New pilot, simple questions.

dragontamer

Hello all,Dragontamer here. So I'm New to star citizen and seem to like what I've seen so far,. Been playing Elite for years now bit have been watching SC for a while and thought id take the plunge, so quick question, does anyone use voice attack since it's not VR,that was the main reason I purchased it for ED. I do love it but not sure if it a need, I run a X-52 and im pretty sure it has enough buttons, but thanks all and see you in the Ink!

Hey @dragontamer

Welcome to StarCitizen and our community, pleasure to have you with us!

10 hours ago, dragontamer said:

does anyone use voice attack since it's not VR

I know people use to use Voice attack without VR, here are some profiles! 

I do love it but not sure if it a need

Its for sure not a need, just personal preference and convenience. =]

I run a X-52 and im pretty sure it has enough buttons

Yeah, you're good! If you feel you have enough then don't worry about it! We do have a lot of key binds for this game but you'll be better off experiencing it then deciding if you think Voice attack or extra buttons are needed. =]

And if it helps, I remember people using Voice Attack for Shield distribution (front/rear/sides) and Flares/Chaff a lot.  But that was awhile back, I'm sure there's great options for it though. Someone may have better answers for you but if there's anything else you need help with, don't hesitate to ask!

See you around!

I have Voice Attack installed without VR.

It is not a requirement, I used it in one of the previous patches.

Currently it is not setup.

Most joysticks are fine depending on how realistic you want it, your KB has enough buttons to help support.

I have a Warthog and Throttle I don't use anymore, I use my SpaceMouse pro with my actual mouse..  Most usage buttons are covered.  I do jump on KB for non ship movement though.

also 

Welcome.