Need advice

BOG

I know almost nothing about PC's hardware. I have a Nvidia GTX 970 4GB (I think) and when I start up SC it takes a giant laggy dump all over my screen, I can barely get up out of the bed.

My situation is dire.

I need to know what is the bare minimum I can get away with so I can play this game with high graphic settings? 

I can't afford the high end stuff, i got an i5 with 16 gb ram I can't look at the specs since its in the repair shop and my memory is shot from decades of grass! Any help would be appreciated.

This is the minimum for high textures at 1080p, though as you can see, you'll only get ~21FPS.
image.png

For recommended at same settings:
image.png

As an aside, running SC off of an SSD will vastly improve any potential loading problems you may have, though your current set-up is very much at or below the minimum required to run the game.

I found this useful too, if applicable to your case https://testsquadron.com/threads/improve-sc-performance-with-page-filing.12695/.

I saw mentioned a couple more things:

1-it is better to run SC on high settings than low, since otherwise it burdens the CPU ( which is the bottleneck) with part of the graphic load of the GPU

2-Multi core is a must

3- more than 16g or ram help a lot since the game uses full 16 and Windows/iother apps need to dip on those all the time

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Space_Cowboy83
      So, GPU as well as CPU usage is pretty low at around 70% max respectively in this game and framerates show it - I land at just under 60FPS. Is there any way to fix it? My system runs fine otherwise. Currently no game other than Star Citizen shows this issue. Game is installed on a Samsung 840 Evo SATA SSD.
      Specs:
      Windows 10 21H1 R5 5600x 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MT/s, Dual Rank MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi MSI RTX 2070 Armor Corsair RM650i DxDiag.txt

• By Boildown
      https://www.anandtech.com/show/16057/nvidia-announces-the-geforce-rtx-30-series-ampere-for-gaming-starting-with-rtx-3080-rtx-3090

In the RTX 20 series, the 2080 Ti was way ahead of the rest of the pack, even one step down, the RTX 2080 (Super or not) didn't come close.  But in the 30 series, even the RTX 3070 looks like it might have better performance than the 2080 Ti.  If true, this will be a revolutionary GPU.  I plan to buy at around the same time or maybe slightly before the next Ryzen CPUs come out end of year. 
      I think the best plan will be to order when the Ryzen release date is announced.  (On a related note, I definitely think this next release is the moment when AMD unambiguously takes the CPU crown from Intel at the high end, even for gaming.)  By later this year all the other manufacturers will have their best offerings in stock at normal prices, so I'll be able to get my usual triple fan version.  Not sure yet if I'll get 3070, 3080, or 3090, will try to get best price performance and only go 3090 if its head and shoulders above the 3080 like the 2080 Ti was above the 2080.
    • By Gremlich
      I get these notifications in the email - lots of great deals to be found for RAM, SSDs, etc
      Newegg and Microcenter, sometimes PNY, mostly Newegg, though, 
      really! get moar stuff, NO REALLY!!

buy buy buy!! good deals on SSDs, DDR4 RAM, next gen Intel CPUs
      And if you want help kitting out a computer, use pcpartpicker
      If you want help building a computer, there are loads of videos on newegg and youtube (for instance 
      just go to Youtube and search for "build a gaming computer" and you'll get lots of options to view.)

• By Gremlich
      GRAPHICS Radeon VII 16GB HBM 2 memory cost around $320
    • By Gremlich
      Coming out soon.  Value priced?
      GRAPHICS Nvidia preparing three new GTX graphics cards