Bengal Carrier

scheherazade

They were specifically added for big clans to fight over as CR stated. I think that smaller guilds still have a chance to capture them but holding on to them might not be possible with a smaller member base as you need to defend them 24/7

I have a feeling that really big clans will park a ton of alts on their carrier, and will be able to pop in to defend them.

I can forsee this :

Clan W has 1500 players - has carrier that is never contested

Clan X has 1200 players - has carrier that is never contested

Clan Y has 500 players - temporarily has carrier that it trades off with 15 other 500 person clans as they fight for it.

Clan Z has 500 players - temporarily has carrier that it trades off with 15 other 500 person clans as they fight for it.

*Hundreds of smaler clans watch*

-scheherazade

Indeed i agree but CR hasn't specified what systems would automatic or by manual i.e auxiliary cannons. So there is no way of measuring the defence force  of these alone. Second space is massive and in order for another clan to engage a carrier they would probably have to see it. Bearing in mind these can be fitted with jump drives and such would add to the difficulty of mobilisation and deployment against these giants. Other factors do also come into play like clan structure, If they only act under one order from the top then if this individual is busy either online or doing life then this adds to extra time parameters allowing for the carrier to simply move off again and then it all restarts again.

My point is there are many extra variables that will come into play when fighting or defending these beasts and if indeed it all has to be manned, then we can adapt and simply make shifts for players to alternate meaning players wont be constantly walking the halls playing with a certain button for hours on end waiting for an engagement to occur so he has something to shoot at. 

I don't think population should be a concern for us ATM due to the date of release of this game and also the size of our force already (Imperium) we should meet a large force in no time ready to dominate  and operate at large capacity.

only 3 carriers in all the game? thats crazy...i think that must to be very hard and very expensive to have one yes,, but must be like any other ship.

Uuuunnnllleeeeessssss

You attack a UEE carrier and capture it.

Then you have 4 :D

-scheherazade

It would be cool if a massive pirate fleet took over a UEE carrier, and then if we had one as well. the UEE would put out some kind of bounty on distorting that bangle as they don't want pirates to have such a massive weapon, then we could have a massive Carrier battle of epicness and get quite a reward for destroying / capturing it.

Just have to wonder how big does the strike force have to be in order to take one over.

This is besides the scouts that need to find and logistics to keep ownership.

One of the 3 floating hulls?

Or a 100% operational UEE bengal?

I bet the 2nd option is a lot, considering that the UEE will probably be able to 'call in reinforcements' at any time.

-scheherazade

• 2 years later...
38 minutes ago, Arcanus said:

Yeah, I restarted an old topic, but I like the idea of a topic that just discusses the Bengal-class Carrier, not whether it's overpowered or how it compares to the Pegasus... Just the Bengal itself.

Well...... most people don't think of it this way..... (I am sure it affects people subconsciously)...... but I would put good money on the Bengal being one of the backers favorite ships...... and the reason why..... is because it was the Capital ship CR used to promote Star Citizen for the first time :wub:   I don't think we can really know if it is overpowered.... or how it compares to other capital ships (like the Pegasus)....or..... Vanduul carriers (like the Driller)........... but we can definitely discern our love for it (and if you need a bit of inspirational viewing..... there have been some leaked video's posted on it from the May 5th 2015 leak and Teller has some awesome videos on it).

I'd have to say it is my favorite capital ship in the UEE Fleet :wub:

7 hours ago, Arcanus said:

Yeah, I restarted an old topic, but I like the idea of a topic that just discusses the Bengal-class Carrier, not whether it's overpowered or how it compares to the Pegasus... Just the Bengal itself.

And to restart the discussion, I thought I'd bring a little present...

Behold!

cW1GBHn.jpg

She really is a beauty! This thing is unimaginably big.

I'm really looking forward to this capture the Bengal mechanic! How to operate them, maintain them, this is really going to be impressive
With the ship comparison images it looks like totally possible to land in there with all she ships until the 890J/Carrack size, correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm also really wondering how much supplies this big boy can take: fuel, ammo, equipment, etc etc.

• 2 months later...