the main gun, it would be really lame to not give it to players. Sure, it's REALLY powerful, but that's the whole point of the thing. It should be a grand reward for the grand quest of finding and restoring a Bengal, right?

Agreed we should get one or the ability to repair it.  I think that we just hide the thing and keep it protected 24/7.  If we take it into UEE territory, we the UEE will impound it. 

I agree that there is no way that it should be able to be taken offline that is BS.  You have one than you have to protect it. 

keep-calm-and-be-careful-what-you-wish-f

Even though getting a Bengal might be great, I think we really should give control to the diplomacy guys, they will be dealing with :

- all the so called allies helping us restore, defend and man it (all the time looking for an opportunity to stab us in the back and take it away from us ;))

- finding out who else is scheming in the galaxy to take it away from us

- selling the Bengal to one of the Alien races in exchange for a fleet of their capital ships that are not shot to shit

- reassuring the Emperor and the rest of the galaxy that we are not going to use the carrier against them, no really we are only spending billions of credits on that carrier so we can impress the ladies (or guys if that's your fancy ;)) on every spacestation we dock at. The carrier is only used to transport Gallitin, his harem and his private collection of super planes on a tour of the galaxy's elite holiday destinations :wub:

And of course if we give responsibility for the Bengal to the guys in diplomacy then we have a very good reason to throw all diplomacy personel out the nearest airlock without a space suit if they manage to lose or destroy the Bengal. Now that is what I would call a Win-Lose situation :lol:

- reassuring the Emperor and the rest of the galaxy that we are not going to use the carrier against them, no really we are only spending billions of credits on that carrier so we can impress the ladies (or guys if that's your fancy ;)) on every spacestation we dock at. The carrier is only used to transport Gallitin, his harem and his private collection of super planes on a tour of the galaxy's elite holiday destinations :wub:

That would be hilarious. Just turning our Bengal into a huge brothel... Huh. Actually, maybe we should get the commerce division on that. Could be a market there!

5 hours ago, Booster Terrik said:

Only a Bengal for Gallitin? Gallatin should only travel in a Kingship or larger!

• 3 weeks later...

@Caldon I know RIGHT!!!! I can't wait to step aboard, walk around her, checking out every deck, every room and then go to the bridge look out at the flight deck and the stars. I can't even imagine how amazing it will be...... If i get a little misty eye'd will that make me less of a man????  

5 hours ago, Core said:

@DirtDiverTwo9 Would it make you even more misty eye'd that theres a 50-50 chance that the first time you step foot in one, you'll have to kill every living thing on board?

@Core, there is a 0% chance that my first step will be when I have to kill everything on board.  You and @Sir_Belial are for the clearing.  I am for running space superiority during that time.  FYI, You and Belial could have a kill competition like this. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really hope Test follows through with their promise to fly a Bengal into a star.  And I hope I have enough notice to get there in time to watch it.

deathstar-crash-every-ship-can-land-once.jpg.9d9cf08ceb8faeea723866e67a8489cd.jpg

Personally I hope that if Imperium were to acquire one it could get it into policed space so we can take some time to rest and regroup without 30 kamikaze Idrises coming our way.  But that would likely still happen at port with how many Idrises there are out there with owners who don't care about loosing rep for a gag.

• 5 months later...

I wonder where the Bengal is now in the development pipeline. Considering the Idris is still in final prep - and CIG said the Idris is their testbed for all their new tech - I wouldn't be surprised if it's in limbo. Maybe we won't see much of it for another few years, perhaps until PU release or after. Earliest will be with the full release of SQ42 which is confirmed to feature it... and they just teased it so much. Not to seem greedy - I'm happy with glimpses of the Idris! - but it'd've been nice to have even a few screenshots of the Bengal.

I love the idea of finding and revitalizing a wreck in the 'verse. Wonder if we'll get any updates on stuff like that, like the old Death of a Spaceman...

On 7/5/2013 at 4:00 AM, N/A said:

Indeed i agree but CR hasn't specified what systems would automatic or by manual i.e auxiliary cannons. So there is no way of measuring the defence force  of these alone. Second space is massive and in order for another clan to engage a carrier they would probably have to see it. Bearing in mind these can be fitted with jump drives and such would add to the difficulty of mobilisation and deployment against these giants. Other factors do also come into play like clan structure, If they only act under one order from the top then if this individual is busy either online or doing life then this adds to extra time parameters allowing for the carrier to simply move off again and then it all restarts again.

My point is there are many extra variables that will come into play when fighting or defending these beasts and if indeed it all has to be manned, then we can adapt and simply make shifts for players to alternate meaning players wont be constantly walking the halls playing with a certain button for hours on end waiting for an engagement to occur so he has something to shoot at. 

I don't think population should be a concern for us ATM due to the date of release of this game and also the size of our force already (Imperium) we should meet a large force in no time ready to dominate  and operate at large capacity.

1. They have multiple manned and unmanned turret batteries, their passive defenses are nothing to scoff at. You wouldn't get anywhere with a swarm of Aurorae unless you have TEST-level numbers behind you, and even then those guns are so puny it might not matter. But if they can just fly into your hangar and prevent you from launching other fighters they cna pretty much turn it into a FPS contest. The main determining factor is whether or not you can get a platoon of marines on board to start shutting down systems and capturing the ship.

2. Space is massive, but so is a Bengal. My guess is you'll be able to detect something that large from pretty much anywhere in the system as long as it's within your sensor range. The shields alone would produce a larger EM signature than a Javelin or Idris.

3. Yes, they can equip jump drives (and likely have them installed by default) but it will use an astronomical amount of fuel per jump making it prohibitively expensive to move around constantly.

4. There will be enough players online in Imperium at any given time to man a Bengal, i'd assume. At the very least, enough for a skeleton crew actively working on it at any given time. I get the feeling we'd have enough people running T&I jobs in their spare time to fund a decent number of NPC crewmen for the organization once we find a Bengal. We'd have someone cram a Genesis full of em and ship em out as quickly as possible once we found the thing so people could Smith into the Bengal at a moment's notice.

@GRIZZ You honestly think the UEE wouldn't try to commandeer the thing if we flew it into their space? It's full-scale, top of the line military-grade hardware. The Javelin is too, but they strip the civilian models of all weapon systems and avionics, all they come with is a civilian jump drive, power core, and shields. Finding a derelict Javelin would be almost as valuable as a derelict Bengal.

5 hours ago, LeroyJenkins said:

@GRIZZ You honestly think the UEE wouldn't try to commandeer the thing if we flew it into their space? It's full-scale, top of the line military-grade hardware. The Javelin is too, but they strip the civilian models of all weapon systems and avionics, all they come with is a civilian jump drive, power core, and shields. Finding a derelict Javelin would be almost as valuable as a derelict Bengal.

Legitimate Salvage.

27 minutes ago, GRIZZ said:

Legitimate Salvage.

I second that.

We saw the vertical slice of SQ42, the Bella Donna could just take that starfarer without much hassle. Then again that was a Shubin starfarer, not a navy one. Hm..
I hope CIG can give us a good layout of UEE salvage law to go along with the much needed salvage design doc.