Jump to content

Recommended Posts

....but I went ahead and logged out in the Aurora-Pathfinder I rented while doing a mission on Daymar (Sensitive Shipment) and now I think it's why I cannot get back into the game. Even when I managed to get the game loading, it still crashes back to the title screen after 10-15-20 minutes of loading. Would anybody like to advise me on how to go about fixing this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Space Marshall Mick said:

10-15-20 minutes of loading

Examine your memory.

I have noticed that until almost 8g is allocated to Star Citizen it remains in Loading.

If you have a lot of side things running and it cannot get to 8g, it will never finish no matter how long you sit there.

I have proven this by loading things just to prevent a full 8g available and it does indeed break the game.

Maybe yes, maybe no - but it does matter so it is worth examining. - DRUM out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In your case I would try a few things of varying levels of intensity.

  1. Change the server selection from BEST to USA or EUROPE and see if that loads you into the game. 
  2. When at the menu screen click on Persistent Universe and then Character Customization at the bottom. Change your character's gender, accept, and then try to load in.
  3. Activate a Character Reset. Once you do this; leave it for about an hour (just in case) before logging back in and see if that works.

 

That's the only suggestions I can think of that may help you get out of your predicament. Hope this helps! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Drum said:

Examine your memory.

I have noticed that until almost 8g is allocated to Star Citizen it remains in Loading.

If you have a lot of side things running and it cannot get to 8g, it will never finish no matter how long you sit there.

I have proven this by loading things just to prevent a full 8g available and it does indeed break the game.

Maybe yes, maybe no - but it does matter so it is worth examining. - DRUM out

I do have a lot of things running in the background when ever I try to play the game, and always get that message when the game begins to load that I need to free up 8 giga bytes. So, I will look into freeing up the memory next time I try playing. Does this included internet pages?

3 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

In your case I would try a few things of varying levels of intensity.

  1. Change the server selection from BEST to USA or EUROPE and see if that loads you into the game. 
  2. When at the menu screen click on Persistent Universe and then Character Customization at the bottom. Change your character's gender, accept, and then try to load in.
  3. Activate a Character Reset. Once you do this; leave it for about an hour (just in case) before logging back in and see if that works.

 

That's the only suggestions I can think of that may help you get out of your predicament. Hope this helps! :)

I tried that with the servers. I tried all of them. No, I haven't tried changing my characters gender yet, but before, I started having this problem I was altering my avatar, but never the gender. Yes, I thinking of resetting, but that wipes my character. All his purchases and money disappear then, don't they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Space Marshall Mick said:

I do have a lot of things running in the background when ever I try to play the game, and always get that message when the game begins to load that I need to free up 8 giga bytes. So, I will look into freeing up the memory next time I try playing. Does this included internet pages?

I tried that with the servers. I tried all of them. No, I haven't tried changing my characters gender yet, but before, I started having this problem I was altering my avatar, but never the gender. Yes, I thinking of resetting, but that wipes my character. All his purchases and money disappear then, don't they?

No, from what I've heard a Character Reset retains all your money and ingame purchases. A friend of mine did it but he reported that the only things he was missing were weapon magazines and medpens (ie. consumables); but those also disappear frequently after a regular patch. :)

So you should be safe as all your aUEC and ingame ship purchases should still be there; even after using a drastic measure like the Character Reset option. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did everything Drum asked me to, and it did get rid of the notification about freeing up more memory.

Last night, I reset my account and and still having problems getting back into the game. One difference was that it took me to change avatar screen and there I got some sort of error that did not allow me to change my avatar. I eventually begun reloading the game  for Australian servers and after good while , it gave me a error that it timed out. This is error I usually get like clock work, every second time, I try to load the game. Every first time, it works, but not this time.....

I will try reloading the game tonight.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Space Marshall Mick said:

boy is it hard to fly out of Orison

Yep, that 750k altitude is a drag.

Best advice is to grab the fastest ship you got and boom it out.

On my second attempt I used a 350r, and it really flashed those numbers.- DRUM out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the Origin 125a is pretty fast , but right now I'm flying a MSR, and loving it so much I wish I could buy one. One of the other free flight ships is a Anvil Arrow, they may be the fastest, I reckon and I think Crusader is meant to be that hard to fly out of because it's a giant. I stay away from Orison for now.

BTW, I changed the sex of my avatar, and playing as a woman for a change. The plays, it works, but it still get loading issues like clock work, every first time, i boot it up and every second time, it successfully loads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By Space Marshall Mick
      Not that I can find the exact information anywhere in my account, I believe I backed this game at the tier of Space Marshall (Hence my username!) if there is or was such a tier sometime in 2013, I think and purchased the Anvil F7C-S Ghost Hornet package. I came here looking for help because, I cannot currently get my game going. I have had numerous problems trying to launch the game and right now it just keeps crashing to the title menu. Which is something the game hasn't done before the 3.14 patch. I used to have no problems launching the game. Although I have always had game crashes. I 'd also like to know if there is a Free Flight Event this weekend and if so, then maybe that's why I can't get in, because every server is full.  Perhaps...,but I'm also looking for the official Star Citizen forums when I found this one. Please give me link to that one if you can.
      07
       
    • By Lucius Siccius
      Good morning,
      I am Lucius_Siccius founder and head diplomat for MORTEM SOLIS.
      We founded this organization seeing the necessity of having long lasting relationships with fellow like minded relationships within Star Citizen. The ships, the events, streams and all the flair are great but we believe the game will be won in boardrooms and around negotiation tables. We all are experienced Star Citizen players that have been part of the development of the game for quite some time now, and created this organization taking the best of our experiences with previous groups we were part of before. And adding that outreach we think is very much needed for groups to thrive truly in the game.
      Fortunately even though we just started our efforts a little over a week ago, we have a very solid relationship with organizations, content creators, developers & even sponsors like GameGlass and others that are at your disposal as well if you think that they will benefit the advancement of our diplomatic relationship. 
      Is a pleasure meeting you, to be part of this awesome site and to be considered as a valuable part of your efforts. Our doors are open for ambassadors to join our server and chat about future instances in which we can collaborate and have fun in the 'verse.
      Please be safe out there, and hope to chat soon.
      Guilded server: https://www.guilded.gg/r/zz7EAgk3XR?i=o4P16yad
      RSI Profile: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/MORTEM
       
       

×
×
  • Create New...